~Carter Green Hornets 2009~

Boy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts on the Carter High Green Hornets and what do You Think their Predicted Record will be? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1-9 Let's GO AE... hahahha Nah, but I say the Hornets will fare well until the Playoffs as usual.

Stopped by Spring practice 1 time. Put a pink green red yellow or whatever color jersey on Meady if he goes down its OVER. As the Big Green enters into the new era which we will refer to for next little while as LIFE AFTER 11 it has not started so well losing Smith didn't need to happen. For the last 7 years the 1 thing that Coach Woods had the luxury of was a QB that could manage to run 6 miles per night to get plays from the sideline and adjust enough to make them work(B Stanton-M Bounds-L.Stanton)seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty at this position heading into the season the word I'm getting is that Coach W has him a transfer that runs a sub 6 40 to hand it to Meady.With the schedule that has been put together IF MEADY STAYS HEALTHY Carter can win 7. The window is closing on Carter having a talent edge on the teams in their region and if history is correct as it usually is Carter only wins the games that they have a decided talent advantage in. Those will be become fewer over the next 3 yrs.GO HORNETS!!!!!

Stopped by Spring practice 1 time. Put a pink green red yellow or whatever color jersey on Meady if he goes down its OVER. As the Big Green enters into the new era which we will refer to for next little while as LIFE AFTER 11 it has not started so well losing Smith didn't need to happen. For the last 7 years the 1 thing that Coach Woods had the luxury of was a QB that could manage to run 6 miles per night to get plays from the sideline and adjust enough to make them work(B Stanton-M Bounds-L.Stanton)seems to be quite a bit of uncertainty at this position heading into the season the word I'm getting is that Coach W has him a transfer that runs a sub 6 40 to hand it to Meady.With the schedule that has been put together IF MEADY STAYS HEALTHY Carter can win 7. The window is closing on Carter having a talent edge on the teams in their region and if history is correct as it usually is Carter only wins the games that they have a decided talent advantage in. Those will be become fewer over the next 3 yrs.GO HORNETS!!!!!

You mentioned "...losing Smith..." what happened??? Who is this and what position did he play.

As a CAK fan, I'm looking forward to facing Carter's outstanding program in a "real game" this year. I enjoyed the 7 on 7 last year. Good luck this season!

QUOTE (Govolsknox @ Jun 17 2009 - 04:01 PM) this second quote is from the "Austin East is Fully Reloaded" topic

I think A-E handles Carter, Brainerd, Union County, Piegeon Forge, and Gibbs without breaking a sweat

If Carter has such an "outstanding program," how can Austin-East "handle Carter... without breaking a sweat?" I don't understand how you can give Carter praise in one topic, then disrespect them in another topic. I also have a problem with your use of the phrase "outstanding program." No disrespect to Carter, but their "outstanding [football] program" hasn't done anything in playoff football. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Carter has three playoff wins in school history. They have never won a second round playoff game. If this is an "outstanding program," what does the other end of the spectrum look like?

Govolsknox, I understand trying to be a good sportsman and giving respect to an opponent, but you have to be consistent.

If Carter has such an "outstanding program," how can Austin-East "handle Carter... without breaking a sweat?" I don't understand how you can give Carter praise in one topic, then disrespect them in another topic. I also have a problem with your use of the phrase "outstanding program." No disrespect to Carter, but their "outstanding [football] program" hasn't done anything in playoff football. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Carter has three playoff wins in school history. They have never won a second round playoff game. If this is an "outstanding program," what does the other end of the spectrum look like?

Govolsknox, I understand trying to be a good sportsman and giving respect to an opponent, but you have to be consistent.

I do think that AE has a great program, but they barely beat Carter last year, and shouldn't have.

Apparently the film of the game this year I saw was not what really happened in the ball game. It could have been a bunch of actors. You are right the mark of a good team is winning in close games. AE is a good team, it just seems since Coach Stephens left AE, AE has just not been able to get out of Region 2-3A of old either during playoff time. With all those athletes what could be the problem with AE?