Pre-Season Rankings

mjuhb

i think we play siegel this year but i have not seen the schedule

if so it will be the 1st time sence 05 the 2 teams have played

Yea, I think we have both Siegal and Riverdale on our schedule this year. I know our coach wanted to strengthen our non-district schedule to prepare for possible post season play.

My hat goes off to the Siegal coach because last year they had a pretty stiff non-district schedule. It's good to see that the better teams are starting to seek each other out and play during the reguler season.

Kudos to those coaches.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hey MJUHB good to see you back! Very good start with the list. I think you right with your aaa #1 Brentwood being the early favorite. They only lost a couple of seniors but they were good ones. Much of the Brentwood HS team is made up of the Brentwood u16 club team that is very good.

Siegel will have a good core of players but did lose 5 starting seniors that will be hard to replace. I still expect to see them in state contention. Riverdale will be interesting this year. They have a much more challenging schedule which should make them better by the end of the season.

7aaa will be more competitive this year with Smyrna in district and Oakland improving.

Looking to see many of the players in Murfreesboro this weekend for club state tournament.

Coach Arman stepped down as the girl's coach at Riverdale today. We will miss his intensity and his love of the game. Good Luck Coach.

Why?......

I spoke with Coach Arman this afternoon. He also coaches the boys and will remain the coach of the boys. (His older son was a freshman on the team this year). He also has a 3 year old and wants to spend time with his family. He has coached the girls for 11 years and basically has no free time when coaching both programs. For those that know him, know that he puts "everything" into his teams and that amounts to a considerable amount of time, energy, etc.

He just finished a successful boys season and is exhausted. We wish him well as he has been able to take the girls' team alot further than most would have estimated before the start of the seasons.

I spoke with Coach Arman this afternoon. He also coaches the boys and will remain the coach of the boys. (His older son was a freshman on the team this year). He also has a 3 year old and wants to spend time with his family. He has coached the girls for 11 years and basically has no free time when coaching both programs. For those that know him, know that he puts "everything" into his teams and that amounts to a considerable amount of time, energy, etc.

He just finished a successful boys season and is exhausted. We wish him well as he has been able to take the girls' team alot further than most would have estimated before the start of the seasons.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I was hoping it was something like that and not something he has done. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I agree the times that I have watched him coach he's a very intense coach.

Good luck to coach Arman, and enjoy that family...They grow sooo fast.

• 4 weeks later...

I think coniglio is saying these are not predictions of how things will finish, just where everyone should start considering last season and the changes since then with graduation/losses and new additions.

Maybe we need to let the new folks know that every year for the past 5 or 6 years MJUHB has released a girls soccer ranking list for each division on this forum. It's based upon his personal knowledge and research and he's pretty darn good at it too!!!

It has given many of us fodder to chew on during the season and its been fun to see the banter back and forth.

Although I will say to try to keep your criticism constructive and state your reasons you may disagree or agree in a respectful way. Because many of us really like to see MJUHB rankings and if you offend him too much.......well its up to him to post them or not.

The alternative is the Eurosportscoreboard.com rankings and we all know how goofy those can be during the season.