AA State Tournament

greenergrass

Pigeon Forge did basically just that, beating Willis last night in the sectional and beating Headley (Unicoi's #2) Wednesday in the Region Final. I wouldn't necessarily call it luck, but you have to play big in big games is East TN just to get to state.

What I am really saying "playtough" is how nice would it be able to be like a team like Dyer Co. and Dyersburg were able to beat a team 31-0 and 26-0 in the Sectional (not their fault). This will never happen in East Tennessee due to the quality of the teams. All they have to do is win the Monday game and they are virtually in the State Tournament.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that EVERY other region has a tougher time. As has been said, all you have to do is win the Monday game. I guarantee you that if you had to play Gibbs in east tennessee with Willis pitching or even Unicoi this year with Rice it would have been a lot tougher time and you would have been lucky for one to make it to state.

Wow. Simmer down, now.

First, no one is arguing that the other six regions have tougher sectionals games. I mean, when you see scores like 26-0 and 31-0, no one can dispute it.

To say that Dyersburg and Dyer County would have been lucky to make it to state is saying that Unicoi and Gibbs stand head and shoulders above them. That, my friend, is an opinion. I guess we'll see what happens when the games are played, but I believe that if Dyersburg and Dyer County win some games, it is because they are good - not because they are lucky.

You, sir, need to calm down and get off that high horse of yours. Believe it or not, West Tennessee can play some quality baseball.

The competition and pitching arguments for Dyer Co. and Dyersburg are legitimate points. But remember that four schools currently in Region 7AA (USJ, Covington, Ripley, Milan) have combined for five state championships and six runner-up finishes this decade. So while it was basically win one and you're in for those two, they still had to beat those traditionally strong programs during district and in the regional semifinals.

The competition and pitching arguments for Dyer Co. and Dyersburg are legitimate points. But remember that four schools currently in Region 7AA (USJ, Covington, Ripley, Milan) have combined for five state championships and six runner-up finishes this decade. So while it was basically win one and you're in for those two, they still had to beat those traditionally strong programs during district and in the regional semifinals.

Amen brother!!! Dyer Co. & Dyersburg are very strong and we will prove it on the field this comming week. You don't come into this State Tournament ranked #1 and in the top 10 without playing some tuff teams to get here. Our tuff games are in the district and regionals. There are some very tuff games to win before you get to, Monday. Just ask USJ and Ripley to name a few. They didn't make to Monday.

If Jackson Southside gets in ,Dyer County will have beaten three teams in the state tournament . Goodpasture twice, Southside once, and Dyersburg . Not bad for a poor West Tennessee team. Dyer Co. is a very good team. And if you take Dyersburg lightly, you will be going to the losers bracket. Dyer Co. is proud to have both of these team in the tournament !!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow. Simmer down, now.

First, no one is arguing that the other six regions have tougher sectionals games. I mean, when you see scores like 26-0 and 31-0, no one can dispute it.

To say that Dyersburg and Dyer County would have been lucky to make it to state is saying that Unicoi and Gibbs stand head and shoulders above them. That, my friend, is an opinion. I guess we'll see what happens when the games are played, but I believe that if Dyersburg and Dyer County win some games, it is because they are good - not because they are lucky.

You, sir, need to calm down and get off that high horse of yours. Believe it or not, West Tennessee can play some quality baseball.

Sorry. What I was really meaning to convey is that there are some quality teams year in and year from east tennessee that get put out. As another point was made, most of the state champions in AA do come from west or middle tenneessee (at least recently). I wasn't meaning to disparage Dyer Co. or Dyersburg and their accomplishments. Hey, at least you guys did knock out "one of them thar private schools" in USJ which I know had to be a tough one. Again, I apologize and do have respect for baseball in all of tennessee.

Pigeon Forge did basically just that, beating Willis last night in the sectional and beating Headley (Unicoi's #2) Wednesday in the Region Final. I wouldn't necessarily call it luck, but you have to play big in big games is East TN just to get to state.

Willis pitched all monday night too he had nothing left if he was on regular rest that game is a different story

Sorry. What I was really meaning to convey is that there are some quality teams year in and year from east tennessee that get put out. As another point was made, most of the state champions in AA do come from west or middle tenneessee (at least recently). I wasn't meaning to disparage Dyer Co. or Dyersburg and their accomplishments. Hey, at least you guys did knock out "one of them thar private schools" in USJ which I know had to be a tough one. Again, I apologize and do have respect for baseball in all of tennessee.

No prob, man. I know how it is when playoff time comes. I'm sure you didn't mean it badly at all, but I had to say something just in case. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the dyersburg team is coming into this state tournament with a lot of confidence and nothing to lose. no pressure is on them at all. this is their first state tournament in school history and i think the guys are ready to prove themselves. they really play as a team and feel they can accomplish anything. sure those memphis schools were not up to par teams but anybody who has to beat usj in the region to earn a spot in the state tourney has to be recognized. i hope dyersburg and dyer county can start this tournament off on fire and take care of business. because if they do, there will be one final match-up....STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!. good luck to both dburg and dc, and to all of the teams playing.