The New Region 7

RossviewFan

After some checking around, I have found out that their have been a few teams who had wrestlers working during the summer months with the Greco/Freestyle club "Knuckleheads".

Clarksville HS- had the Isbell brothers (Chad and Brandon), Michael Perry, Tyler Page, and Justin Morrissette.

Dickson Co.- had the Shepard brothers (Greg and Ryan) and Ben Knox... I also heard rumors they had a few guys down at the Greco/Freestyle club in Ashland City but this is unconfirmed.

Rossview HS- had Tyler Todd, Yusuf Yunis, Tyler Bond, Cary Miller, Anthony Henry, Devonte Arrington, Cameron Beatty, Ryan Cavin, and Patrick DeMilia.

Coach Woods from Harpeth said he had at an average 10 to 15 kids wrestling during the summer as well.

Lets hope this summer practicing pays off for all these guys and hopefully converts to wins... we shall see!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pin4the wind is pretty accurate in his latest post. Dickson did have kids at the Ashland City club over the summer in addition to other various camps. Rossview was very present over the summer at knuckleheads in addition to several in and out of state tournaments just getting the kids mat time. I think Rossview will surprise some people coming off a rebuilding year. Pretty much the entire team put a lot of time in during the off season. If you're expecting the same Rossview team from last year and taking for granted the kids ages, I think you are making a big mistake......they worked hard over the summer. Don't know about Harpeth. Clarksville will still be strong and are the team to beat.

• 1 month later...

Now that we are close to the beginning of the season and a few teams have been working during the off season... is everyone secure in their picks for this up coming season?

And how does everyone see the outcome for the weight classes for the up coming season?

Here are a few people that stand out to me (dont know what weight class they will wrestle):

** if I do not put you on the list it does not mean you are not good enough... it is more I am forgetful

Clarksville's

Cody Oliver

Chad Isbell

Hayden Jordan

Ren Baggett

Brandon Isbell

Beech

Travis Bolton

Zach Pickney

Justin Kleinert

Jonathan Roberts

Cheatham Co.

Don't know much about them

Northeast

Adrian Thomas

Northwest

Martin Leamon

Dandre Morrison

Taylor Cozine

David Bosanko

Wilford Morrison

Creekwood

Tim Waters

Jake Illig

Dickson Co

Greg Shepherd

Ryan Shepherd

Rakim Talley

Jamal Newsom

Fairview

Joey Leach

Harpeth

Wesley Sovine

Nick Cantrell

Damean Sawyer

Will Bradshaw

Hendersonville

Richard Burris

Austin Large

Jack Holcombe

Nick Newton

Thaxton Mead

Brett Jaeckel

Kenwood

Darion Pittman

Miguel Robles

Zach Brown

Mont Central

Grant Hill

Evan Ames

Matt Price

JB Parker

Ronald Parry

Rossview

Cary Miller

Anthony Henry

Patrick DeMilia

Alex Szczpaniac

Tyler Todd

Yusuf Yunis

Springfield, East Robertson, Greenbrier, Sycamore, West Creek, and White House I know really nothing about.

Well if anyone could help me fill in the rest of the boys I missed that would be great and if anyone has an idea at what weight class they will be in that would be great also.

Unfortuantely Jake Illig won't be with us this year. He tore his ACL out as a sophomore and missed his junior year. He tried to condition with us this year but was still having some issues and didn't feel like he could wrestle like that all year. Two other guys that have gotten dramically better over the summer are Jonah Wallick and Jacob Jordan. Good luck to everybody this year. Should be an exciting region this year.

You are right... i totally forgot about Maples... and he was a good one last season... will he be able to make it back down to 103 again this season?

103 class this season should be a good one for region 7.

Hendersonville has Ryan Treloar's younger brother

Clarksville Cody Oliver or Justin Morrissette

Beech has Travis Proctor

Rossview Gonzalez

Mont Central Maples

Northeast Stephan Buakhem (misspelled)

And I have heard Dickson Co. will have a 103 this season (so no more auto 6 points)

And that is just the ones I know of...

How about this... If Dickson fills 14 spots, they could be going to the state duals! :popcorneater:

HSDAD you are correct... I believe coachmebrown said the same thing in an earlier post. Dickson Co. will be/is a powerhouse in Region 7 and with the addition of a 103 and hwy will make them the team to beat in my opinion also. I did notice Greg Shepard and Ryan Shepard are both signed up for the CWC Tourney. Although I don't see how Greg will get down to 125lbs? Also, I have only seen about 7 or 8 wrestlers signed up for the tourney? Are the Beech, Rossview and Mt. Juliet teams, to include the Chattanooga teams, not getting involved into this tourney? (Guess this question should be addressed in that post thread)

Here is another name I have heard some noise about, Rossview's Ryan Cabin. The word is he has wrestled Mt. Juliet's Tanner Bates 4 or 5 times and has dominated most of those matches. Any word on if this is true or not?