Top 10 Rb's in East Tenn all time last few years

Bonfire

Cobb single handidly led Kentucky to victory in games last year. Without him on the field they are nowhere near a bowl game. He was easily the best freshman football player in the SEC last year.

Brandon Warren was a freshman all-American as a tight end at FSU. He has kinda disappeared since then as an "impact" player but still he has one really good year in college under his belt.

Harrison Smith is a player who has started on defense for Notre Dame and done a fine job. Trust me! I am a ND fan. I am excited to see how he does now that he gets to play his natural position as a safety rather than linebacker this year. I hope he can be as good as Zbikowski was for the Irish.

Rogan is a special teams return man and...............THAT IS IT! What has he ever done to really earn great recognition in college either on offense or defense? Yes! In high school he was great. He hasn't been anywhere near great on Rocky Top though...............YOU & I BOTH KNOW THIS IS TRUE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In high school Cobb & Warren won multiple state titles. Warren was a dominant player on both sides of the ball. Cobb in his last 2 years was like Mike Vick playing high school football.

Rogan was a great one in high school. He won multiple state titles. His performances in the playoffs against Pearl Cohn & David Lipscomb will be remembered for a long time. As for Smith in high school.........good player on both sides of the football but how many state titles?????????

MY 2 > YOUR 2 BASED ON THAT ALONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

haha are we talkin about teams or players?? anyway go and look at the talent rogan and smith played against and then look at the talent that cobb and warren played against..now imagine how much MORE rogan n smith would have done and tell who were the better 2 players...and rogan has done alot more than u think/see..he is just gettin out shined by berry but there is only one other DB in the nation that wouldnt get outshined by him n thats taylor maze from USC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Julian and Scott Carter from Halls were dang good. Gilliam from Anderson Co. Fb from WEbb (Cortland?)

I think you are thinking of Terry Copeland from Webb, he was really good. Matt Husky was another one from Webb, he went on to Pitch at UT, but i think ur thinking of Copeland. Copeland should have been Mr. football but 2 of 3 years he was in it, he was beat out by Troy Flemming

haha are we talkin about teams or players?? anyway go and look at the talent rogan and smith played against and then look at the talent that cobb and warren played against..now imagine how much MORE rogan n smith would have done and tell who were the better 2 players...and rogan has done alot more than u think/see..he is just gettin out shined by berry but there is only one other DB in the nation that wouldnt get outshined by him n thats taylor maze from USC

That's a joke! If he was good enough they would find a position for him. Just look at hw Harrison Smith has been moved around to get on the field at Notre Dame. Tennessee is not even a bowl eligible football program either (2 out of the last 3 years)..........so I doubt that his not playing is 100% based on Berry being a stud /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and i would love to see how u rank Top WR's in East TN in last few yrs...lets say last 10 yrs

I'd put Brandon Warren (even though he played tight end) & Randall Cobb (even though he played quarterback) on that list anyday and challenge you to tell me of 2 receivers that are "better" than them......not by high school receptions and yards but by what they've accomplished playing football.

Now with that said I would say that 2 of the guys have to be Kyrus Lanxter (Alcoa) & Tyler Maples (Maryville)

How about Jason Witten and David ( I think ) Davis ( Albert's brother ).

• 2 weeks later...

What about "The Big Dog" Dustin Moore from Greeneville? Moore was a 6'3" 225lb beast with 4.4 speed back in the early 90s. It's a shame how he got kicked off at UT before his Junior year. He was the most freakishly talented HS back I've ever seen.

The NE TN area's produced a few great backs over the past 20 years or so. Adonis Johnson from Dobyns-Bennett, Jeremy Osborne from Sullivan South, "Little Man" Stewart from Morristown West, Terry Copeland from Science Hill, Eric Brackens from Gatlinburg-Pittman, etc.

What about "The Big Dog" Dustin Moore from Greeneville? Moore was a 6'3" 225lb beast with 4.4 speed back in the early 90s. It's a shame how he got kicked off at UT before his Junior year. He was the most freakishly talented HS back I've ever seen.

The NE TN area's produced a few great backs over the past 20 years or so. Adonis Johnson from Dobyns-Bennett, Jeremy Osborne from Sullivan South, "Little Man" Stewart from Morristown West, Terry Copeland from Science Hill, Eric Brackens from Gatlinburg-Pittman, etc.

Adam Townson from Hampton was a really great rb.

True about Scotty Whitt and Travis Cozart. Don't want to compare the two but how close in many areas. Scotty was a better power back and with the same spead. Cozart was a little more versitale. The argument on who was better depends on which county you live in. Travis was the states top ranked player and the only player from that year from Tennessee to make the Atlanta Journals Top 50 players in Country. However, Whitt got East Tennessee Player of year over Travis. Travis was the states top ranked prospect in all the recruiting magazines. He also had offers from Florida State, Alabama, Tennessee and Oklahoma. He was the #4 ranked free safety in the country. Went to Community college in Kansas with Lenoarnd Little and became an All American wide reciever. He also led the nation in punt return yardage. Went on to UT and had the starting tailback job won until he was dismissed from team. Played in CFL and practice squad with the dolphins and st.louis rams. Amazing talent. However, was arrested while with the dolphins and has been in and out of prison. Was arrested again last week.

I don't know all about Scotty but he 2 didn't ever make it because of off field trouble. He was as good as I've seen.

I didn't see the below players but The best ever has to probably be Al Davis Sr. from Alcoa and Leroy Thompson of course all of these guys are past the 10 yr mark.

I really liked the Sterling kid from Farragut the best from recent years.