Kingsport DB

sfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect the same ole' story.

What is the same old story? SH will be replacing 7 or 8 seniors with 1 rising senior. Josh Odem will be hard to replace both from his basketball skills as well leadership skills. The rest of the varsity will be made up of this year's freshmen and sophmores, all with very limited varsity experience. Unless some sophmores and freshmen grow several inches this year, SH will not be very tall.

What is the same old story? SH will be replacing 7 or 8 seniors with 1 rising senior. Josh Odem will be hard to replace both from his basketball skills as well leadership skills. The rest of the varsity will be made up of this year's freshmen and sophmores, all with very limited varsity experience. Unless some sophmores and freshmen grow several inches this year, SH will not be very tall.

???I would expect the same ole' story??? is a true statement. Once again the expectations for the Indians will be high. Morgan put an effort in getting some of his underclassman decent varsity exposure this year, but Cutlip decided to stick to his DEEP senior core. Morgan??™s efforts should pay dividends this coming season, but I think Cutlip accepted the fact early on that his very young and very talented group of underclassman (that reaches all the way to the eight grade) are at least a year away from domination??¦but its coming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> DB has a formidable group returning as seniors this coming season in Adam Denison, Devon Sylvester, and Darius Davis, with Derrick Steel adding that depth in athleticism. All have already visibly improved there game. The Big 9 is going to be tighter and even more unpredictable than this past season, but DB is easily the expected front runner to start the season??¦SAME OLE??™ STORY. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

???I would expect the same ole' story??? is a true statement. Once again the expectations for the Indians will be high. Morgan put an effort in getting some of his underclassman decent varsity exposure this year, but Cutlip decided to stick to his DEEP senior core. Morgan??™s efforts should pay dividends this coming season, but I think Cutlip accepted the fact early on that his very young and very talented group of underclassman (that reaches all the way to the eight grade) are at least a year away from domination??¦but its coming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> DB has a formidable group returning as seniors this coming season in Adam Denison, Devon Sylvester, and Darius Davis, with Derrick Steel adding that depth in athleticism. All have already visibly improved there game. The Big 9 is going to be tighter and even more unpredictable than this past season, but DB is easily the expected front runner to start the season??¦SAME OLE??™ STORY. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

My GOD!!! The dead has arisen!!!! Where you been my friend? I thought I was going to put an APB out for you...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> So are you into the summer circuit yet? Hope all is well with you & yours..... GOD BLESS!!!!

My GOD!!! The dead has arisen!!!! Where you been my friend? I thought I was going to put an APB out for you...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> So are you into the summer circuit yet? Hope all is well with you & yours..... GOD BLESS!!!!

What??™s up Stoke! We just got started last week and played at Smokey Mt. this weekend. Totally different group??¦totally different team. We actually talked Keith ???Mister??? Jennings to come in and work with the boys this year. I held on to the reigns this weekend, but he is suppose to start practicing with the boys this week and we will be at Smokey Mt. one more weekend before hitting the road. Come check them out this weekend. We have 10 right now but can carry up to 15 and travel 12??¦so let me know if you have someone that needs to be on the team. I would personally like to get Trent. Maybe you can help me out with the contact. cap1net@yahoo.com

Anyway??¦I??™ve been busy getting my graduate situated into the next stage of his life. We were going through the ???girlfriend drama??? thing. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" He even said at one point that he didn??™t want to play basketball in college even though he had several offers on the table!!??? We were able to work through this??¦so far??¦and he is set to make his announcement this week??¦PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn??™t easy and he could have landed a better opportunity had we been able to hold out a little longer. But drastic times call for drastic measures, and this decision was made with basketball not being the most important factor in the equation. Word to the wise to all that dream of their son playing at the next level??¦them girls are a curse at this stage in their lives. It seems like all the blood has permanently rushed from their skull /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> and there??™s not any amount of rationale reasoning you can get them to understand at that point. I personally don??™t remember it being so bad when I was in school. I wore my players card on my chest as a badge of honor. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> These days these kids get into a (lets just say) more than hugs and kisses relationship and they think this is THE ONE. Pitiful situation to witness as a father.

