Bearden/Farragut

Batdog

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is copeland havent heard about him? why isnt he been in the talks about top pitchers in knoxville if he just outpictched pfeifer??

The Copeland kid has been around for a few years. Had some kind of surgery as a freshman or sophmore. Apparently just now getting back to form. According to KNS, he is 6-0 and Potter is 6-1 for Bearden. Seems to be a good lefty (Copeland), righty (Potter) combination.

The Copeland kid has been around for a few years. Had some kind of surgery as a freshman or sophmore. Apparently just now getting back to form. According to KNS, he is 6-0 and Potter is 6-1 for Bearden. Seems to be a good lefty (Copeland), righty (Potter) combination.

that is a pretty good combination that district i think might end up producing 2 state tourney teams the region championship game should be a good game because it will determine who goes on the road for substate most likely up to science hill this year... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

that is a pretty good combination that district i think might end up producing 2 state tourney teams the region championship game should be a good game because it will determine who goes on the road for substate most likely up to science hill this year... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The FHS is probably as deep as any in the atate. Pfeifer, Cooper, Thorson, Williams are all quality starters

seems like a typical Farragut loss the last few years with a few exceptions.. Farragut gives up a couple hits, but somehow can't do anything offensively... I don't get it. That's the same thing that happened in '07 when they lost to LC, only gave up like 3 hits, but 1 was a 2 run hr.. haha. what can you do? Great pitching, but still getting a loss...

IMO I don't think Copeland "outpitched" Pfeifer... Let's compare.

2 hits, 11 strikeouts, 4 walks.

4 hits, 3 strikeouts, 6 walks, and a hit batter.

which one was the better pitcher?

If you read the article, Bearden won because of good defensive plays, not pitching.

seems like a typical Farragut loss the last few years with a few exceptions.. Farragut gives up a couple hits, but somehow can't do anything offensively... I don't get it. That's the same thing that happened in '07 when they lost to LC, only gave up like 3 hits, but 1 was a 2 run hr.. haha. what can you do? Great pitching, but still getting a loss...

IMO I don't think Copeland "outpitched" Pfeifer... Let's compare.

2 hits, 11 strikeouts, 4 walks.

4 hits, 3 strikeouts, 6 walks, and a hit batter.

which one was the better pitcher?

If you read the article, Bearden was because of good defensive plays, not pitching.

Friendzzz... you bring up a couple good points.... how can FHS tank offensively on ocassion and explode in others? and reading the article, it sounded like Bearden made great plays in the infied and outfield.

The problem lies in the 10 combined walks + a HBP. Walks haunt ANY pitcher at any level.

I dont understand your point. Why do combined walks hurt FHS offensively? Pfeifer only walked 4, right? and if they only scored on homeruns, he stranded them all. Help me understand what you are trying to say