2009 Cookeville Cavaliers

oldbones

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cookeville will dominant their district. Joslin has a really good thing going up there. I am not sure who they play outside of region play but they will be very competitive with whoever it is.

Cookeville has never " Dominated" anything....Why do you think they will now? Don't get me wrong, I like Cookeville, but I don't understand why all of a sudden they're going to dominate the District. They've always been competitive with Coffee County, and Warren County is much improved. Cumberland County should be 3A or 4A, and Sparta has been down, but always gets up for Cookeville. They MAY be the best team in the District this year, but I think we need to play the games first, before we give them the Crown.

Cookeville has never " Dominated" anything....Why do you think they will now? Don't get me wrong, I like Cookeville, but I don't understand why all of a sudden they're going to dominate the District. They've always been competitive with Coffee County, and Warren County is much improved. Cumberland County should be 3A or 4A, and Sparta has been down, but always gets up for Cookeville. They MAY be the best team in the District this year, but I think we need to play the games first, before we give them the Crown.

Since Joslin has been the head coach, look at the record against those schools in head to head. Cookeville has been and will be dominant. Face it the competition is weak. Everybody in the state knows it.

Since Joslin has been the head coach, look at the record against those schools in head to head. Cookeville has been and will be dominant. Face it the competition is weak. Everybody in the state knows it.

Only weaker Region/District is in West Tn. Unless Warren and Cumberland Counties have imported new players and staffs they will not show folks much. Even as down as R'dale was last year they could have swept that Region/District with the exception of Cookeville. If they had played last year Cookeville would have had their chance to beat them. This year is an unknown though.

They will now be in district 6 which will be Cookeville, Cumberland County, Warren County, Coffee County, and White County.

Cookeville should win the district hands down with only Warren County giving them any competition. Coffee will finish third while White and Cumberland fight it out for last place. Joslin will get his team back to the second round of the playoffs before they lose.

I know their record against Coffee County, apparently you don't. Cookeville and Jerry Joslin always know they have their hands full with CC. Warren County will suprise some people this year. Is there anyone who is actually from Cookeville who wants to comment on this thread?