Dyer County's Head Coach Resigns

N2Choctaws

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received text from Dyersburg State Gazette this morning that Angie Stafford, DC's women's head coach had resigned. Full details to follow in today's paper.

Any thoughts on a replacement?

I got that same text and read the paper about her resigning..Said it was a tough decision for her to step down..Said Dyer Co wanted her back..But I had a source tell me that Dyer co got rid of just about all the coaches of the girls teams in the county!I heard they didn't think the girls teams were up to par and made a sweep..Was told if they didn't resign..would be fired!Anything to this that you know of?Were the other coaches,Three Oaks,Northview let go as well?..I also was told that Coach McCord would maybe coach the Dyer Co girls team..If they would give him a salary increase and not have him teach any courses!

I got that same text and read the paper about her resigning..Said it was a tough decision for her to step down..Said Dyer Co wanted her back..But I had a source tell me that Dyer co got rid of just about all the coaches of the girls teams in the county!I heard they didn't think the girls teams were up to par and made a sweep..Was told if they didn't resign..would be fired!Anything to this that you know of?Were the other coaches,Three Oaks,Northview let go as well?..I also was told that Coach McCord would maybe coach the Dyer Co girls team..If they would give him a salary increase and not have him teach any courses!

Mr Big , My sources tell me Angie was given am option of resigning or being fired from coaching. She has tenyor , so she will still be able to teach if she want to. Also my sources tell me that all coaches at DC were let go. Junior High coaches too. Coach McCord was asked if the girls job came open would he do both and he said he would be interested. I'm not sure if he will be asked to do both. I think they will do a search first to see who is out there and find out who is avallible. In my opinion this has been a long time comming. Angie would be a good junior high coach, but I don't see her doing that. Her district record was her big down fall, in my opinion. Angie is a great person, and was a good player at DC, but she has not been able to get the girls to the next level.

Mr Big , My sources tell me Angie was given am option of resigning or being fired from coaching. She has tenyor , so she will still be able to teach if she want to. Also my sources tell me that all coaches at DC were let go. Junior High coaches too. Coach McCord was asked if the girls job came open would he do both and he said he would be interested. I'm not sure if he will be asked to do both. I think they will do a search first to see who is out there and find out who is avallible. In my opinion this has been a long time comming. Angie would be a good junior high coach, but I don't see her doing that. Her district record was her big down fall, in my opinion. Angie is a great person, and was a good player at DC, but she has not been able to get the girls to the next level.

you heard the same thing I did then...But the newspaper article stated that Dyer Co wanted her to come back and she slept on it and decided to retire..I heard her downfall was that she was never able to beat Gibson Co.,Westview and Central...But who has..lol..You're the expert on Dyer Co compared to what little I know..I just thought it was hard to beat those teams even with a loaded team..Any other district in Double A,I believe she was have done much better...With Dyer Co moving up..thought Dyer Co has a chance to win more games,at least in the regular season,,,Dyer Co has just about everyone back so they should do better..If they had stayed in Double A with Gibson Co.,Central and Westview next year,still don't believe they could beat any of those teams because of all the returning players those teams have..And based on what I saw in the middle schools from Three Oaks and Northview..not much help coming the next several seasons..The Dyer Co fans that think

Dyer Co hasn't been up to par with Angie..I don't believe they've seen anything yet..From what I've seen..Dyer Co should do pretty well this coming year..After that..Be lucky to stay out of the cellar..Unless Dyer Co has some transfers..just don't see a lot of talent..I saw a lot of games from both Three Oaks and Northview the past two seasons ,had a niece that started for Northview...They couldn't even get the ball down the floor and couldn't shoot..Maybe would score 10 points in a game..The Gibbons girl played ok this year for a freshman..but don't believe she's going to score a lot of points..I believe the next few seasons are going to be awful after this season..Unless someone just wants a check...I wouldn't take this job if I was worried about being a winning coach ! I really think she did the best thing by retiring..After the next 4 or 5 seasons..believe most would love to see her back..And if Coach McCord wants the wins to keep coming..he'd better stick to the boys team!

dwight hedge has decided to 'revamp' the girls basketball team at dyer co, northview, and three oaks. stafford had tenure so she had the choice of 'resigning', but even if she hadnt she'd been fired, but means she can still teach. however, the three oaks and northview coach didnt have tenure. which is sad because now, not only is the two middle schools looking for a new coach, but also a new teacher. and those two women are now jobless. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i understand you can make a player better through practices and stuff..but its hard to win and become better when you just dont get any talent.

i know both the middle school women, one more personally than the other. northview coach was only there two years, not sure about toms coach.

you heard the same thing I did then...But the newspaper article stated that Dyer Co wanted her to come back and she slept on it and decided to retire..I heard her downfall was that she was never able to beat Gibson Co.,Westview and Central...But who has..lol..You're the expert on Dyer Co compared to what little I know..I just thought it was hard to beat those teams even with a loaded team..Any other district in Double A,I believe she was have done much better...With Dyer Co moving up..thought Dyer Co has a chance to win more games,at least in the regular season,,,Dyer Co has just about everyone back so they should do better..If they had stayed in Double A with Gibson Co.,Central and Westview next year,still don't believe they could beat any of those teams because of all the returning players those teams have..And based on what I saw in the middle schools from Three Oaks and Northview..not much help coming the next several seasons..The Dyer Co fans that think

