Decker out at Dyersburg.....Who will be next coach?

burgman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole bit about the 2 years is odd to me. Is this person retired or are they a teacher? Teachers work from year to year unless they get tenure. The YMCA part is pretty funny. 5/6 yr. olds are a bit different than a HS program that has been left in ruin by a former coach. Any program can be made better but talent helps a coach win. I don't care how good you are if you wanna win the gold ball talent is a factor. Most of the talent went up the road to DC.

why does every frikkin thread that has nothing to do with the subject somehow end up with...

"Dyer County"

"McCord"

"don't use the 'R' word"

"they just want to come here, we can't help it"

get a frikkin life, nobody cares, go post in the other 172 threads you have started patting yourself on the back and stay out of threads that have NOTHING to do with you

you guys need some serious help, like counseling or something

as for this topic, i hear Sisco may or may not have talked with Dyersburg

is this true?

Dang...have a breakdown why dontcha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Furthermore...one of your former coaches was one of the best things to ever happen to DC.....if you wanna gripe find him and bless him out. You gotta lot of angst....bad for your blood pressure.

I heard a certain legendary coach (back to back 5/6 year old YMCA championships) from one of the local small towns, who just got his degree from Online University, has been in contact with the Dburg Athletic Department.

It's unclear at this point who made contact first. However, the rumor going around is that both sides have come to an agreement on terms of a deal. The coach (who I'm not at liberty to say who he is at this time) has agreed in principal to make a two year commitment and bring stability to the Dburg basketball program. I'm told negotiations were intense and the coach not willing to go beyond two years was almost a deal breaker. In the end Dburg relented because the power brokers knew they would not be able to find a coach willing to go beyond a one year commitment. Plus, this coach is legendary in his own right..just on a MUCH smaller scale.

Another rumor going around is this coach was not willing to go beyond two years because because his dream job at a certain Junior High Scool might open up in two years.

Looks like an announcment could be coming soon.

As for the Sisco talk. Sisco actually entertained the thought of going to Dburg. But, after a week of soul searching came to his senses, realized he was with a proven winner at UC, and he just wouldn't feel right about leaving Dburg after only one season. Plus, he is in the midst of building a single A dynasty at UC.

certianly this post is a joke! negotiations.... with a ymca coach... online university... hahahaah... yeah, good luck with that. they'd have better luck getting "that former coach that left things in ruin" back. lol

why does every frikkin thread that has nothing to do with the subject somehow end up with...

"Dyer County"

"McCord"

"don't use the 'R' word"

"they just want to come here, we can't help it"

get a frikkin life, nobody cares, go post in the other 172 threads you have started patting yourself on the back and stay out of threads that have NOTHING to do with you

you guys need some serious help, like counseling or something

as for this topic, i hear Sisco may or may not have talked with Dyersburg

is this true?

This could be just a rumour but I hear Dyersburg has talked to Sisco and was told he said if he was to come ,he wanted to bring his assistants with him..Just what I heard..May not have any truth whatsoever!

I wrote that bebore I saw Yankees reply..Yankee is probably right..Or at least Sisco thinks he's going to build a Single A dynasty..Humboldt and Lake Co is going to keep that from happening...lol...And maybe a couple other teams may be stronger in a year or so.!

One of Sisco's assistants is D-burg native and the other is his father. I don't know see Sisco leavin' UC but with the odd things I have been reading in the paper he might not be happy there anymore. The admin released Coach Chandler of his golf coaching duties after he said he felt the UC girls b-ball program wasn't treated like other sports at UC and resigned his duties as girl's coach. I also don't think they gave Sisco much of a hand in choosing his assistant.

Anyway who knows who will get it. Hope they play DC still it would be silly not to. Too much money for both schools in those games. Maybe they should work together to do 1 real big Christmas tourney? Use both gyms, each school has contacts others don't have. Who knows but htechances of them working together is slim to none.

I heard a certain legendary coach (back to back 5/6 year old YMCA championships) from one of the local small towns, who just got his degree from Online University, has been in contact with the Dburg Athletic Department.

It's unclear at this point who made contact first. However, the rumor going around is that both sides have come to an agreement on terms of a deal. The coach (who I'm not at liberty to say who he is at this time) has agreed in principal to make a two year commitment and bring stability to the Dburg basketball program. I'm told negotiations were intense and the coach not willing to go beyond two years was almost a deal breaker. In the end Dburg relented because the power brokers knew they would not be able to find a coach willing to go beyond a one year commitment. Plus, this coach is legendary in his own right..just on a MUCH smaller scale.

Another rumor going around is this coach was not willing to go beyond two years because because his dream job at a certain Junior High Scool might open up in two years.

Looks like an announcment could be coming soon.

As for the Sisco talk. Sisco actually entertained the thought of going to Dburg. But, after a week of soul searching came to his senses, realized he was with a proven winner at UC, and he just wouldn't feel right about leaving Dburg after only one season. Plus, he is in the midst of building a single A dynasty at UC.