2009 Cookeville Cavaliers

oldbones

Only weaker Region/District is in West Tn. Unless Warren and Cumberland Counties have imported new players and staffs they will not show folks much. Even as down as R'dale was last year they could have swept that Region/District with the exception of Cookeville. If they had played last year Cookeville would have had their chance to beat them. This year is an unknown though.

LOD, Warren County should be better this year. Cumberland County is playing over their head. They should be 3A or 4A. I hate the new alignment, but don't underestimate Coffee County. We beat Cookeville about as often as they beat us. I think they're one game up on the series after last year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know their record against Coffee County, apparently you don't. Cookeville and Jerry Joslin always know they have their hands full with CC. Warren County will suprise some people this year. Is there anyone who is actually from Cookeville who wants to comment on this thread?

Joslin is 6-4 vs Coffee Co. 4-1 in the last 5 years. Don't call me out again.

Joslin is 6-4 vs Coffee Co. 4-1 in the last 5 years. Don't call me out again.

OOOOOOh! I'm sorry I didn't know you were special. Over-all record is 7-6 Cookeville. Joslin is a good Coach, he's also got one of the biggest schools in the state to pull from.

Cookeville should win the district hands down with only Warren County giving them any competition. Coffee will finish third while White and Cumberland fight it out for last place. Joslin will get his team back to the second round of the playoffs before they lose.

Good point about Warren County, they beat Cookeville last year.

Cumberland County did import a new staff and it shows. They had two very competetive spring scrimages against south doyle and heritage which if I am not mistaken they beat Heritage and lost to south doyle 1-0. Not exactly toilet performances. Dont forget that though only1-9 last year they gave coffee and warren county tough games.

I know their record against Coffee County, apparently you don't. Cookeville and Jerry Joslin always know they have their hands full with CC. Warren County will suprise some people this year. Is there anyone who is actually from Cookeville who wants to comment on this thread?

Over the past 5 seasons, Cookeville has won 4 out of the last 5 games against Coffee Co. Their overall record is 43-17 with a 72% winning percentage. They have made it too the 2nd and 3rd round of the state playoffs 4 seasons and lost the games to the eventual state champs 3 times ( Oakland, Smyrna and Riverdale ).

Who did Cookville scrimmage this spring and how did they do?

We only had an inter-squad scrimmage. Both sides looked ok but it's was hard to get a good look since many players were playing other spring sports and did not participate (including our returning QB who is a very solid player). Also several players had to play outside their normal postitions in order to balance out the two squads. Joslin runs a good program, I think he'll pull it all together in the fall and we should be pretty strong.

Over the past 5 seasons, Cookeville has won 4 out of the last 5 games against Coffee Co. Their overall record is 43-17 with a 72% winning percentage. They have made it too the 2nd and 3rd round of the state playoffs 4 seasons and lost the games to the eventual state champs 3 times ( Oakland, Smyrna and Riverdale ).

OK, I give... Coffee County Doesn't belong on the same field as Cookeville, and all those games were blow-outs, so maybe we won't even show up this year.