the toughest district in the state

easttnfan2010

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 7-AAA has had 3 different teams at state in the past 3 years (Blackman, Cookeville, and Riverdale). Although I could be incorrect, I don't think any other district in the state can make that claim.

You don't think so....try this one on for size Bearden and Farragut are in the same district and have won 5 of the last 7 State Championships. IN addition everyyear has at least 3 teams Bearden Farragut and Maryville ranked in the top 10 in the state including this year....so yes, another district can make a bigger claim

I would have to agree with 11AAA this year.

I would think you would notice that Bearden , Farragut and Maryville teams in the one district are ranked higher in everyones polls than the 11AAA teams, but guess what only2 max from any district can show up at states...and then we can see .....but intermix these teams in a quasi district and lots of surprises could come out.... It's almost tourney time!!

Let's not forget about Knox Catholic who is 3rd in A/AA and won the state championship last year. Also, Knox West is also very strong among the Knoxville teams. Afterall, weren't they a final 4 team last year?

Either way, these new districts are going to cause some frustration. I think everybody wants to say their district is the toughest. And, who knows, in a few years it could be. I think all we are trying to say with this district, is that in recent past, these teams have proven to be conisistently ranked with up there with the best teams in the state. Until last year, didn't Farragut and Bearden have the state crown for like 7 consecutive years?

All in good fun, of course.

Until last year, didn't Farragut and Bearden have the state crown for like 7 consecutive years?

According to TSSAA here are the teams with the most state championships in soccer.

Between Farragut, CAK and Bearden, they have 12 championships. Very impressive stat for Knoxville.

I overlooked Knox Catholic, which makes 13.

Christian Brothers 6

Houston 5

Christian Academy of Knoxville 5

Farragut 4

Baylor 3

Father Ryan 3

Brentwood 3

Bearden 3

Ridgeway 2

Hendersonville 2

Notre Dame 2

Christ Presbyterian Academy 1