Dyer County vs. Knoxville Catholic Updates

rtlcommish

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun watching Dyer Co play 4 games at Blackman. I didn't get to make it for the championship game, but I'm happy for the Dyer Co coaches, players and fans. They were a very solid team. Congratulations on winning the 2009 TSSAA AA State Championship. Everyone associated with Dyer Co showed a lot of class at all the games at Blackman. Have a safe trip home.

Congrats Knox Catholic on a great year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go Choctaws /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> We knew you could do it and we're proud of all of you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go DC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thing about Dyer Co is ..that it may not be over..Would be hard to beat this years bunch and unless another Dyer Co team wins state..probably won't be compared..Moving up in classification could play a role..But a few months ago Admom,and myself posted about Dyer Co and some of the players coming up..I posted that I thought Dyer Co had a chance to make some noise this year..maybe even make the State..But probably not win..My son has played all star baseball with most of these players and with a lot of the freshman that are at Dyer Co now..I really thought maybe in 2 years..When Colton Harris ,Andrew Massey,get to be juniors would be the year...Dyer Co has 3 pitchers that I've actually seen that are freshmen and sophomores that are pretty close to Colton Harris and Andrew Massey as far as pitching....A lot of talent that are sophomores placed 3rd in the state in summer baseball and some freshmen that won the state in summer ball playing along side Andre Massey..And a lot of them aren't playing ...I look for Dyer Co to be back tne next several seasons..But..this years bunch deserves everything they got..Have worked hard..Several of them go to basketball games with me and are great young men..Tyler Roberson is always ,Yes Sir and No Sir..Some have signed with colleges..Some will be back for 2,3 and 4 years..Congrats to Dyer Co..!

congrats to Dyer County. a great way to leave AA.

congrats to Knoxville Catholic on making it this far and a great season. good luck next year.

Congrats DC Choctaws !!! STATE CHAMPS YOU ARE !! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> We all are Proud of each and eveyone of you, coaches and parents !! WELL DESERVED 'NEVER SAY DIE BIG ORANGE !!

Congrats to KC on your great season.

Congrats Knox Catholic on a great year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to go Choctaws /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> We knew you could do it and we're proud of all of you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go DC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to play Choctaws!! Way to go DC!! We know you could do it .

I also just got back and all I can say is" WOW". What a preformance theses guys put on today. I'm so proud of theses guys I don't know what to do. They looked like the No1 team in the state today, and they proved it. Knoxville Cath. tried to keep us off balance and the did for half of the game. When the junk pitcher got in trouble with walks and hitting batters and was pulled out of the game, the Choctaw Tommyhawks got busy. I can't say enough about the freshman Harris,pitching in the State Championship game. He was lights out, most of the game. Not only did he win this game but also won an earlier game in the week. I don't know how anyone else feels about that, but that is awsome. JP Patterson did a fine job too winning two games himself. The team got together and decided this was a business trip not a pleasure trip. Great Job guys and you Seniors, Thanks for the memories.