14A

Humboldt58

These kids that transfered back will help lake county get to the state tournment. I think that add Cody, the swift kid and the kid from ill will give LC the most talent in the district.

Cody Taylor, Patrick, Ricky, Rafeal, Caleb, Hockett, Ron, The kidd from ill, and the swift kidd could be a very good rotation of players. And others like Kimble, B.J., and maybe the jones kidd will get some pt.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These kids that transfered back will help lake county get to the state tournment. I think that add Cody, the swift kid and the kid from ill will give LC the most talent in the district.

Cody Taylor, Patrick, Ricky, Rafeal, Caleb, Hockett, Ron, The kidd from ill, and the swift kidd could be a very good rotation of players. And others like Kimble, B.J., and maybe the jones kidd will get some pt.

I heard the kid that moved from Ill.looked to be a good shooter..I believe is around 6' to 6,1"..I also heard about the Swift kid..Is he the same onre that playerd either last year or the year before..I believe I heard someone say he was about 6'3..Maybe coming from Fulton Co?..The key will be Cody Taylor..If he is eligible..Lake Co should be able to make a run..and if he does play and counting these 3 along with the 7 Lake Co has coming back..should be able to go 10 deep and not miss a beat..!I believe Lake Co will be tough even without Cody Taylor..just not saying much until I know one way or the other..!

• 2 weeks later...

If Cody Taylor is eligible to play,we know Patrick and him will be two of the staters..Who you think will be the other 3?Rafael,Calius Hockett ,and Leron all started at times last year but I hear Ricky Boyd may start and Coach Whitby is very high on Caleb Bledsoe..Now with the other players moved in..going to be a stater or a couple starters coming off the bench!

If Cody Taylor is eligible to play,we know Patrick and him will be two of the staters..Who you think will be the other 3?Rafael,Calius Hockett ,and Leron all started at times last year but I hear Ricky Boyd may start and Coach Whitby is very high on Caleb Bledsoe..Now with the other players moved in..going to be a stater or a couple starters coming off the bench!

Hey bigster how about giving some of this love to the football team. Football players need some love too..All roses here and thorns for the football team......... :roflol:

Hey bigster how about giving some of this love to the football team. Football players need some love too..All roses here and thorns for the football team......... :wacko:

Ok speller..I'll try to do better !

• 4 weeks later...

1. Lake Co - too much talent, too many big kids

2/3. Humboldt - still a lot of talent

2/3. Union City - best coached team, very quick

4. Greenfield -well coached, lot of talented basketball players

5. South Fulton - Most everyone back and a good freshman class.

6. Halls - Most everyone back

7. Trenton - depends on how they shoot it, could be 5th

8. Bradford - very well coached but still probably a year or two away

Puff,

I think that you're right on the money with your comment. And, you're also right that Trenton could be better...depends on how the younger guys shoot the 3 this year. Also, Greenfield should finish fourth, but they do have a problem down low. They may have trouble with rebounding and guarding big players in the paint. One things for sure, with Lake Co. and UC and Humboldt losing so much from last year, they at least will be beatable this year. They will probably still be the teams to beat in the district...no doubt. But, I dont think that they will as dominate as last year.

Puff,

I think that you're right on the money with your comment. And, you're also right that Trenton could be better...depends on how the younger guys shoot the 3 this year. Also, Greenfield should finish fourth, but they do have a problem down low. They may have trouble with rebounding and guarding big players in the paint. One things for sure, with Lake Co. and UC and Humboldt losing so much from last year, they at least will be beatable this year. They will probably still be the teams to beat in the district...no doubt. But, I dont think that they will as dominate as last year.

Volfan..I see where you're coming from with those teams losing players..I know Humboldt lost 3 good ones..Lake Co lost Carlos Young,Dominic Kimble and Russel Avery..I could be wrong..just my personal opinion..I believe Lake Co will be better this year than last year..If all the pieces come together and stays together..Lake Co could have 1 or 2 players that started last year on the bench this year..Caleb Bledsoe,Leron Garret,Calius Hockett,Patrick Robertson,Rafael Tyler,Ricky Boyd are all back..Then add Cody Taylor to the mix..going to be some very good players..I feel the only 2 starters are Patrick Robertson and Cody Taylor..Rafael ,Hockett,and Leron Garret started a lot last year but word is Ricky Boyd and Caleb Bledsoe,both around the 6'2 to 6'4 mark have really improved and may start..I believe the starters will be Rafael Tyler,Leron Garret,Caleb Bledsoe,Patrick Robertson,and Cody Taylor..But with Calius Hockett,maybe being the best outside shooter ..he could be..Ricky Boyd also..Coach Whitby will probably start a different 5 just about every game ..with only Patrick Robertson and Cody Taylor ,in the lineup just about all the time..but with the other 3..could see about 6 more boys start and take turns alternating with them..Been hearing a lot about a Swift kid,someone named Devin..a transfer from Ill. or Ind..My son said he could shoot..Heard another player has transferred from Fulton Co..supposedely about 6'4..I believe Lake Co will suffer a lot of early losses or maybe a few..Suppose to play Brighton and J.C.M. in the Hall of Fame games..Don't believe that will happen..Coach Whitby has always played them in the past but last year he had Russell Avery,Leron Garret, and Calius Hockett..that didnt play football..This year..Patrick Robertson,Rafael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe,Ricky Boyd and Calius Hockett are all playing fotball and Taylor won't be eligible until after Christmas..So..Leron Garrett is the only player really that has played any minutes..Lake co will be strong when all the football players get back..but still..the teams we play in the first half will see a good team..the teams we play in the second half or after Christmas..will see a lot better team..!Most years Lake Co can go about 8 deep without much of a drop off..I look for them to play 10 to 12 this year..Wouldn't doubt this being the best team at Lake co if things work out right..We'll see !

Mr. Bigster,

If I'm remembering right, Humboldt lost 5 of their top 6 players, and UC lost 5 of thier top 6 players. That's losing a lot. Also, the boys you mentioned losing scored a lot of points for Lake Co. last year. Avery, Young, and Kimble are huge losses. But, I think that year in and year out, these three teams will always reload and be the teams to beat in our district.