region 1 1a

pujo

Gonna be a interesting year, From what I hear ,Cloudland should be the front runner. One of the Coaches told me they had several kids benching 300 pounds or better, said they only had 4 kids,including up coming freshman that was under 200 pounds. I just don't see any of the other teams being as strong.

I think Hampton will be better than they were a year ago ,but I think they only have 1 kid who can bench 300 pounds, Strong don't always win the prize ,but in football,it sure helps.

I know Cosby lost quite a bit from last years squad, but they seem to think they will be pretty strong again this season.

Unaka has alot of kids back ,should be fairly solid.

As far as Hancock and North Greene goes, someone else will have tell us what they will have.

One thing that Ilike about this year is , some of these schools have picked up some tough out of region games, Hampton probably has the toughest , Cloudland and Cosby are not too far behind them. Gonna be a fun year, good luck to all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna be a interesting year, From what I hear ,Cloudland should be the front runner. One of the Coaches told me they had several kids benching 300 pounds or better, said they only had 4 kids,including up coming freshman that was under 200 pounds. I just don't see any of the other teams being as strong.

I think Hampton will be better than they were a year ago ,but I think they only have 1 kid who can bench 300 pounds, Strong don't always win the prize ,but in football,it sure helps.

I know Cosby lost quite a bit from last years squad, but they seem to think they will be pretty strong again this season.

Unaka has alot of kids back ,should be fairly solid.

As far as Hancock and North Greene goes, someone else will have tell us what they will have.

One thing that Ilike about this year is , some of these schools have picked up some tough out of region games, Hampton probably has the toughest , Cloudland and Cosby are not too far behind them. Gonna be a fun year, good luck to all.

Hampton will take the confrence. dont matter how strong cloudland is

By no means am I saying Hampton can't win the region, but this is the same bunch of kids at Cloudland that pretty much ran over everyone when they were in Jr High. They had 2 really good classes in a row. These kids are Jr's and Seniors now. I've watched them a little and they look pretty solid to me.

By no means am I saying Hampton can't win the region, but this is the same bunch of kids at Cloudland that pretty much ran over everyone when they were in Jr High. They had 2 really good classes in a row. These kids are Jr's and Seniors now. I've watched them a little and they look pretty solid to me.

I think Cloudland will definately compete for the region this year , but I'd have to see it to believe that they are that strong in the weightroom. 5 kids over 300 at the 1A level is impressive , but the majority of your team INCLUDING upcoming freshman! I don't buy that.

Hampton , Cosby , Cloudland , definately top 3 in any order. Unaka could surprise some people with them returning lots of kids of off last years team that improved steadily as the year went by. N.G. was quite possibly the worst team in the state last year losing to Hancock , Kings Academy and others like them. Hancock will be decent enough to keep most games from being blowouts but I don't see them being a serious threat to the region yet.

I think Cloudland will definately compete for the region this year , but I'd have to see it to believe that they are that strong in the weightroom. 5 kids over 300 at the 1A level is impressive , but the majority of your team INCLUDING upcoming freshman! I don't buy that.

Hampton , Cosby , Cloudland , definately top 3 in any order. Unaka could surprise some people with them returning lots of kids of off last years team that improved steadily as the year went by. N.G. was quite possibly the worst team in the state last year losing to Hancock , Kings Academy and others like them. Hancock will be decent enough to keep most games from being blowouts but I don't see them being a serious threat to the region yet.

I really don't have any idea what anyone at Cloudland can lift, I do know they have had quite a few kids working hard .I'm just going by what some people close to the program has told me. I also know they will be bigger at the line of scrimmage and they have a new offence. It won't be the spread all the time this season.

Old24Eaglet,

Maybe yall should start drinking some of them protein shakes with the MUFFINS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know where that info came from, but they are not that strong. I went to the Blue and Gold game last night and Cloudland needs more discipline to be a contender. Let's face it, I lost count on the off sides and motion penalties and not counting the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on both teams. The coaches need more control of this team or they won't win many games this year. If they can get everybody on the same page and get the ball rolling, they have the talent to be really good. #42 and #47 are stud linebackers. I don't think the gold team ever got anything going on offense and they were in on every tackle. They should have a good weapon in Houstma and Morgan. Other than that, the biggest difference in this year and last year, is Cloudland is better on defense. They were actually playing their positions instead of filling the gaps and blitzing every play. Cloudland should be able to stand toe to toe with anyone this year.

i dont think so. the way hampton looked at morresttown east i would say that hampton will take the confrence

Ever see Jeff Dunham and Peanut? Neeeeruuung . . . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Edit: I'll repeat it. Cloudland will be the best 1a team in their district.

ya just like they do evry year? look bub they wont even come close. but i hope they have a good season best of luck but one of us will eat crow so when we play clouland id bring sum water to wash it down with

I think Cloudland and Hancock will be the only 2 teams classified as 1a when the playoffs start. I think that is the point he is making.