Oak Ridge Job

HOOPSGURU

I don't think Jody actually interviewed last time around. He would be a great choice, but he has a lot to lose with years of service, etc.

I am not quite sure I understand your statement. What does he "have a lot to lose"? Changing from system to system doesn't lose your state retirement. Actually, he would get a pay increase going from Knox to OR school system. It would boost his retirement pay which is based off the last 5 years of service. So there is an excellent reason to be interested.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time around I spoke with him and he told me he would lose too much. I did not get into the particulars with him but this is what he shared with me. I for one think if OR could get Jody, then the search should be over quick! I do not know the retirement,tenure,etc or do I care to. This was just an FYI!

David Scott would be an excellent choice as would Jody Wright. It is obvious that Jody has a better track record at Fulton than David who has been Jill's assistant for the past several years. Both know the game and how to handle the kids. Jody is now in administration at Fulton and would probably have to teach at OR. Might or might not be a cut in pay. Admin vs. teaching, who knows. Aaron Green, imo, would be down the list. If you have ever watched him when he was coaching @ Cleveland, he was a walking time bomb. He can get out of control. Interesting that he would leave Cleveland to be a Grad assiistant @ TN and then start interviewing for HS jobs. I would have thougth that the next step would be a college assistant's job someplace. It may be that he does not wish to leave Knoxpatch area. Just a few thoughts and opinions. Maybe even open up a can of worms.

Todd Wright Oak-Ridge player has history with OR. Great Coach won everywhere he has been. Won @ OS Won @ Roane State Won @ Maryville College. And he has applied for the job. He also has Coached Boys AAU in summers and I certainly think if you can Coach Girls you can Coach Boys. I just can t believe you would bring in an outsider when you have Coach Wright right their ready to go. He also has already been an assistant at OR for Boys. Hire A. Green he will be gone first time he gets the chance to be a College Coach. He has been promised a job at UT with Pearl as soon as a paid Assistant moves on.

David Scott would be an excellent choice as would Jody Wright. It is obvious that Jody has a better track record at Fulton than David who has been Jill's assistant for the past several years. Both know the game and how to handle the kids. Jody is now in administration at Fulton and would probably have to teach at OR. Might or might not be a cut in pay. Admin vs. teaching, who knows. Aaron Green, imo, would be down the list. If you have ever watched him when he was coaching @ Cleveland, he was a walking time bomb. He can get out of control. Interesting that he would leave Cleveland to be a Grad assiistant @ TN and then start interviewing for HS jobs. I would have thougth that the next step would be a college assistant's job someplace. It may be that he does not wish to leave Knoxpatch area. Just a few thoughts and opinions. Maybe even open up a can of worms.

O21,

Have we agreed on two points in a row? I think David would be a good choice, if Jody Wright is not available. Jody is the BEST High School coach in this area by far, not even close! David Scott knows the kids and the ins and outs of OR and the "Political" pitfalls. Couldn't go wrong with either!!

What is Zack doing now?

He is going with Ricky to Webb to be his assistant and coach the JV. Doing some fundraising work, but I think the coaching bug has bit him! I have always been a pretty realistic parent when it comes to my kids abilities, but Zach will do a very good job coaching. Thanks for asking!

Todd Wright Oak-Ridge player has history with OR. Great Coach won everywhere he has been. Won @ OS Won @ Roane State Won @ Maryville College. And he has applied for the job. He also has Coached Boys AAU in summers and I certainly think if you can Coach Girls you can Coach Boys. I just can t believe you would bring in an outsider when you have Coach Wright right their ready to go. He also has already been an assistant at OR for Boys. Hire A. Green he will be gone first time he gets the chance to be a College Coach. He has been promised a job at UT with Pearl as soon as a paid Assistant moves on.

I totally disagree! Coaching the girls at Oliver Springs, Roane State, and Maryville is TOTALLY different than coaching the male athletes at Oak Ridge. I believe that coaching girls is a different world. Plus, the only head coaching experience he has at the high school level is Oliver Springs Girls.....I wouldn't make the hire!

If Aaron Green is interested in the job you would be crazy not to hire him. From what I understand he has two kids now, and is wanting to get back into high school coaching if the right situation comes available. The college lifestyle is not the right situation for his family. It should tell you something about Green if Pearl is wanting to keep him on his staff. I have been told that Pearl has created a spot on the staff for Green this next year. So to say Green would leave OR as soon as a paid assistant moves on doesn't make sense considering he has a chance to stay on staff now. Green was successful at Cleveland (similar demographics to Oak Ridge), and has two years experience under one of the elite coaches in college basketball. Not to mention, the success he had as a high school and collegiate player. Its a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

I totally disagree! Coaching the girls at Oliver Springs, Roane State, and Maryville is TOTALLY different than coaching the male athletes at Oak Ridge. I believe that coaching girls is a different world. Plus, the only head coaching experience he has at the high school level is Oliver Springs Girls.....I wouldn't make the hire!

If Aaron Green is interested in the job you would be crazy not to hire him. From what I understand he has two kids now, and is wanting to get back into high school coaching if the right situation comes available. The college lifestyle is not the right situation for his family. It should tell you something about Green if Pearl is wanting to keep him on his staff. I have been told that Pearl has created a spot on the staff for Green this next year. So to say Green would leave OR as soon as a paid assistant moves on doesn't make sense considering he has a chance to stay on staff now. Green was successful at Cleveland (similar demographics to Oak Ridge), and has two years experience under one of the elite coaches in college basketball. Not to mention, the success he had as a high school and collegiate player. Its a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

The position that Pearl was/is creating would pay much less than the job at OR. AG was going to Boston University with Tony Jones until that job fell through. I agree Aaron would be successful at OR if hired.

I would disagree that coaching girls is a different world. Coaching is coaching and a successful h.s. and college coach would have all the attributes needed to be effective as a coach no matter hs or college, boys or girls! You're telling me his college body of work at Roane State and Maryville College isn't as important as a little more h.s. experience. Don't know Wright just speaking of a successful coach in general.

Can't argue with Jody Wright....never heard of David Scott. You can say what you want about Aaron Green but his track record and success as a player and coach speak for itself. He is a proven winner and quality person!!!