Anyway??¦I??™ve been busy getting my graduate situated into the next stage of his life. We were going through the ???girlfriend drama??? thing. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" He even said at one point that he didn??™t want to play basketball in college even though he had several offers on the table!!??? We were able to work through this??¦so far??¦and he is set to make his announcement this week??¦PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn??™t easy and he could have landed a better opportunity had we been able to hold out a little longer. But drastic times call for drastic measures, and this decision was made with basketball not being the most important factor in the equation. Word to the wise to all that dream of their son playing at the next level??¦them girls are a curse at this stage in their lives. It seems like all the blood has permanently rushed from their skull /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> and there??™s not any amount of rationale reasoning you can get them to understand at that point. I personally don??™t remember it being so bad when I was in school. I wore my players card on my chest as a badge of honor. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> These days these kids get into a (lets just say) more than hugs and kisses relationship and they think this is THE ONE. Pitiful situation to witness as a father.

Do I have a story for you sometime. Maybe I can talk to your son and provide some personal life situations of my own. I went through the same thing your son is going through. The one thing ALL kids need to understand is that if it was meant to be, it will be no matter the situation, but YOU can NEVER hold back your future for the sake of another no matter how much you THINK you love them or vice-versa....... It's funny that you have Mr. Jennings helping out. Turns out that Les Robinson was recruiting me for ETSU and I declined, choosing King College instead and the rest is history with Mr. Jennings going to ETSU that year. ETSU was a door mat so I thought at the time. If I had a crystal ball to show me what was in store from 87-91......lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do I have a story for you sometime. Maybe I can talk to your son and provide some personal life situations of my own. I went through the same thing your son is going through. The one thing ALL kids need to understand is that if it was meant to be, it will be no matter the situation, but YOU can NEVER hold back your future for the sake of another no matter how much you THINK you love them or vice-versa....... It's funny that you have Mr. Jennings helping out. Turns out that Les Robinson was recruiting me for ETSU and I declined, choosing King College instead and the rest is history with Mr. Jennings going to ETSU that year. ETSU was a door mat so I thought at the time. If I had a crystal ball to show me what was in store from 87-91......lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You just hammered home what I have been preaching to him for the past month or so, in that your future is all about the decisions you make at this exact point in your life. I can tell that he could truly benefit from hearing your story??¦and he is actually at a point at which he would actually here the words that will come out your mouth (if you know what I mean). I??™ll have to PM his cell to you.

Mr. Jennings Mr. Jennings Mr. Jennings! After seeing Keith working and interacting with the boys last night at practice I truly believe that we have yet to see the best of Mr. Keith Jennings. I??™ve never seen a group of boys work so hard in practice since??¦well??¦never!!! Mr??™s personality and presence allows him to bring the boys to a level of intensity which they were killing themselves to gain his praise. I??™ve only personally seen that with one other coach and that??™s George Pitts, but you know from experience that Coach Pitts does it by never giving you that praise...so you work harder and harder to try and get it. Keith??™s experience and skill level gives him the ability to correct bad habits and tell them the right way and even show them if necessary. You??™ll be surprised to know that the majority of the players this year are from DB with only two from The Hill and none from THS. We even have a kid from Johnson County and one from Avery Co.

You just hammered home what I have been preaching to him for the past month or so, in that your future is all about the decisions you make at this exact point in your life. I can tell that he could truly benefit from hearing your story??¦and he is actually at a point at which he would actually here the words that will come out your mouth (if you know what I mean). I??™ll have to PM his cell to you.

Mr. Jennings Mr. Jennings Mr. Jennings! After seeing Keith working and interacting with the boys last night at practice I truly believe that we have yet to see the best of Mr. Keith Jennings. I??™ve never seen a group of boys work so hard in practice since??¦well??¦never!!! Mr??™s personality and presence allows him to bring the boys to a level of intensity which they were killing themselves to gain his praise. I??™ve only personally seen that with one other coach and that??™s George Pitts, but you know from experience that Coach Pitts does it by never giving you that praise...so you work harder and harder to try and get it. Keith??™s experience and skill level gives him the ability to correct bad habits and tell them the right way and even show them if necessary. You??™ll be surprised to know that the majority of the players this year are from DB with only two from The Hill and none from THS. We even have a kid from Johnson County and one from Avery Co.

Cap, have you considered South's big man Logan Blair. I think he might be interested in playing some with your team. He is playing on Mondays and Thursdays in the 3 on 3 league at Volunteer with some kids from Central's team , but that only lasts a month. He is a nice kid and loves the game..........

Cap, have you considered South's big man Logan Blair. I think he might be interested in playing some with your team. He is playing on Mondays and Thursdays in the 3 on 3 league at Volunteer with some kids from Central's team , but that only lasts a month. He is a nice kid and loves the game..........

Email me and I will give you my contact info. If Logan is interested, we can make arrangements for him to come and workout with the team at practice on Wednesday.

cap1net@yahoo.com

• 2 months later...