T$$AA Money Fling

fishunt

I see your points, but still not buying into it. I know in travel basketball and soccer, both very physically challenging sports, multiple games in one day is the norm. These are often the best conditioned athletes. They would be able to play more than one game a day and certainly one game a day for a few days. I would think that game time would be a factor but that favors the other sports. For example, a soccer game has no timeouts. Games don't generally last much longer than the clock on the scoreboard. And basketball and football are timed as well. I've been to softball and baseball games that lasted forever. Just seems like the fair way to do it would be across the board the same, all single or all double. Once you get into post season play, you just can't have an "off" game. IMO thats what separates the champions from the runners up.

theres no way you could do football that much. its to physically demanding... even think about pro sports. Baseball is a 7 game series, hockey is a 7 game series, basketball is a 7 game series, but football is one and done. its just way to physically demanding to go at it multiple times a week.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres no way you could do football that much. its to physically demanding... even think about pro sports. Baseball is a 7 game series, hockey is a 7 game series, basketball is a 7 game series, but football is one and done. its just way to physically demanding to go at it multiple times a week.

I think my point is being missed, I don't think the other sports should be made double elimination, why not make baseball and softball single elimination like the other sports?

I think we have it backwards.....District tournaments need to be single elim. and region should be double

What is the point of having a 5 seed or an 8 seed have to lose twice to be eliminated from a district tourn.?? I think we are just delaying the inevitable, trying to fit TOO many games in a short amount of time.

Region tourn. now become double elimination, and the sub-state becomes best of 3

This would be a more accurate depiction of the best teams making it to the spring flings

The lopsided scores in baseball have proven that the current format is not accurate......the state champions may still be the same, but the other 7 teams involved we will find are different

I think we have it backwards.....District tournaments need to be single elim. and region should be double

What is the point of having a 5 seed or an 8 seed have to lose twice to be eliminated from a district tourn.?? I think we are just delaying the inevitable, trying to fit TOO many games in a short amount of time.

Region tourn. now become double elimination, and the sub-state becomes best of 3

This would be a more accurate depiction of the best teams making it to the spring flings

The lopsided scores in baseball have proven that the current format is not accurate......the state champions may still be the same, but the other 7 teams involved we will find are different

I don't know about backwards, but we have it wrong. At least on the baseball side.

One good pitcher shouldn't determine a team's post season fate. There should be a double elimination tournament at the district, region and state level. Some states play best 2 of 3 series in the post season. That's how baseball is played. Single elimination doesn't give you the best team. It gives you the best pitcher.

I think softball is more or less following suit from a tradition stand point as the same pitcher often pitches most of the games. That's why UT is sucking wind this season. Monica Abbott was primarily responsible for their success. In baseball, you can't have too much pitching.

Double elimination in all three rounds is too many games.....A team in a 7-8 team district would have the possibility of having to play 10 or more games in the post season just to GET to Murfreesboro

It doesn't take 10 games to figure out who the best team is

Most states don't do best of 3 until you get deeper in the play-offs

IMO....you could leave everything the way it is, and just do the Sectionals as best of 3 and that would make a huge difference

The current format just doesn't make sense.....what is the sense of doing double elimination at the state level but having the 2 previous levels be single elimination???

If they are going to continue double elim. at the district level, then the field should be limited to the top 4 teams

Monday and Friday games are single elimination, lose Wednesday and you play on the road. It's a good, even schedule and Friday games can be moved ahead a day if necessary for graduations. Maybe you can make it to the state with one quality pitcher but in baseball such teams are quickly exposed.

Tuesday, softball, Wife ,son daughter, and I $32.00

Wednesdays boys baseball game son and i $16.00 + parking $5.00 =$21.00

Wednesday night softball, wife son and daughter and I $32.00

Thursday morning softball son and I $ 16.00

========$101 to see 4 games . TOO DAM MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this dose not include the cokes and the hamburger!!!! Its become a rich mans game. ha ha.

Tuesday, softball, Wife ,son daughter, and I $32.00

Wednesdays boys baseball game son and i $16.00 + parking $5.00 =$21.00

Wednesday night softball, wife son and daughter and I $32.00

Thursday morning softball son and I $ 16.00

========$101 to see 4 games . TOO DAM MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this dose not include the cokes and the hamburger!!!! Its become a rich mans game. ha ha.

I understand what you are saying BUT you have 2 kids that is playing for a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP HOW SWEET IS THAT it is not everyday that one play for that opportunity I would much rather be playing than working the fields the last 3 days hopeing our guest have had a good time. And our boys would much rather be playing than chasing foul balls so yes it is expensive but how often do you get this opportunity