Gallatin vs Riverdale scrimmage

GWAVE1

Since there has been some early talk about this scrimmage I figured I would start a thread dedicated to this early matchup. I read where Riverdale returns a lot on the offensive side of the ball but has a few questions on the defensive side. Gallatin returns several in the backfield but has a new offensive line but has several returning to the defensive side. Not sure if Gallatin could be called stronger on either side but several key players return. At Qb Matthews returns with a full year under his belt. Perry could play some at receiver or runningback but most definitely will be a starter at one of the corners. Burns and Fields both return at linebacker and could see playing time at runningback. Slagle is back at linebacker and possibly fullback. McKoin is back at tightend and maybe defensive end. Banks also returns at tightend and defensive end. Baxter could play some at runningback or linebacker. Slayton has experience in the o-line, d-line and fullback. Several others have got some significant playing time as well. Not sure who is playing baseball and soccer.

If Lassiter is true to form, then expect the younger players to be seperated from the more experienced players in the spring.

Stopping the wing-t is tricky even with a full week to prepare. I would expect for Gallatin to concentrate more on what they do then preparing for Riverdale. Gallatin has been running the spread-option. On defense it could be the 4-3 or 3-3 stack. We have a new defensive coor. so who knows. What about some info on Riverdale.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how R'dale's pass defense looks. Especially as they almost never see a pass both in practice or games for that matter. Gallatin has always had a good passing game even in the years they were run happy.

As the game is now at 6 instead of 4 is it going to be played on the regular field instead of the practice field?

I understand that Riverdale's new DC will run the 3-3-5.

If I'm not mistaken, Riverdale will have eight guys that started at least a game or two returning on offense. The QB returns from last year along with one of the wing backs. There will be five guys up from that either started or got meaningful playing time last year. It should be an experienced group. Same goes for the TE's and WR's. The offense wasn't that productive last year, primarily due to turnovers and inconsistency. It will be very interesting to see how they have matured. The OL will probably average around 270-280.

Riverdale's offense led the region in scoring and yards gained last season.

I understand that Riverdale's new DC will run the 3-3-5.

If I'm not mistaken, Riverdale will have eight guys that started at least a game or two returning on offense. The QB returns from last year along with one of the wing backs. There will be five guys up from that either started or got meaningful playing time last year. It should be an experienced group. Same goes for the TE's and WR's. The offense wasn't that productive last year, primarily due to turnovers and inconsistency. It will be very interesting to see how they have matured. The OL will probably average around 270-280.

Thanks LOD...Back to 2009.

Defensively, Riverdale is in a rebuidling mode...even with quite a few experienced players returning. We have a new DC that can probably pull a pretty good defense together from the talent on hand. The big question will be the DL, where no starters return. There are a couple guys that may have started a game or two on the DL. There are more returners and more experienced players available at LB and in the defensive backfield.

Last year's defense never developed any chemistry but I think there are enough players to be much better on that side of tha ball. Not sure they can get there by Friday though.

It will be a very interesting scrimmage and I think it's great we're scrimmaging a team picked to finish near the top of their region. kudos to both staffs for making this happen. I did notice that Riverdale will be visiting Gallatin for a scrimmage in August.

It is great to be back on here talking Gallatin Football! I am looking forward to visiting Riverdale for the first time in a long time to see these two teams square off even if it is just for a spring scrimmage. Should be a dang good one.

As for the start time and location (practice field or stadium) of the scrimmage? Any more info? Gallatinfootball.com says that the scrimmage is at 5pm but it has been awhile since it was updated so I'm not sure if that is accurate or not???

It is great to be back on here talking Gallatin Football! I am looking forward to visiting Riverdale for the first time in a long time to see these two teams square off even if it is just for a spring scrimmage. Should be a dang good one.

As for the start time and location (practice field or stadium) of the scrimmage? Any more info? Gallatinfootball.com says that the scrimmage is at 5pm but it has been awhile since it was updated so I'm not sure if that is accurate or not???

It is at 6:00 PM, updated on the Riverdale website now. Should be at the stadium if concessions are going to be available.

Yes, it is good to be talking football.