Oak Ridge Job

HOOPSGURU

Again you still dodge the question. Who is the prefect coach for OR.

Obviously you don't quite understand my post or are LD in reading because I have said OR will not select Stewart. I know Stewart and he is not expecting a call, he didn't have anything to do with putting his name out there. It was another guy that we know just trying to support a buddy. You are the one that is trying to make a guy look bad that didn't ask for any of this.

On an actual positive note. Oak Ridge had 2 future and 1 current players make the top 15 in the 14 and under State Championships. They were Kaseem (Pyro), Rashad (Rhynos), and Rian (Pyro). Their 4th comrad Zach Stewart was left out of the top 25, but had an unbelievable last 2 games. He is a 6'2 14 year old that hasn't even started to hit puberty yet. A lot of people will recognize him from his 6'7 Dad who player pro football, and his brother who was a standout in HS. The next coach better keep them there. Rumors have been out about Rian visiting CHS.

They blocked the link, but you can goto tnpreps to see the top 25.

Good Luck with that post. OR has had a lot of "potential" stars at that age! Let me know when they hire a boys club coach who has had great relationships with those players! Wow, I hope they don't mess it up and sign with an agent! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wright is a very good coach. More than likely would do a good/great job at OR.

I have heard otherwise as far as leaving on good terms.

Didn't Oak Ridge go to the State about the same time? How was he "promised" a trip with OS?

I told him we were a lock to go to the state tournament. That was how he was promised.

I'm sure he's doing a great job at GP, but does not enough experience/success to handle the Oak Ridge job.

No disrespect to the people of OR...but the last time I checked you all haven't done enough lately to be so arrogant about who you hire as the next coach. I keep hearing all this stuff about experience and success, but remember when OR hired Coach Norris he had been a struggling head coach at single A Harriman and a former assistant at OR. That's not exactly the longest resume in the world. Be careful or you will scare off some good, young coaches that might be interested.

No disrespect to the people of OR...but the last time I checked you all haven't done enough lately to be so arrogant about who you hire as the next coach. I keep hearing all this stuff about experience and success, but remember when OR hired Coach Norris he had been a struggling head coach at single A Harriman and a former assistant at OR. That's not exactly the longest resume in the world. Be careful or you will scare off some good, young coaches that might be interested.

Point well taken! I don't care who they hire, it's just some of the reasoning why they should hire this guy vs that guy that is crazy. It's kind of like recruiting, you recruit on potential. OR has potentially a good athletic base, so this is a good opportunity for a well established coach. I am not saying a good young coach couldn't do the job, but I doubt they will get the chance! The OR job is a high profile job even if the past few years have not produced big "Wins". High School jobs are a lot about having the talent pool to do well. You can be a great coach and not have much to work with and never get the opportunities you deserve, that's why it's all about potential. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s)*%.

A couple of trips to the state tournament in the last 4 years and a substate run last year. Is that not enough? Combine that with the fact the job comes with a relatively high salary compared to other schools and the best facilities in the area and I would say that Oak Ridge should absolutely be selective or "arrogant". The difference between this time and the last hiring is that last time Coach Norris had an obvious strong tie with Oak Ridge and Chuck Carringer because he was an assistant under him and Carringer became the AD. No such situation exists currently.

A couple of trips to the state tournament in the last 4 years and a substate run last year. Is that not enough? Combine that with the fact the job comes with a relatively high salary compared to other schools and the best facilities in the area and I would say that Oak Ridge should absolutely be selective or "arrogant". The difference between this time and the last hiring is that last time Coach Norris had an obvious strong tie with Oak Ridge and Chuck Carringer because he was an assistant under him and Carringer became the AD. No such situation exists currently.

There has always been an arrogance about OR, but they have earned that in nearly every sport until the past few years. Basketball, not being one of those, has always been competitive and will be able to make sub-state runs and trips to the Boro regularly. Lets face it, the road to the Boro is not to difficult around these parts, and all you have to do is get lucky and upset DB or Science Hill and you will be there. With that said OR is obviously a great place to coach, and their pay scale has great appeal. I also agree with you the facilities are immaculate, I just wish they would of kept the old gym on the hill for practice and things. I used to love playing up there.

I have heard they have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 candidates. So we should be finding out real soon.