Bearden vs. West

OldSoccerFan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden must overcome a very emotional loss to Farragut. Their defense has not played well of late. However, I feel their tougher schedule has prepared them better for the playoffs. West has very little depth to fall back on. I see Bearden winning 3-2 with the game not being that close.

Can West pull off another big upset, or does their season end on Tuesday?

I wouldn't consider Oak Ridge a "big" upset. I don't think West is getting credit for being as good as they really are. The first time they played Bearden might have been their worse game all season, not to mention one of the first. It'll be close but, West 3 Bearden 2

West does have some decent depth from the bench, but the important thing to know is that they are a scrappy bunch, and beginning with the district playoffs last week, every player that has stepped out on the pitch is giving a strong, positive contribution. Haven't seen them all play so well together all season as they did this past week. It is high time for the rematch with Bearden. They could most certainly take this game. West will be up to the task, and now they know what they need to do to beat the Beardens and the Farraguts. It ought to be worth the price of admission.

Bearden won the first meeting with West on March 13 by winning 3-1.

Can West pull off another big upset, or does their season end on Tuesday?

Any predictions?

I will take West winning in a shoot-out! I think this goes the distance and West squeaks out the game with a shoot-out! The tiny width of the 55 yard field and the slope on the sidelines favors the constant throw-ins that a crappy field such as that creates! I believe that this is a big advantage for West! West beating anybody should not be considered an upset. When is this team going to get some respect? They are now a real threat to anyone..and will be for the future. I will say that while Bearden is more than capable of winning this game, they are a young team and regardless of the outcome of this seasaon- next year they have to be an early favorite- they are deep everywhere! I was very impressed with all the young kids that played in the game with Sevier County.

Good luck to both teams!!

P.S. I am still pulling for Bearden- just think this one goes to West.

Also, I might add that I believe that West can win the region also!

wow psudo,

west win the region? now my thoughts that you are a crazy old senile man was just confirmed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

jk they are capable of taking the region but i think the winner of the other game is the strong favorite to take this region. i think the other two are better teams, but west has the weapons to beat anyone. they just have certain flaws i think that makes it hard for me to pick them over farragut and OR, (maybe even bearden but they play the same style that tunner so it's just who can convert and who can hold off the others attack longest).

Bearden 4-3

West coach is a parent and to me this is very obvious. the way their forwards play (being these two, but not limited to them, are some of their better players) is why. If these two had direction then they would not be so tunnel visioned and would make smarter decisions. they have alot to work on and it's a shame because i think they could be the best duo up top...... Nethier know what checking to feet means nor do they understand the concept of space and how it works, really the biggest shame is their first touch and how it effects their space.

West beating anybody should not be considered an upset. When is this team going to get some respect? They are now a real threat to anyone..and will be for the future. !

Psuedo:

Sorry if the word "upset" offended you. I was just looking at the previous score when the two teams played this year at West's field and Bearden won 3-1.

I think that Bearden's boys definitely respect the West team. If they don't, they will be watching the rest of the season from the sidelines.

wow psudo,

west win the region? now my thoughts that you are a crazy old senile man was just confirmed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

they just have certain flaws i think that makes it hard for me to pick them over farragut and OR, (maybe even bearden but they play the same style that tunner so it's just who can convert and who can hold off the others attack longest).

Forget last year when West DID win the region? How in the world would it be harder to pick West over Oak Ridge winning when they did just that by beating them 3-1 in a game that didn't get that close in the second half last night?

Nope i didn't forget at all, but remember that they were much more talented last year then this ( loosing mckoy and cat really hurt). also they might have beat OR in the district final but they have also lost to them earlier this year in a game that wasn't really that close the whole game. yeah it seemed like they did score wise but OR had that game on lock the WHOLE game which is something west can not do, dominate a WHOLE game. Their style just does not allow them. they can stay in games and give themselves a chance to win but like i said before they are way too dirict to dominate teams (farragut and OR) that posses. Plus i do not think that they do a very good job building their attack, only enough to do what they can athleticly. West plays only athleticly and not soccer smart at all. they will pull out the victories over some big teams but does not have the capablility to win every time.

Next time Vegas read my whole post. here's the part from my first post you left out "jk they are capable of taking the region but i think the winner of the other game is the strong favorite to take this region. i think the other two are better teams, but west has the weapons to beat anyone." Now do you have any reasons why west was SO dominate in ONE half of soccer and why that ONE half makes you believe that they can put together FOUR (two in the semi's two in the finals) halves of soccer to beat really talented possession teams like farragut and OR, and how they can top a team that has playing their style of soccer down to an art in post season like bearden? they just aren't consistant (which is eveident in their first touch, way they use their space and their decision making) to top teams who have had much more success (all three others playing in a state championship before) every single game.

UC soccer you are not a fan of West soccer as i see in all your posts, but their forwards have the touch and creativity to beat anyone. How is scoring 2 goals in the SECOND HALF of the game to beat Oak ridge not playing two FULL HALFS of soccer? Just curious as to why you have to bash them so much all the time

Ok, so we don't upset anyone......yes West can win but ONLY if Bearden doesn't come to play and for the statement West winning the Regional...that is some stretch since the other 3 teams ALL beat them this year....but anything is possible just very slight.

If West could beat Bearden they will have to beat Oak Ridge Again on a big Field which doesn't play to their style or Farragut on their big field where they have been very tough as of late but either way West odds are greatly reduced.

Bearden are fightrers and Turner will never let them forget that this is one and done. Bearden will give West it's own game and Bearden is better at it...Sorry West Fans Bearden wins this 2 or 3 to 1.