2009 All-State

Indian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Class A Team is a joke.

You are exactly right. That is no All State team, Pickett County that came in 4th place in their district has three All State players, something is wrong. I know Clark Range was really good but I've never heard of a team with four All State players on the same team. I guess Jackson County really got mistreated with only one All Stater. The voters must have all came from the 7A district. Two girls from west Tennessee? and eight girls from 7A.

That is really sad.

You are exactly right. That is no All State team, Pickett County that came in 4th place in their district has three All State players, something is wrong. I know Clark Range was really good but I've never heard of a team with four All State players on the same team. I guess Jackson County really got mistreated with only one All Stater. The voters must have all came from the 7A district. Two girls from west Tennessee? and eight girls from 7A.

That is really sad.

Who should have been on there? You want to put down Pickett Co. but have no names to add?? You think Pickett has that much pull? All the voters from 7-A?? Thats laughable too.. Your posts directed to the upper cumberland area usually wreaks with jealousy and sarcasm and that is sad. Its the kids you are talking about not the voters/sports writers.

Congratulations to all!

Feel free to add who you think should be on but there's no need to knock particular players or the schools. You can quickly see the players being discussed by looking at the list even if it's just the schools mentioned. Do I think a player from here should have been on it, yes. But her team didn't make it as far as the past 2 seasons and there weren't many players from this area picked as a whole, just 4 of 60 and that includes SAS which is on the fringe of what could be called the area. I'd like to see the breakdown of voters by area, maybe that has something to do with it. That said it's not a huge deal, players both on the list and not making it proved their worth during the season and postseason.

That is really sad.

It was 9 actually /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> One player is on a team that won 12 games. She's a very good scorer and did her part for them but that one surprised me, not for a lack of talent but because of the record.

It was 9 actually /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> One player is on a team that won 12 games. She's a very good scorer and did her part for them but that one surprised me, not for a lack of talent but because of the record.

I was a little surprised by a couple of the choices. It seems the all state players have become a how did your team do award, and I'm ok with that. However, a few girls make it whose team was not very good, and that is what upsets a lot of people. So, they need to make up their minds about what it means to be all state. Is it about team success or individual success. I have seen several girls left off of this list through the years that had great numbers, and I have seen girls make the team whose team was great. I'm not complaining because I'm a Clarkrange fan, and I do believe all 4 girls deserved this award. I'm just stating my observation.

[

quote name='Greenfieldfan' date='Apr 10 2009 - 08:31 PM' post='827081083']

That is really sad.

It is a joke..But it's Sportwriters from newspapers across the State and maybe even radio announcers...And most papers are from the Nashville,Knoxville and Chatt. area..I'd really like to know the papers in West Tenn that voted ,Jacksun Sun,State Gazette,Commercial Appeal..etc..and see if they even did vote and would love to see the listings from each individual newspaper from across the state...Three players from a team that came in 4th place..If they had 3 All Staters,they should have done a lot better than that..!I'll be willing to bet that 80 percent of those writers didn't see Lake Co or T.T. Flowers play and the only reason I said 80 percent was because 20 percent may have seen them at the State Tournament..I'd be willing to say 95 percent didn't see Greenfield or any of our District 14 A teams..Greenfield..In another article..you said you thought T.T. Flowers was a Miss Basketball candidate from our area and that T.T. was the best player in our district...But yet she didn't make the team..This isn't intended toward Molly..I think she's a great player and deserves to be on the team...It's having 4 players on 1 team and 3 from a 4th place team..Most people have T.T. in the top five for next year and maybe a candidate for Miss Basketball..According to this ..T.T. has no chance..She can be the best player in the West next year and she will have no chance since the sportwriters don't seem to know anything..The writers should be ashamed of themselves..I'll go on record as saying they're a bunch of idiots if they think T.T. Flowers isn't better than the 3rd or 4th best players on those two teams..I usually don't ever say anything about all state awards..But it's a travesty to leave T.T. off this team..She was the one player that broke the other teams press,hustled more,played harder than any player I saw this year and was because of her that Lake Co went as far as they did.Maybe they should get out and actually watch a kid play!It is a joke..I'm sure several of those players should be on the team..but 4 players on 1 team and 3 from another..get real!

[

quote name=Greenfieldfan' date='Apr 10 2009 - 08:31 PM' post='827081083]

That is really sad.

