Best High School for Playing in College

bratman

Pharqis, what high school produces the most college players? I was back in TN for Easter and saw where another Anderson County High School player had signed to play in college. (Dew?)

My daughter graduates from college this year, and according to her old program Anderson County and Norris High (It became Anderson County in 83') have had volleyball since 77/78. During the last 30 years 50 players have attended college on a volleyball scholarships to the following schools:

Univ of Tenn

ETSU

Campbell

Austin Peay

Univ of Alabama

Tenn Tech

Univ of Tenn at Chatt

Rhodes

King College

Maryville College

Bryan

Berry College

Union

Univ of the Cumberlands

Lincoln Memorial University

Eastern Kentucky University

Converse

Trinity Christian

Luther

Emory and Henry

Lee

Tusculum

Milligan

and several others

When my daughter played over 60% of the athletes that ever played at ACHS paid for college with a volleyball scholarship. She was recruited because she had played for AC and her coach knew she was ready for college because of the training she had in high school. The vast majority of these girls never played club, nor was there a middle school program. Can any other program come close?

Also, I think AC has produced the most number of coaches with 19 or 20.

I know that you seem to be the leading authority on TN volleyball, or are at least its best ambassador, what are your thoughts? Has any other school produced 20?

It seems that many of the schools are up for a couple of years when they have a great player or 2 come through, or are supported by a great club feeder. AC seems to produce great players each year.

Brat, authority no, Ambassador among others, yes. I have read some of your stats before and Anderson county is indeed impressive. Yes I'm familiar with the Norris area. Used to be familiar with the Comp;any that manufactured special fitted bullet proof vests for law enforcement officers and for that matter other people also. Norris is rustic and a good town.

I know of no other HS that has the record of AC nor the number of different schools their students have gone to nor the number of different coaches they may have had. AC is now, I believe, going thru another coaching change and we expect them to not miss a beat.

I don't know where you are but Tennessee misses the Bratman and I'm sure the Pageman will post you a "hello when he gets back on this site. Appreciate the information.

• 3 weeks later...

Tally up another for AC!!! If I am not mistaken AC vollyball has another athleate going to the next level. Sain (who played with Dew all through her HS career) commited to Austin Peay recently. I congrautlate Sain and wish she can fill our expections at the next level. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessee misses the Bratman and I'm sure the Pageman will post you a "hello when he gets back on this site.

Hello, bratman. Got to go to Food Lion as they have Johnsonville brats on sale. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I have always enjoyed your posts in the past and you sure should be proud of the number of AC players who have continued their volleyball careers to a higher level.

I always do what PHargis tells me to do.

Hello, bratman. Got to go to Food Lion as they have Johnsonville brats on sale. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I have always enjoyed your posts in the past and you sure should be proud of the number of AC players who have continued their volleyball careers to a higher level.

I always do what PHargis tells me to do.

Glad to see you posting again, MR. Pageman. Hope your health is good and hope to see you late this summer and into the fall.

Thanks for your concern, MR. 5-Sport Dad. I am getting by as best I can. I hope you are doing well. It will interesting to see how the Arnold twins do at Cumberland University this fall as I believe they have decided to play there in the coming season. I will try to attend some of the summer camps that Page is involved in and hope to see you during the season as well.

Announcements