Bearden vs. West

OldSoccerFan

UC soccer you are not a fan of West soccer as i see in all your posts, but their forwards have the touch and creativity to beat anyone. How is scoring 2 goals in the SECOND HALF of the game to beat Oak ridge not playing two FULL HALFS of soccer? Just curious as to why you have to bash them so much all the time

That's only 40 min of soccer in the second half. i want to see them do it 80 min long. i'm just saying their style is not one i want to play against OR or Farragut. and what creativity? they kick and run... both forwards are bad about doing it. once again like i've said all through out my post they don't have the first touch, lack of knowledge of space, and they put themselves all alone on an island.... that is not creativity at all. i have given them the creadit they deserve in past post about the positve attributes i see in them but i think they are just not consistant enough to make it through this tourny....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's only 40 min of soccer in the second half. i want to see them do it 80 min long. i'm just saying their style is not one i want to play against OR or Farragut. and what creativity? they kick and run... both forwards are bad about doing it. once again like i've said all through out my post they don't have the first touch, lack of knowledge of space, and they put themselves all alone on an island.... that is not creativity at all. i have given them the creadit they deserve in past post about the positve attributes i see in them but i think they are just not consistant enough to make it through this tourny....

please quit bashing west uc is not even at a level above west high school soccer, or high school soccer alone.

Ok, so we don't upset anyone......yes West can win but ONLY if Bearden doesn't come to play and for the statement West winning the Regional...that is some stretch since the other 3 teams ALL beat them this year....but anything is possible just very slight.

If West could beat Bearden they will have to beat Oak Ridge Again on a big Field which doesn't play to their style or Farragut on their big field where they have been very tough as of late but either way West odds are greatly reduced.

Bearden are fightrers and Turner will never let them forget that this is one and done. Bearden will give West it's own game and Bearden is better at it...Sorry West Fans Bearden wins this 2 or 3 to 1.

Everyone seen all four teams play multiple times? West didn't come to play against Bearden the first time. I don't think at all West relies on Bearden not showing up, especially after seeing West the past couple games. West has held Farragut closer than Bearden has even without Tanner, not that that means all that much, but from what everyone is sounding like Farragut, Bearden, and OR are miles ahead of West, which is not true.

please quit bashing west uc is not even at a level above west high school soccer, or high school soccer alone.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

so a top 25 D-1 team (UK) is not at the high school level ethier? give me a break. we played them to a very tight game loosing 3-2 in the last min possesion being even in my eyes but ask psudo. that was the dumbet statement i've heard on these boards. Next you will try to tell me that carson newman, where one of the best players to come from farragut, is not high school level ethier.... last time i checked, last four meetings between uc and CN was 3-1 (uc), 1-1, 2-2? (tie but can't remember the score), and 5-4 (uc). Cronaldo, if you really honestly believe that statement then you are going to recieve a HUGH wake up call when you attempt to make the next step. you posted in a earlier discussion about never watching a soccer game.... sounds like you need to watch a little more soccer.

Now that is out of the way, i want to apologize if it seems like i am bashing West (really it just seems like i offended a high schooler caugh caugh cronaldo caugh). Never really thought i did but oh well.

Vegas, your point of West holding Farragut close is very valid, because it proves that they can stay in any game and give theirselves a chance. they have talent and i never took anything away from them. actually i don't think anyone blew them away score wise all year long. just think that their lack of consistantsy in certain areas really hurts them when they enter tourny time. If they can keep games close, they have the fire power and weapons (set pieces not just throw ins and the ability to counter with few numbers and be very effective) to pull games out... my question is can they do it game after game when the competition gets tough. they did VERY well in SC and how proved they can, but will they prove it again? This West team is one that i love to hate, they do make things interesting in their style of play.... Good luck to them and all as well.

I will take West winning in a shoot-out! I think this goes the distance and West squeaks out the game with a shoot-out! The tiny width of the 55 yard field and the slope on the sidelines favors the constant throw-ins that a crappy field such as that creates! I believe that this is a big advantage for West! West beating anybody should not be considered an upset. When is this team going to get some respect? They are now a real threat to anyone..and will be for the future. I will say that while Bearden is more than capable of winning this game, they are a young team and regardless of the outcome of this seasaon- next year they have to be an early favorite- they are deep everywhere! I was very impressed with all the young kids that played in the game with Sevier County.

Good luck to both teams!!

P.S. I am still pulling for Bearden- just think this one goes to West.

Also, I might add that I believe that West can win the region also!

when are you going to give West their respect they beat oak ridge at Oak Ridge 3-1 West is a way better team then them ucsoccer you need to get your fact straight in that game west dominated and how does a parent as a coah have to do with west winning or not that comment was just stupid if west beat bearden tuesday and have to play oak ridge they will win easily 4-1

wow you guys are making your judgement based one district final game just like i made my assesment on the other OR-West game..... You all don't even read ALL of my post and only respond to pieces of it. I have given West all the credit they deserve if you read the other 5 (or how many ever there are in this particular forum) post. You all have no reasoning (how they play, why they will win this tourny, or even their attributes for that fact) for why they will successed, only that they beat OR once and supposidly dominated the second half. They are capable of Winning ANY game that they play in (at least the 5th time i've stated this and this is giving them the biggest compliment i can give them, SO GROW UP AND QUIET ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!!!!!), i've just stated my opionion that i do not think they will pull it off and win the region, just not my favorite. My orginal intention of the first comment made towards psudo (someone i go WAY back with), was to take a crack at him and make fun.

Now that i think about it all the responses sounds like the winny west team i know and hate to love. Grow up guys and prove it on the field, not a disscussion board! Queit acting like a bunch of little girls and making something out of nothing....