It is a joke..But it's Sportwriters from newspapers across the State..And most papers are from the Nashville,Knoxville and Chatt. area..Three players from a team that came in 4th place..If they had 3 All Staters,they should have done a lot better than that..!I'll be willing to bet that 80 percent of those writers didn't see Lake Co or T.T. Flowers play and the only reason I said 80 percent was because 20 percent may have seen them at the State Tournament..I'd be willing to say 95 percent didn't see Greenfield or any of our District 14 A teams..Greenfield..In another article..you said you thought T.T. Flowers was a Miss Basketball candidate from our area and that T.T. was the best player in our district...But yet shedidn't make the team..This isn't intended toward Molly..I think she's a great player and deserves to be on the team...It's having 4 players on 1 team and 3 from a 4th place team..The writers should be ashamed of themselves..I'll go on record as saying they're a bunch of idiots if they think T.T. Flowers isn't better than the 3rd or 4th best players on those two teams..Maybe they should get out and actually watch a kid play!It is a joke..I'm sure several pf those players should be on the team..but 4 players on 1 team and 3 from another..get real!

I agree that TT Flowers should be on this list. I only got to see her play at the state tournament, but she really impressed me. I also think Beth Hawn should have been on the list. I think that Pickett County got a lot of love and I think that Colter deserved to be on the list, but her team was not very good so that was surprising. A lot of people will say that Green from Clarkrange doesn't deserve this, but I think in her defense you have to look at how many points the girls she covered scored. She shut down Christopher, and Faulkner in the state tournament. She also gave Leonard fits every time Jackson Co played Clarkrange, so I think she belongs on the list.

TO ALL THE SPORTSWRITERS:EVERYONE OF YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THOSE VOTES..NO WAY 3 PLAYERS ON A TEAM THAT GOT 4TH PLACE SHOULD HAVE HAD 3 MEMBERS..!

Below is a previous post from a fan from an opposing school:

TT Flowers was the MVP of the region as a freshman and will be the best player again next year. TT Flowers will be a Miss Basketball candidate before she graduates. TT led her team this year to the state tournament and played well on the big stage.

Molly Wallsmith is a good player but not a Miss Basketball. Molly had alot more talent on her Bradford team than TT and Lake County had but Lake County still won two of the three games against Bradford. There is no comparison between TT and Molly this past year If 14A has a Miss Basketball candidate then its got to be TT Flowers.

The post above was from a fan from Greenfield!

Here's another post from another fan..I believe is from Dyer Co..a school that Lake Co doesn't even play:

I agreee..I saw both players and both are very good..Molly seemed to be a steady player..seemed to have more help around her..I got the impression that Lake Co goes as T.T. goes..She's just a blur..And to be only 13 years old and playing against a lot of 17 and 18 year olds..If I werre a coach..wouldn't mind having either player..Having both would be even better..lol !

Maybe all the Sportswriters should get out and actually see the girls play..This fan saw T.T. several times this past season..We played his school 3 times..He's not from Lake Co..I met him for the first time this past season..He isn't biased..Not putting Molly down..I'd have her on the all state list..I have a problem with some of the girls all being on the same team..especially a team with 3 players and could only finish in 4th place...Sportswriters.Get out and do your job..!

Can't wait to see the Boys All State team to see if Russel Avery made the boys team..I think T.T. actually did more for the Lake Co girls team than Russel did for the boys so I'm kind of wondering if Russel makes the team.!

Just saw the Boys team..Congrats to Russel avery and Tevin Crayton..Very surprised that Charles Taylor ,Single A and C.J. Crittendon Double A wasn't on the teams..But then again..Not !

I agree that TT Flowers should be on this list. I only got to see her play at the state tournament, but she really impressed me. I also think Beth Hawn should have been on the list. I think that Pickett County got a lot of love and I think that Colter deserved to be on the list, but her team was not very good so that was surprising. A lot of people will say that Green from Clarkrange doesn't deserve this, but I think in her defense you have to look at how many points the girls she covered scored. She shut down Christopher, and Faulkner in the state tournament. She also gave Leonard fits every time Jackson Co played Clarkrange, so I think she belongs on the list.

I'm not putting any of the girls down that made this list..Just the Sportswriters for not doing their job..By looking at this and Miss Basketball awards..If the sportwriters are the ones that determine the winners..maybe it should be another way...Most people that have seen her play,evidently not sportwriters,have T.T. in the top 5 for next year and I've noticed probably close to 10 of these girls will be back next year...So by looking at this and the total unjustice of their votes..she looks to have no chance!