3-Huffman

4-Opelika

5-Tuscaloosa County

6-Prattville

7-Central-Phenix City

8-Mountain Brook

9-Baldwin County

10-Vigor

Others: Minor, Mary Montgomery, Grissom, McGill-Toolen, Sidney Lanier, John Carroll, Austin

Not bad for a school with no football history and for a school with no home field.

Coach Joe Gaddis is doing real well down in his new home in Alabama. He called me on Saturday to ask me how the Oak Ridge game turned out and he told me that his team was 2-0 and that he was doing fine. If you want to read about them and him you can go to www.decaturdaily.com This is the local paper for Austin High School. There is a good article about him that ran on Sunday August 11, 2002. Check it out. How did you guys do at Cumberland University this week?

We lost to a D-1 AA school. That is no excuse of losing. You know how I am about better players. We only lost by 4 points. We played Indiana State. "We will win are confrence."

Posted by DCCATVOICE:

Coach Joe Gaddis is doing real well down in his new home in Alabama. He called me on Saturday to ask me how the Oak Ridge game turned out and he told me that his team was 2-0 and that he was doing fine. If you want to read about them and him you can go to www.decaturdaily.com This is the local paper for Austin High School. There is a good article about him that ran on Sunday August 11, 2002. Check it out. How did you guys do at Cumberland University this week?

SirPettus,

I thought you might be making progress... alas, I thought wrong. Your post grabbed my soul and made me wonder about the pitfalls of our public education system.

Among the weird sentences and incomplete thoughts you ended with the bold statement: "We will win are confrence."

I don't know what the quotes are for, but I think you should have written: "We will win our conference."

I've always held the utmost respect for Coach Gaddis--dang the man could coach. I always wanted to play for him, but...I had to settle with just being good friends with the Minor boy (Jeff), who did date his very good looking daughter Carrie. I'm glad to see Joe being successful where ever he goes. I didn't always hear how his tenure in Mississippi went--how did his teams while there. Somehow, I always knew he would end up back in "Bama.

I am told.... Coach Gaddis is doing great at Austin High School in Decatur, Alabama..

Coach Gaddis in contrast to the coach at Oak Ridge {who was given the job 'cause Helton thought he should have it}........... Could run for mayor and win...

Bruce wants to do everything opposite of how Coach Gaddis did it...{and very successful... like winning}.

Instead of players disappearing from the team, top athletes from other sports {baseball, basketball,ect.} who haven't played football in years are on the team, making big contributions on Friday nights!

The players, parents, fans, boosters ALL love Coach Gaddis.

Coach Gaddis is putting Austin [former basketball school with out it's own stadium] on the map!

A win this week at Minor HS in Birmingham will put them in the top ten. [13 now]

Can we get Coach Gaddis back up here? ;)

One great story on Gaddis (there are many). Joe ask a student why he wasn't coming out for the football team. The player told him he had to work after school. So Gaddis went to the student's employer and ask if the students schedule could be adjusted so the guy could play football. The student said he still didn't want to play -- so Gaddis just left him with the statement "That is OK, but we would still like you to play for us and practice is in the morning". Next morning the guy showed up to play.

Gaddis also encouraged his players to play as many sports as they wanted.

It is sad that that kind of energy and excitement is gone from to program. The whole infrastructure of Oak Ridge tradition, attitude, community support, and leadership is gone.

Are you an English teacher? ha ha ha

Posted by ohreally:

SirPettus,

I thought you might be making progress... alas, I thought wrong. Your post grabbed my soul and made me wonder about the pitfalls of our public education system.

Among the weird sentences and incomplete thoughts you ended with the bold statement: "We will win are confrence."

I don't know what the quotes are for, but I think you should have written: "We will win our conference."

SirPettus,

I am glad you think your composition skills are funny. I wonder if your college teachers and your potential employers will be amused, too.

Your last post has to be a joke! The word is dumb, not dumn! You even misspelled the word "miss spelled." Maybe Miss Spelled was your English teacher at Oak Ridge!

Forget about football, learn your language, and make yourself proud.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

[Edited by ohreally on 9-12-02 9:35P]