P.S. (Coach being a parent is evident to me because of the reasons i stated and had nothing to do with them winning or loosing, only that it hurt them as they attemted to play that style they do without working on the attributes that make that style work... this is just proof that i am giving facts and you are just winny)

Everyone on here knows that West can beat any team in the state on any given night. The same goes for Farragut, Bearden, and Oak Ridge. No one team is leaps and bounds better than another. All of the four teams mentioned are just a half step or full step ahead or behind eachother. I of all people back West considerably on here(even though most players on West for some reason try to get people to hate them). Stop begging for compliments and just realize that you are a force in East Tennessee soccer. I see West winning this one and joining Farragut to advance out of this Region.

West 4 Bearden 1

I might as well post my Farragut prediction since I pretty much already did.

Farragut 3 Oak Ridge 1

By the way...

Patrick Maloney with 2 goals /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and Tanner with 2 as well

ucsoccer is accurate (and fair) in his assessment of West and some of their nagging inconsistencies on the field. I didn't get that he was being particularly mean-spirited, and truly, I wish that the Rebels would fix some of these problem areas; first touch, play up top, and playing for the call, etc. Perhaps next year they might find a center midfield that can fix a couple of these, I hope so. However, as I said, the boys are a scrappy bunch, and if they are not having success one way, they will find some other way to get after an opponent. That is why I enjoy watching them play - to see how they will figure out how to beat an opponent. They are getting much better at doing that, more confident that they can do it, and, as I watch them, they improve as each season progresses. They are definitely peaking when they need to (again) this year, so who knows?

Personally, I would have much rather seen Farragut come to play them as Bearden - they already know how to get inside the Admirals' heads and take the Admirals out of their game. Bearden will bring a similar style of game as West plays, and yes, they probably are a bit better at that style of play than West is, but West is becoming comfortable and confident with their game. So, it will come down to a monumental test of wills and heart. Who can play the game all the way from start to finish will prevail, but it should prove to be a very exciting and entertaining show. For sure this time around West won't be watching Bearden's tail lights speeding off into the distance at the end of the evening. It'll be more like a head-on collision.

I heard a rumor that Bearden parents were making t-shirts for tuesday night.

They read " Regional Semi-finalist " /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are these t-shirts to wear to the game, to wear after the game, or to give to West's players after the game?

ucsoccer is accurate (and fair) in his assessment of West and some of their nagging inconsistencies on the field. I didn't get that he was being particularly mean-spirited, and truly, I wish that the Rebels would fix some of these problem areas; first touch, play up top, and playing for the call, etc. Perhaps next year they might find a center midfield that can fix a couple of these, I hope so. However, as I said, the boys are a scrappy bunch, and if they are not having success one way, they will find some other way to get after an opponent. That is why I enjoy watching them play - to see how they will figure out how to beat an opponent. They are getting much better at doing that, more confident that they can do it, and, as I watch them, they improve as each season progresses. They are definitely peaking when they need to (again) this year, so who knows?

Personally, I would have much rather seen Farragut come to play them as Bearden - they already know how to get inside the Admirals' heads and take the Admirals out of their game. Bearden will bring a similar style of game as West plays, and yes, they probably are a bit better at that style of play than West is, but West is becoming comfortable and confident with their game. So, it will come down to a monumental test of wills and heart. Who can play the game all the way from start to finish will prevail, but it should prove to be a very exciting and entertaining show. For sure this time around West won't be watching Bearden's tail lights speeding off into the distance at the end of the evening. It'll be more like a head-on collision.

Very well written post. finally my intenstion are understood. i do highly agree with your assessment on west's determination and i give tanner alot of credit in being a leader and hugh motivating factor in West will to win. you might have just talked me into coming and watching this game over the other semi.... Pinball i agree with you as well about the level of play not being that big of difference between the four and that west is a force....

ucsoccer is accurate (and fair) in his assessment of West and some of their nagging inconsistencies on the field. I didn't get that he was being particularly mean-spirited, and truly, I wish that the Rebels would fix some of these problem areas; first touch, play up top, and playing for the call, etc. I certainly agree with that

Personally, I would have much rather seen Farragut come to play them as Bearden - they already know how to get inside the Admirals' heads and take the Admirals out of their game.

HOW DO YOU FIGURE? The last 3 games Farragut has won 2 and West only 1...true west won the game that counted LAST YEAR but without making excuses are you aware of what went on for the admirals that playoff week? We were not allowed excuses but West wan't in Farragut's head but plenty of other things were..Ok so Farragut lost but 1 out 3 doesn't warrant they know how to get in Farraguts head,

ucsoccer is accurate (and fair) in his assessment of West and some of their nagging inconsistencies on the field. I didn't get that he was being particularly mean-spirited, and truly, I wish that the Rebels would fix some of these problem areas; first touch, play up top, and playing for the call, etc. I certainly agree with that

Personally, I would have much rather seen Farragut come to play them as Bearden - they already know how to get inside the Admirals' heads and take the Admirals out of their game.

HOW DO YOU FIGURE? The last 3 games Farragut has won 2 and West only 1...true west won the game that counted LAST YEAR but without making excuses are you aware of what went on for the admirals that playoff week? We were not allowed excuses but West wan't in Farragut's head but plenty of other things were..Ok so Farragut lost but 1 out 3 doesn't warrant they know how to get in Farraguts head,

...and Farragut has beaten Bearden a few times too. So now you have two teams that can rattle your team to worry about, that's all. Good luck with Oak Ridge. I hope nothing happens to distract your team before the big game this week.