U19

Champs: Brentwood Premier Real Madrid

Finalists: Nashville Metros

SemiFin: MidSouth

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some opponents (like PSA) of Chattanooga United say that mergers do not work because of lack of consistent coaching philosophy. I guess FC Alliance did not get that memo.

Just because you merge does not mean State Championships ...Ask TUSC or Tn United.

Now, The merging of Chatt. United was NOT done solely for competing for state championships. It was done to provide the players with the advantages of many soccer associations joining together, instead of the advantages of one.

Just because you merge does not mean State Championships ...Ask TUSC or Tn United.

Now, The merging of Chatt. United was NOT done solely for competing for state championships. It was done to provide the players with the advantages of many soccer associations joining together, instead of the advantages of one.

Merges can be good, but for a parent I like having choices for my child. Clubs like FC Alliance don't serve the entire community, they serve a select few with money and power. Politics reign!!

Merges can be good, but for a parent I like having choices for my child. Clubs like FC Alliance don't serve the entire community, they serve a select few with money and power. Politics reign!!

I agree that a community needs choices. The problem with Chattanooga soccer is that there are too many choices. The community is too small for 6 clubs resulting in some clubs having no teams at certain age groups. I think Chattanooga soccer will blossom with two good choices in East Ridge and United. Signal Mountain is also available for those not wanting to come down the mountain. PSA is available, too, though they only have 4 teams.

Some opponents (like PSA) of Chattanooga United say that mergers do not work because of lack of consistent coaching philosophy. I guess FC Alliance did not get that memo.

I think MIdSouth FC did get the memo. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> Merger is just a word. It's what's behind it that makes it work or not. In Memphis, kids left Fury to go to MFC or kids left MFC to go to Fury. Put them together (MidSouth FC) and kids leave to go to Rush or Lobos, because they've already left one of the "merged" teams and don't want to go back from which they had already escaped. IMHO /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Why do you feel that FC alliance doesn't serve the community? There is very little difference in power, money or politics in any of the clubs. It is there, to one degree or another. I'm not sure that clubs are 'service' driven anyway. Someone has a lot of work to do to organize, recruit players and coaches, maintain fields, handle parents, coach, and not to mention sacrifice time from their families to make it all happen. Like it or not, it comes down to a business and people having to make a living. That makes it expensive. Plus it is a 'luxury item'.......not a necessity. But then again if clubs don't make it happen for you there are always the AYSO teams. The bottom line is that even in cities as large as Nashville and Memphis, the player pool is limited. After age 14, even more so. Too many clubs add to the problem. FC alliance has several teams for each age group. I think with time they will fit more kids because of that. Also, the more advanced players will have a easier time being fluid within the club, rather than having more difficult time of making the big move to a new and strange club. IF you are on the 'A' team in a large club, you should have to work to stay there, and more kids in the club will push you to do so. If you are on the 'B' team, then hopefully hard work and desire may help you get to the A team if that's what you want.

I agree that a community needs choices. The problem with Chattanooga soccer is that there are too many choices. The community is too small for 6 clubs resulting in some clubs having no teams at certain age groups. I think Chattanooga soccer will blossom with two good choices in East Ridge and United. Signal Mountain is also available for those not wanting to come down the mountain. PSA is available, too, though they only have 4 teams.

Why did Redoubt 94 girls decide to leave Redoubt and join East Ridge?

I think MIdSouth FC did get the memo. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> Merger is just a word. It's what's behind it that makes it work or not. In Memphis, kids left Fury to go to MFC or kids left MFC to go to Fury. Put them together (MidSouth FC) and kids leave to go to Rush or Lobos, because they've already left one of the "merged" teams and don't want to go back from which they had already escaped. IMHO /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Word on the street (and from watching the Lobos tryouts), the MidSouth '92 and '94 girls' teams were not happy with the environment and are fleeing from the MidSouth umbrella. I have also heard that at least 6 players from the MidSouth '93 team have either quit or changed teams. Time will tell to see who signs on the dotted line. I'm not sure how the boys' teams turned out.

Watch for the Lobos to make a HUGE run at state in the girls' divisions next year...should be lots of talent!

Word on the street (and from watching the Lobos tryouts), the MidSouth '92 and '94 girls' teams were not happy with the environment and are fleeing from the MidSouth umbrella. I have also heard that at least 6 players from the MidSouth '93 team have either quit or changed teams. Time will tell to see who signs on the dotted line. I'm not sure how the boys' teams turned out.

Watch for the Lobos to make a HUGE run at state in the girls' divisions next year...should be lots of talent!

YEP!!!!! and watch for the U19 Lobos to get another shot at SRS. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

YEP!!!!! and watch for the U19 Lobos to get another shot at SRS. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

DEFINITELY....the U19 bracket will have some awesome play next year....wouldn't it be great to have a Lobos sweep in Murfreesboro for 2010!

What still amazes me is that ERSA has gone to the regional tournament two years in a row....although they have not finished in one of the top two state spots over the same two years....made the premier league at the right time three years ago and have benefitted ever since.

DEFINITELY....the U19 bracket will have some awesome play next year....wouldn't it be great to have a Lobos sweep in Murfreesboro for 2010!

What still amazes me is that ERSA has gone to the regional tournament two years in a row....although they have not finished in one of the top two state spots over the same two years....made the premier league at the right time three years ago and have benefitted ever since.

Out of curiosity, I am not sure what you mean by this, how does that work ?

David