What REALLY is the difference between D I & DII?

So how are teams classified now. When I played there wasn't a Division II. I am under the impression that it's Private Schools yet I see schools such as Goodpasture & Chattanooga Christian in Division I. Aren't they private? Just need help understanding. Seems like their schools are dominating Division I at the Spring Flee in Murfreesboro in most all sports. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how are teams classified now. When I played there wasn't a Division II. I am under the impression that it's Private Schools yet I see schools such as Goodpasture & Chattanooga Christian in Division I. Aren't they private? Just need help understanding. Seems like their schools are dominating Division I at the Spring Flee in Murfreesboro in most all sports. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If T$$AA is going to let the privates play with public schools then they need to start letting the public schools recruit from through out their region and beyond like the private do.

Now you have traveling teams playing schools then are limited by boundries.

Man I can't wait till the private supporters get up and see this! They will jump all over this one with how somehow THEY are the ones at the disadvantage , and THEY are the ones who are getting dominated.

Private schools SHOULD play in their own division....Period. They have more money to build and sustain better fascilities , which leads to more and better athletes attending their school. Private schools advertise better and safer education , whether thats true or not thats yet one more thing that draws students to their school. Private schools can take any kid from any area thats close enough to commute to their campus. All of these are benefits that public schools do not enjoy.

Now get ready for the barage of "publics get tax dollars" and "Prvates are going broke because of the economy" and " I sacrifice so much to send my kids to private my Lexus is 5 years old".

Man I can't wait till the private supporters get up and see this! They will jump all over this one with how somehow THEY are the ones at the disadvantage , and THEY are the ones who are getting dominated.

Private schools SHOULD play in their own division....Period. They have more money to build and sustain better fascilities , which leads to more and better athletes attending their school. Private schools advertise better and safer education , whether thats true or not thats yet one more thing that draws students to their school. Private schools can take any kid from any area thats close enough to commute to their campus. All of these are benefits that public schools do not enjoy.

Now get ready for the barage of "publics get tax dollars" and "Prvates are going broke because of the economy" and " I sacrifice so much to send my kids to private my Lexus is 5 years old".

Man, what a start to the day. I just "got up" and read this after my maid was making so much noise on the 4th floor of my home. Guess she was having trouble getting the kids uniforms on this morning. Between this post (that is a little condescending to us private school people), and my Lexus being dirty, it does not seem like it is going to be a good day. Now all I need is for there to be a line at Starbucks and my favorite stair stepper to be in use at the gym for it to be a perfect day.

(By the way, dude---your grammar and spelling is horrible. I have been at work since 6:00, my 7 year old Malibu started fine, and my kids are at private school, my spouse is at work---and you are beating a dead horse to death)

Man, what a start to the day. I just "got up" and read this after my maid was making so much noise on the 4th floor of my home. Guess she was having trouble getting the kids uniforms on this morning. Between this post (that is a little condescending to us private school people), and my Lexus being dirty, it does not seem like it is going to be a good day. Now all I need is for there to be a line at Starbucks and my favorite stair stepper to be in use at the gym for it to be a perfect day.

(By the way, dude---your grammar and spelling is horrible. I have been at work since 6:00, my 7 year old Malibu started fine, and my kids are at private school, my spouse is at work---and you are beating a dead horse to death)

What did I spell wrong? besides the typo on privates.

What did I spell wrong? besides the typo on privates.

The increasing costs of private school limits the number of potential athletes that can attend the school and the modifier rules affect the competitive ability of such schools. That is why more and more are going DII. Aas my oldest daughter's( she attended private school) coach told me, they didn't compete for students with other private schools, they had to compete with Williamson County.

As for facilities, Forrest, Riverdale, Ravenwood and many others do fine and have facilities to compete with the privates. Has to do with the interest in the programs and the parent's participation.

For full disclosure my children do attend public school.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If T$$AA is going to let the privates play with public schools then they need to start letting the public schools recruit from through out their region and beyond like the private do.

Thats fine, But make sure the public schools charge them 5 to 9 thousand a year to attend. make sure mom and dad give 2 to 3 hours a week at the fields working. and make sure they have a ride to and from school. then all will be the same. My kids goes to public school.

They pretty much do now-----it is called Magnet Schools.

From the TSSAA handbook - "Section 3. For tournament competition there shall be two categories. Division I shall be schools whose student-athletes competing at the varsity level do not receive need??“based financial aid. Division II shall be those schools whose student-athletes competing at the varsity level may be the recipients of need-based financial aid."

DI...DII

Difference I