Dyer Co hasn't been up to par with Angie..I don't believe they've seen anything yet..From what I've seen..Dyer Co should do pretty well this coming year..After that..Be lucky to stay out of the cellar..Unless Dyer Co has some transfers..just don't see a lot of talent..I saw a lot of games from both Three Oaks and Northview the past two seasons ,had a niece that started for Northview...They couldn't even get the ball down the floor and couldn't shoot..Maybe would score 10 points in a game..The Gibbons girl played ok this year for a freshman..but don't believe she's going to score a lot of points..I believe the next few seasons are going to be awful after this season..Unless someone just wants a check...I wouldn't take this job if I was worried about being a winning coach ! I really think she did the best thing by retiring..After the next 4 or 5 seasons..believe most would love to see her back..And if Coach McCord wants the wins to keep coming..he'd better stick to the boys team!

Mr. Big, If you go back and look at her wins, losses and post season play, you can see that Angie didn't do very well. She has been at Dyer Co. for eight years and i believe its time for someone else to step in and try and see if they can bring the girls out of the cellar. She has had plenty of time to do it and she didn't get it done. I believe she is a great teacher, but she has fallen behind in her coaching job. I can remember when she had all seniors one year and was picked to win the district and didn't get it done. It's time for a change. I think you would be surprised at what McCord could do with theses same girls.

Mr. Big, If you go back and look at her wins, losses and post season play, you can see that Angie didn't do very well. She has been at Dyer Co. for eight years and i believe its time for someone else to step in and try and see if they can bring the girls out of the cellar. She has had plenty of time to do it and she didn't get it done. I believe she is a great teacher, but she has fallen behind in her coaching job. I can remember when she had all seniors one year and was picked to win the district and didn't get it done. It's time for a change. I think you would be surprised at what McCord could do with theses same girls.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if he coaches..not talking about this coming year..Whoever coaches probably will win about 12 to 15 games with the upcoming group simply because they won't have to play Gibson Co.and the other teams in Double A..After that..be lucky to win 6 ball games unless they play Halls...Coach McCord can't press when he doesn't have girls that can run..or dribble and too slow..This team coming up this year should be able to run a little..after that..don't see it happening..Lake Co had the Three Oaks girls and Northview beat so bad ....could have won 60 points the year before last and 30 to 40 last year..!Coach McCord 's not a magician..but then again..some of the boys players from the other towns may have sisters...lol..Had to throw that in there for some of the Dyer Co haters..lol

dwight hedge has decided to 'revamp' the girls basketball team at dyer co, northview, and three oaks. stafford had tenure so she had the choice of 'resigning', but even if she hadnt she'd been fired, but means she can still teach. however, the three oaks and northview coach didnt have tenure. which is sad because now, not only is the two middle schools looking for a new coach, but also a new teacher. and those two women are now jobless. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i understand you can make a player better through practices and stuff..but its hard to win and become better when you just dont get any talent.

i know both the middle school women, one more personally than the other. northview coach was only there two years, not sure about toms coach.

You're saying exactly the same thing I heard..That the teams weren't up to par..The newspaper had it like Angie had a choice to coach..I don't believe that..My sons grandmother is a teacher..Too bad those women didn't have tenure to at least teach..Have to go somewhere else just to teach now and start all over!I'm with you..practice will make you a little better..but the players those women had didn't have hardly any talent..Pat Summit couldn't have won with those players...And I say that with my niece being on the Northview team with the Gibbons girl their 8th grade year..

No, I don't believe Angie had a choice to coach. Her only choice was to teach or not teach. With her having tenure, she had that choice. Anyone who coaches theses girls should have a winning record, because the teams are weaker in 3AAA, in my opinion. Dyer Co. should try to keep some of the 2AA teams on shedule, it will only make them better. If they lose to them it want mean as much as specially in District play. I think the coaching in 3AAA is not up to snuff either. There are better coaches in 2AA and 1AA .

I'm not sure of the Schools in your new District but winning is not the only thing. Being able to develop rivalries and keep attendance up is as much of concern, I'm sure, to the school. Good luck.

I believe that the only way to develop rivalries and keep attendence up is to win as most everyone will agree that knows the game. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You're saying exactly the same thing I heard..That the teams weren't up to par..The newspaper had it like Angie had a choice to coach..I don't believe that..My sons grandmother is a teacher..Too bad those women didn't have tenure to at least teach..Have to go somewhere else just to teach now and start all over!I'm with you..practice will make you a little better..but the players those women had didn't have hardly any talent..Pat Summit couldn't have won with those players...And I say that with my niece being on the Northview team with the Gibbons girl their 8th grade year..

Who will be the new coach? Better yet like you are saying who would want the job! What about former coaches who are DC alumni like Poindexter and Larue?