Macon County Tigers

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes MACON got thumped. hopefully things will change but for now it looks like another long season. Why have we got parents helping coach. This should not be going on. IT'S A LONG TIME between now and the first game, maybe things will change but I want to think postive. BY the way smack the score was 3 to 1

Who did the Tigers play yesterday ?

I thought the scrimmage went a little better for Macon than Goldenrod, not saying that I know more than golden, but here is my input. Coach Goolsby has had basically 8 days of practice time to put in a new and very complicated offense. It takes a while with the Tony Franklin system. Our boys have been running it here at Watertown for about three years. Macon started off really slow but once the QBs settled down a little things improved. I seen boys playing their back sides off and watched them get better on the offensive side as the scrimmage went on. People are going to have to be patient, but they will improve greatly before the season starts. There were some great catches made by some of the Macon recievers last night as well. As far as the score, we actually only scored 2 TDs when the starters were on the field and Macon actually scored first. Our third TD came with the 2nd teams in. As far as parents helping Coach, the only parents I seen on the field were helping spot the football. I did not see any helping coach ( but I could have missed it standing on the sidelines for part of the scrimmage ). My hats off to Goolsby, I thought his boys seemed to be motivated and they played with lots of Heart. I also think he has done a great job getting this offense in as well as he has in the amount of time he has been there.

I was also impressed with the sportsmanship the boys from Macon showed last night. Very classy group of guys. Good luck Macon, believe in yourself, your team, and your Coaches and you will see great things happen over the next few years.

I thought the scrimmage went a little better for Macon than Goldenrod, not saying that I know more than golden, but here is my input. Coach Goolsby has had basically 8 days of practice time to put in a new and very complicated offense. It takes a while with the Tony Franklin system. Our boys have been running it here at Watertown for about three years. Macon started off really slow but once the QBs settled down a little things improved. I seen boys playing their back sides off and watched them get better on the offensive side as the scrimmage went on. People are going to have to be patient, but they will improve greatly before the season starts. There were some great catches made by some of the Macon recievers last night as well. As far as the score, we actually only scored 2 TDs when the starters were on the field and Macon actually scored first. Our third TD came with the 2nd teams in. As far as parents helping Coach, the only parents I seen on the field were helping spot the football. I did not see any helping coach ( but I could have missed it standing on the sidelines for part of the scrimmage ). My hats off to Goolsby, I thought his boys seemed to be motivated and they played with lots of Heart. I also think he has done a great job getting this offense in as well as he has in the amount of time he has been there.

I was also impressed with the sportsmanship the boys from Macon showed last night. Very classy group of guys. Good luck Macon, believe in yourself, your team, and your Coaches and you will see great things happen over the next few years.

Im not saying it was that bad. your taking me wrong and you have a good attitude, but this was a single A school. mACON HAS SOME TOUGH SCHOOLS AHEAD. A bunch of them should be better than watertown. Now you get the picture.

Im not saying it was that bad. your taking me wrong and you have a good attitude, but this was a single A school. mACON HAS SOME TOUGH SCHOOLS AHEAD. A bunch of them should be better than watertown. Now you get the picture.

I have to agree with Goldenrod on this one. I do not see any of the teams that we play this year being as weak as Watertown. With that being said I felt like the D looked decent compared to the O. I am afraid that it could be a long year as well. Hopefully we will look better today against Gordonsville. Was there an altercation after the game with the coach? I heard there was but I did not see it while I was there and I stayed around for a little while afterwards.

wasn't your name originally 1buck2 or something along that line? did you get fedhup with it or was your anonymity lost?

today i'm running a sale, all karate chops are half off!!!!!!!!!!! get one for the mrs., the kids or even your mother-in-law!!! come on down and see me at snoballs karate chop emporium, every karate chop must go, AAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a clue about buck2 something or other. You don't have a clue who I am!! You just keep yappin and choppin.

I think you misunderstood me as well. I did not mean to make it sound like I thought you were bashing or anything, I just thought I seen a few more positives is all. By the way, Watertown will be 2-A this fall, I know we are no where near the level of some of the teams you will be playing, but you all will be much better in the fall than you are now if everyone will continue working hard. Good luck Macon.

How did the scrimage come out against Gordonsville?

This is a quote from the Gordonsville thread.

QUOTE (croz6110 @ May 8 2009 - 11:03 PM)

"Gordonsville topped Macon Co. 3-1 in a scrimmage today.

There next scrimmage is against Eagleville on Wednesday, I believe."

Even though Gordonsville did come out on top, I thought that we looked somewhat better than our outing with Watertown. Still questioning the offense, but the defense looked pretty solid. Even at that though, this still is not even close to the level of competition that we play week in and week out during the season. I am concerned about our Tiger.