Predictions for next year...

mightypoweredsnake

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreatGreenGrundleGrabber

I think Brentwood will be strong again next year.

They have many underclassmen coming back, especially in the offensive positions. Their defense should also be stout, anchored by 4 year captain Chase Hargis.

LC McNeil should also play an important part in the Bruin backline, as he is extremely strong in the air, despite being undersized and malnurished.

I don't know about Independence being as high as you have them. From seeing them several times this year, I didn't see any obvious offensive threats besides their leading goal scorer Chad Roberts (senior). I tend to think that their defense will be very solid but their offense may hold them up next year. I'd also have to think Brentwood will continue to be a strong team next year. They have both starting forwards returning, will have a strong returning defense, and have the tradition of being a top team as well. I like that you have Ravenwood up there. They have both starting center mids returning in addition to a strong upcoming junior class that should make a big impact next season.

I don't know about Independence being as high as you have them. From seeing them several times this year, I didn't see any obvious offensive threats besides their leading goal scorer Chad Roberts (senior). I tend to think that their defense will be very solid but their offense may hold them up next year. I'd also have to think Brentwood will continue to be a strong team next year. They have both starting forwards returning, will have a strong returning defense, and have the tradition of being a top team as well. I like that you have Ravenwood up there. They have both starting center mids returning in addition to a strong upcoming junior class that should make a big impact next season.

Yeah, i do not know too much about independance, i just heard that they were really young, i guess im wrong

Yeah, i do not know too much about independance, i just heard that they were really young, i guess im wrong

we are very young... we are probably going to have 7 sophmores on varsity next year, and 4 or 5 juniors and 4 very strong seniors...offense could be a struggle, but we also have kyle who's very strong and josh rohrer, who is a little scrappy player with a great shot that was out most of this season with surgery on his foot, which could be a problem for him.

1. Farragut-Great Junior Class

2. Ravenwood-Young team

3. Independance- Another young team

4. Hendersonville- Another good junior class, also has tradition of being good.

5. Bearden-Great tradition also

what do you think

This looks like the top five teams for next year. I would probably add Riverdale as number 6. I think I saw a post that indicated they had only two seniors this year.

Of course, everyone will likely be playing for second. Farragut will be too dominate next year.

we are very young... we are probably going to have 7 sophmores on varsity next year, and 4 or 5 juniors and 4 very strong seniors...offense could be a struggle, but we also have kyle who's very strong and josh rohrer, who is a little scrappy player with a great shot that was out most of this season with surgery on his foot, which could be a problem for him.

1. Farragut... not losing many players and obviously extremely strong this year waiting to see who wins state title today! Very well coached.

2. Brentwood... did amazing job coming on strong this year to be in state title match. handly beat ravenwood twice and others on young team... look for them to be strong next year. Also well coached

3. Hendersonville ... another team that came on strong and did well into the later part of the season

4. Franklin... senior class will try to pull it together for a stronger season possibly

5. Ravenwood... losing two? top scorers this year to graduation... middle could not stop brentwood when it counted this year... don't look for them to be as strong as they think...

these are all fun to just "suppose"... can't take it all too seriously as early predictions for THIS year did not come out to be accurate at all...

just have fun folks.

I understand that Clarksville is only losing 4 seniors and they were quite strong this year. I would probably pick them as the 6th or 7th best team in the state this past season over teams like Cleveland, LaVergne, and Kingsbury. Other than that I like your list.

I notice no west Tennessee teams represented in this list. Chime in out West as to who is going to have a breakout season or which powerhouse is going to be back in the driver seat.

I understand that Clarksville is only losing 4 seniors and they were quite strong this year. I would probably pick them as the 6th or 7th best team in the state this past season over teams like Cleveland, LaVergne, and Kingsbury. Other than that I like your list.

I notice no west Tennessee teams represented in this list. Chime in out West as to who is going to have a breakout season or which powerhouse is going to be back in the driver seat.

Well I dont know if any powerhouse will return...its possible Houston could they had a relatively young squad this year and will prob still be young next year but im not sold on them...Kingsbury definetly could be back...they will have their best player back i believe(#20) i think hes only a soph this year...White Station should be decent again...but other than that AAA out west isnt that great anymore...after last years '90 class they lost all the talent...all the west talent is now in the private schools...