new boys coach at CAK

winnersrus

I hope LC can bring in a good coach, but it will be hard for a seasoned coach to go there unless he has ties already in place. LC doesn't pay all that well, and there isn't the best foundation for basketball past next year. They need to bring in someone that knows these kids, and that will be there for a while.

I previously said Coach Stewart b/c he works harder then anyone I have seen and the players want to play for him. He also is a class act like Wells.

The other assistant Kirkland who coaches freshman would probably not be the best fit do the fact he gets a little overwelmed which leads to him getting a lot of technicals. He would probably not have the character factor that Wells brings, but I have been proven wrong before.

Also, a good candidate would be Coach Windell (Not sure if thats spelled right) but he probably burned too many bridges when he left LC.

Coach Wendel at Seymour is a good coach but I think he will stay put. With the new alignment he doesn't have to play AE, Fulton, etc.... Seymour will definately benefit from the new alignment.

Also I saw the LC freshmen play a couple times, they had a pretty good group of kids. One of the games I saw Kirkland get 3 technicals in about a 2 minutes span in the 4th Q. and was ejected. Sounds like Coach Stewart is a good coach and is a great canidate for the Head Coaching job.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Wendel at Seymour is a good coach but I think he will stay put. With the new alignment he doesn't have to play AE, Fulton, etc.... Seymour will definately benefit from the new alignment.

Also I saw the LC freshmen play a couple times, they had a pretty good group of kids. One of the games I saw Kirkland get 3 technicals in about a 2 minutes span in the 4th Q. and was ejected. Sounds like Coach Stewart is a good coach and is a great canidate for the Head Coaching job.

I was also at the game you are talking about where Kirkland got 3 technicals. From my vantage point, he deserved the first one, but the second one he got while talking to his team in the huddle. Not sure what was said, but knowing the guy, I doubt seriously that it deserved a second T. The third one was while he was on his way to the locker room and I saw the ref say something to Coach Kirkland prior to giving him the 3rd one. Not sure if that one game is a good measuring stick to evaluate him.

I was also at the game you are talking about where Kirkland got 3 technicals. From my vantage point, he deserved the first one, but the second one he got while talking to his team in the huddle. Not sure what was said, but knowing the guy, I doubt seriously that it deserved a second T. The third one was while he was on his way to the locker room and I saw the ref say something to Coach Kirkland prior to giving him the 3rd one. Not sure if that one game is a good measuring stick to evaluate him.

True, one game is not a good measuring stick but I was just agreeing with what Dyron Nix said about him being overwhelming and getting technicals. I only saw a couple games and that was one of them.... Also a close game in the 4th Q, not a good time to test the waters with the refs but it was just a freshmen game.

True, one game is not a good measuring stick but I was just agreeing with what Dyron Nix said about him being overwhelming and getting technicals. I only saw a couple games and that was one of them.... Also a close game in the 4th Q, not a good time to test the waters with the refs but it was just a freshmen game.

That is true, but in a varsity setting, he probably never gets the first one, let alone the other 2. Young coach who made a mistake. I bet he has learned from that mistake and never makes it again.

I hope LC can bring in a good coach, but it will be hard for a seasoned coach to go there unless he has ties already in place. LC doesn't pay all that well, and there isn't the best foundation for basketball past next year. They need to bring in someone that knows these kids, and that will be there for a while.

I previously said Coach Stewart b/c he works harder then anyone I have seen and the players want to play for him. He also is a class act like Wells.

The other assistant Kirkland who coaches freshman would probably not be the best fit do the fact he gets a little overwelmed which leads to him getting a lot of technicals. He would probably not have the character factor that Wells brings, but I have been proven wrong before.

Also, a good candidate would be Coach Windell (Not sure if thats spelled right) but he probably burned too many bridges when he left LC.

Coach Stewart would be a good candidate but I have been around Coach Kirkland quite a bit and he has character. He also has an extremely competitive side. You also have to remember that his technicals were in freshman games. I have seen a lot more animation in varsity games and the coach not even get a warning. I think it is good that a coach backs his players like Coach Kirkland. I have talked to some of the boys and most of them loved playing for him. He may get a little wound up from time to time, but I think he would make a good coach both on the court and off.

At Lenoir City he took over a disasterous set of circumstances left by the previous coach and had tremendous success.

Please tell us all what the disasterous set of circumstances that the previous coach left. I would like to see that list when it pertains to the former coach.

I thought you were done wrong!!! I guess you stepped on to many parents toes, Coach.

Coach Stewart would be a good candidate but I have been around Coach Kirkland quite a bit and he has character. He also has an extremely competitive side. You also have to remember that his technicals were in freshman games. I have seen a lot more animation in varsity games and the coach not even get a warning. I think it is good that a coach backs his players like Coach Kirkland. I have talked to some of the boys and most of them loved playing for him. He may get a little wound up from time to time, but I think he would make a good coach both on the court and off.

Silly question since I know neither of these guys but would you logically promote the freshman coach over the JV coach?

If they want a young energetic coach to replace Coach Wells look no further than the young man from Gatlinburg Pittman Raul Placeres or Micah Marsh from Alcoa. Both of these coaches have done good jobs at their schools and played the game at the college level. Wendell will stay at Seymour due to the fact he will not face AE or Fulton anymore. Has good chance to compete in new district.

If they want a young energetic coach to replace Coach Wells look no further than the young man from Gatlinburg Pittman Raul Placeres or Micah Marsh from Alcoa. Both of these coaches have done good jobs at their schools and played the game at the college level. Wendell will stay at Seymour due to the fact he will not face AE or Fulton anymore. Has good chance to compete in new district.

Why would Micah Marsh even think about leaving Alcoa? I think he went to school there and he just got moved districts away from AE and Fulton.

Don't think either would have any interest in moving to LC. Placeres is in Administration with Sevier County School system and lives up there. Micah has built an outstanding program at Alcoa, played there and Alcoa has one of the highest paying systems in the state (and can now avoid AE and Fulton in a district).

I doubt either coach would leave for LC. Besides, Sevier and Blount Co. pay way better than LC. Coach Stewart would make a great coach and the only logical choice aat this point.