WEEK 8 MATCHES

akula21

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly didn't know how tonight was going to go. With Doug Liedle and Philip Chesney (2 of our 3 captains) out this week, I wasn't sure how the support players would react.

Early right off the bat, Farragut passed a ball back to their keeper, who took a while to get it off his foot. Ben Holt pressured, and deflected the keepers clear into the goal. Farragut got their goal in the first half off of a free kick. Our defensive wall parted like the Red Sea, and it went in the net.

We were awarded a PK off of a hand ball that I didn't see. Farragut's keeper saved it. Nice job, by the way!

We scored in the second half off of a corner. Ball was hit far post and we put it back near post to Ben Holt who tucked it away.

Farragut had some good looks at goal after that, but I think our keeper played pretty solid. Their throw ins are almost as deadly as Wests, and their corners worked very well, too.

By my shot count (which as Ned says may be different) Farragut outshot us 10-7.

Thanks again to Farragut for being gracious and classy hosts. Good luck in the post season.

Yes. Congratulations to CAK on a tremendous win. Anyone have a game report?

Well played match, CAK really stepped it up. Three goals, two decent ones and a mistake. Akula mentioned in an earlier post on how Farragut seemed to be the first to the ball and winning the 50-50??™s in their match on Tuesday (or something to that affect), but tonight, it was CAK who was taking it to them. Mistake early when Stinton played a long bouncing ball back to Shea who settled to kick it away, but CAK player applying pressure closed gap quickly and ball ricocheted into net. Farragut goal came off a nice set piece direct kick (Ishmael) from about 22 yrds out. 1-1 at half. Second half CAK converted on corner, header pass to about 8 yrds out and a sweet one touch to the back of net. CAK was also awarded a hand ball in box PK, but Shea guessed correctly and made great save. I don??™t remember if that was at 1-1 or at 2-1. Farragut continued to pressure, but couldn??™t convert. Several long throws, corners, but CAK consistently packed all 11 in the box and able to thwart any attack. Last 10 minutes, all attacks were cleared away forcing Farragut to regroup and push through again. Finally able to get one in off a long throw (I don??™t think it was a corner), but goal called back as CAK??™s goalie was obstructed. Last game of regular season for Farragut, Webb game Friday night was cancelled, and they are looking forward to the 2nd season. Hopefully this game will motivate them to push harder. Good luck to CAK, am pretty confident they will show well if tonight was any indication.