What REALLY is the difference between D I & DII?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is interesting and while a concept that has hit a chord of being unconstitutional, in what way can zoning of private schools be thought of as being unconstitutional as opposed to it being unconstitutional to being so heavily concentrated, not in numbers of students but in numbers of locations, as to not allow students access to secular education or to not allow an diversity of opinion within a school especially in a field that is a commodity such as education. And where is the bounds or zone to isolate an economic group, not a racial group, so they would be isolated from competing in society for we all know eventually that competition is going to exist. How do you deal with the unconstitutionality with those competing forces?

I bring this up because up East there is a move to form a conference of schools of a particular faith based on athletics and the universities have the ability to isolate thought from cradle thru the University level? How constitutional is that and what part should diversity play? Big is just as dangerous in seperation as it is in finance, or any other field. and while each have their own religiousosity(if that is the spelling of the word), understanding of others thoughts and dealing with them is a part of education also. and you either learn early by possibly dealing with it then or you don't and have a society that doesn't deal with it at all. Unconstitutionality isn't beginning to make sense as much as morality and understanding in a society. And since a lot of privates are faith based how can any statement of forcing kids to go to private schools in an intercity area be hidden behind? And is now that becoming an issue more than the other?

O K movinonup, It seems that my credibality is in question. This "super booster" is W.G. Dement Jr.,and the teams were in fact USJ and Jackson Christian. Do I blame Mr. Dement,NO I DO NOT,as his actions were not giving either team an advantage. The "helicopter incident" was not brought up as an infraction,rather an illustration of the rescources available to the school.If you are still skeptical that it happened,I couldn't care less,but to save face in the future I'd suggest that you reserch something before making mockery of it. You seem offended by my post,(even defensive)but if you'll read it carefully,I hold USJ in very high regard,as they strive to be the best in every endevor that is undertaken, in academeics,and athletics.If you do not believe that they "skirted the rules", I think my exact quote was, to gain an advantage,that is your opinion, mine is that,in the past, they have.My gripe,was not primiarily with USJ,but t.s.s.a.a. to seperate( DI & DII),or to enact a "fair" penalty(the multiplier)in order to lessen the obvious advantage available to all privates.It's because people have opinions on BOTH sides of an issue that this forum exists,so I always try and understand the opposite point of view,and all that I'm asking is that courtesy be returned before I be rideculed or discredited.Too much to ask? :D

All of this is interesting and while a concept that has hit a chord of being unconstitutional, in what way can zoning of private schools be thought of as being unconstitutional as opposed to it being unconstitutional to being so heavily concentrated, not in numbers of students but in numbers of locations, as to not allow students access to secular education or to not allow an diversity of opinion within a school especially in a field that is a commodity such as education.

What does this mean???

All of this is interesting and while a concept that has hit a chord of being unconstitutional, in what way can zoning of private schools be thought of as being unconstitutional as opposed to it being unconstitutional to being so heavily concentrated, not in numbers of students but in numbers of locations, as to not allow students access to secular education or to not allow an diversity of opinion within a school especially in a field that is a commodity such as education.

What does this mean???

I too don't understand this post. The poster will probably attribute our failure to understand is due to stupidity. It always takes awhile for him to give an explanation, I think he first has to figure out the post as well. :roflol:

7425, it is self explanatory and really asked for a response. Expected Duh2 to not have a clear vision since it was in response to that poster. You know, blurred vision, no clearness of thought. Inability to find the right topic, slinging around words of low esteem, and just the inability to say what they mean except to pull out the dictionary of meaningless words. But that is a characteristic of D2"s.

Anyway, your question. It was in reply to the second post. It was in response to a hypothetical. it will come up again and rather that respond to a hypothetical dealt with having so many schools in a geographical area mny of which have only one student, it could give the impression of great strength but indeed it was the opposite. Don't remember the state, don't remember the organization who put the search up. Tried to think why someone would even put a list together like that. Wound up being a list of 240 schools with some large schools at the top. it really meant nothing but if the subject comes up again, I'll be more specific. It could have included aid. If we don't get interupted I might be able to find it.

7425, it is self explanatory and really asked for a response. Expected Duh2 to not have a clear vision since it was in response to that poster. You know, blurred vision, no clearness of thought. Inability to find the right topic, slinging around words of low esteem, and just the inability to say what they mean except to pull out the dictionary of meaningless words. But that is a characteristic of D2"s.

Anyway, your question. It was in reply to the second post. It was in response to a hypothetical. it will come up again and rather that respond to a hypothetical dealt with having so many schools in a geographical area mny of which have only one student, it could give the impression of great strength but indeed it was the opposite. Don't remember the state, don't remember the organization who put the search up. Tried to think why someone would even put a list together like that. Wound up being a list of 240 schools with some large schools at the top. it really meant nothing but if the subject comes up again, I'll be more specific. It could have included aid. If we don't get interupted I might be able to find it.

Sorry, PH, I'm completely lost. It seemed to me that you were suggesting that there could be no constitutional issue with trying to establish geographic attendance zones for private schools. It also seemed to me that you were suggesting there actually was some sort of constitutional issue with having a large number of private schools in a small geographic area -- although I don't see how that deprives anyone of an opportunity for a secular education, which also seems to be one of your assertions. This really doesn't make much sense to me, especially if the result of my modest effort to decipher it is correct.

7543, ummmm, that wasn't exactly what I was looking for or encouraging discussion, but the impossibility of the senario likely is not in comprehension. A lot of stats are being generated by someone on private schools. Some of those stats wind up on here more or less. Many are interesting and very positive but a number refute the first. Some more than confirm so consistancy or an understanding is needed. I'm just trying to do that. Playing with stats is dangerous. Stats sometimes change dates. They make you think. make one aware of major differences not thought of. Reveal more differences.

Sorry, PH, I'm completely lost. It seemed to me that you were suggesting that there could be no constitutional issue with trying to establish geographic attendance zones for private schools. It also seemed to me that you were suggesting there actually was some sort of constitutional issue with having a large number of private schools in a small geographic area -- although I don't see how that deprives anyone of an opportunity for a secular education, which also seems to be one of your assertions. This really doesn't make much sense to me, especially if the result of my modest effort to decipher it is correct.

I too think he was suggesting that there could be no constitutional issue with trying to establish geographic attendance zones. We both know that is baloney. And now its a hypothetical situation he says he was speaking of. Deprives someone of a secular education, a response is not even necessary to this train of thought. I think I get the picture. By the way, Hargis, you don't run these boards and I can contribute to this conversation. Nobody is ever going to establish geographic zones for private schools, what a crazy thought. Private schools have no zones, never had them, never will have them. What is so amazing is that you come up with this in an attempt to promote your sports agenda, simply amazing. I like many posters criticize our leaders from time to time, but Mr. Hargis has made me realize that it could be worse, way worse. PSS Hargis, go ahead and be more specific now, many would like to read your hypothetical senario.:roflol: You expected me to not understand your post, but Rick doesn't understand it either. But you don't pick on him like you do me. Rick has proven as myself many times in the past to be informed and knowledgeable with his posts, but understanding your posts are difficult at best, impossible at worst, maybe you are the problem. :roflol: