Alcoa Scrimmages

a-town1408

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know if Alcoa had scrimmaged anyone this spring and if so who was it and how did they fair?

Alcoa scrimmaged Clinton today.

Clinton scored first with a deep ball down to about the 5 yard line. The Clinton QB ran it in for a TD. The Clinton QB is the real deal. Alcoa moved the ball on their first two drives but could not scored within the 10 play format. Alcoa QB Tallant threw an interception on the third drive. After that Alcoa started to put pressure on Clinton QB and the defense started to gel. Alcoa's 1st team defense would not be scored on again. The Alcoa offense started to have some success both running and passing to Isom and T Rob. The Alcoa offense scored 3 times before the second teams took the field.

Alcoa's second team scored twice, Clinton's second team had not scored when I left.....

Both teams looked very good at the point in the season.

I expect Clinton to be a very good team this year.

Clinton scored first with a deep ball down to about the 5 yard line. The Clinton QB ran it in for a TD. The Clinton QB is the real deal. Alcoa moved the ball on their first two drives but could not scored within the 10 play format. Alcoa QB Tallant threw an interception on the third drive. After that Alcoa started to put pressure on Clinton QB and the defense started to gel. Alcoa's 1st team defense would not be scored on again. The Alcoa offense started to have some success both running and passing to Isom and T Rob. The Alcoa offense scored 3 times before the second teams took the field.

Alcoa's second team scored twice, Clinton's second team had not scored when I left.....

Are the two Middle School Studs staying at Alcoa next year. They were the runningbacks......Crenshaw and ? (can't remember name).

Thank you for the kind words, but if Alcoa doesn't win a 3A state championship this year i would be very surprised! You guys are just absolutely LOADED! It seems as if you are 2 to 3 deep at qb and rb....impressive! Thank you for scrimmaging us. I think we know what we need to work on now.......protecting the qb and opening holes for our rb's! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you for the kind words, but if Alcoa doesn't win a 3A state championship this year i would be very surprised! You guys are just absolutely LOADED! It seems as if you are 2 to 3 deep at qb and rb....impressive! Thank you for scrimmaging us. I think we know what we need to work on now.......protecting the qb and opening holes for our rb's! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tell us more about Clinton's QB? I bet he is getting some college level interest? Thanks........

Clinton's QB is getting some big time interest. He is getting noticed late because he is playing in what has been a down program. We feel that we may have a decent season and he will garner more interest along with some others. We have a stud at LB in Hazelhurst and TE in Chapman. Darian did win MVP at the Elite 11 in Athens over Brunetti, Bell, and company. He will go big time. If he were two inches taller he would be a 5 star, no doubt. I thought both teams got good work in. Clinton played well against the run, but came up short in the passing game. In the spring that is what happens, you learn what to concentrate on over the summer months. Much improved football team for Clinton and more of the same from the Alcoa machine. On a side note, on two of Alcoa's TD's Clinton had stopped them on 4th down . . . but it is the 10 play deal. No doubt Alcoa will be a machine this year with a chance to win it all. Clinton had a returning starter out on the line and that was noticeable. All in all as a Dragon fan I was extremely impressed with the development. If they continue to improve they can make some noise this year. Good luck to a fine Alcoa team.

You can see his list on Unapproved Website . . . Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, Missouri, West Virginia, Auburn, etc.

Clinton's QB is getting some big time interest. He is getting noticed late because he is playing in what has been a down program. We feel that we may have a decent season and he will garner more interest along with some others. We have a stud at LB in Hazelhurst and TE in Chapman. Darian did win MVP at the Elite 11 in Athens over Brunetti, Bell, and company. He will go big time. If he were two inches taller he would be a 5 star, no doubt. I thought both teams got good work in. Clinton played well against the run, but came up short in the passing game. In the spring that is what happens, you learn what to concentrate on over the summer months. Much improved football team for Clinton and more of the same from the Alcoa machine. On a side note, on two of Alcoa's TD's Clinton had stopped them on 4th down . . . but it is the 10 play deal. No doubt Alcoa will be a machine this year with a chance to win it all. Clinton had a returning starter out on the line and that was noticeable. All in all as a Dragon fan I was extremely impressed with the development. If they continue to improve they can make some noise this year. Good luck to a fine Alcoa team.

You can see his list on Unapproved Website . . . Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, Missouri, West Virginia, Auburn, etc.

Actually Alcoa did not score on either of the 10 play series they had with the first team. Then when it went to down and distance, that is when they started playing better ball. As they got a big stop on clinton 1st series of down and distance. Took and down the field and scored. Stopped Clinton again on the 2nd series, but this time Clinton and Stone moved the ball better and got close, but could not punch it in. Alcoa went down and scored again going up 2-1. Finally capping it off with 1's vs. 1's Alcoa 3 scores to Clinton's 1. Clinton scored on there 2nd 10 play set.

P.S. Clintons QB is a stud!!!!!