Greatest Rivalry in Tennessee

Bill#49

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa vs Maryville. The rivalry of the RINGS.

Unless you have had the National Guard out to break up a Parade between the Jasper & SP, it just rivalry of the rings II. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Edit: Some schools in Blount County benefited when Walland and Lanier were closed! Walland still has more hardware and gold and silver balls etc. than most 1a schools and they have been closed since 1977.

Well fellers...... Old Pirate figured it's bout time to tell the youngons about the greatest rivalry in Tenn.

Now ccording to OP's great grand pappy this here feud got started shortly after SP became the manufacturing center point of this valley about 1902. It appears them SP fellers got to be well known as potential stud makers after working in them foundries. Them felines from Jasper would come down that old Jasper Hwy and try and bushwack them a stud maker to take a home with them. Didn't take very long OP recons them felines from SP went and grabbed them ther skillets and introduced them Jasper gals to whats them fellers had known for a right smart amount of time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You see.....being ther were a bunch of them ther skillets round town they throwed a bunch at them Jasper gals. Recon some found the way up the valley. Now you folks know how them felines feel bout them ther skillets. Corse they wanted them back. After them ballgames them felines would come out a swinging with the winner taking the stud home and the skillets. Well....... it is pretty easy too a see who went and got the studs. Them Jasper folks been feuding with SP ever since. Recon they bushwack one ever now and again but still looking for some stud makers in Jasper. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well fellers...... Old Pirate figured it's bout time to tell the youngons about the greatest rivalry in Tenn.

Now ccording to OP's great grand pappy this here feud got started shortly after SP became the manufacturing center point of this valley about 1902. It appears them SP fellers got to be well known as potential stud makers after working in them foundries. Them felines from Jasper would come down that old Jasper Hwy and try and bushwack them a stud maker to take a home with them. Didn't take very long OP recons them felines from SP went and grabbed them ther skillets and introduced them Jasper gals to whats them fellers had known for a right smart amount of time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You see.....being ther were a bunch of them ther skillets round town they throwed a bunch at them Jasper gals. Recon some found the way up the valley. Now you folks know how them felines feel bout them ther skillets. Corse they wanted them back. After them ballgames them felines would come out a swinging with the winner taking the stud home and the skillets. Well....... it is pretty easy too a see who went and got the studs. Them Jasper folks been feuding with SP ever since. Recon they bushwack one ever now and again but still looking for some stud makers in Jasper. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know about the rest of these Jasper guys on here but I came to South Pissburg and took me a feline back with me and so did TTP, so whats that say for the men down there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know about the rest of these Jasper guys on here but I came to South Pissburg and took me a feline back with me and so did TTP, so whats that say for the men down there? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Jest like them ther Jasper fellers a trying to up-grade the blood line a tad. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Recon them ther SP gals have some strong stud genes too, since they a come from one most likely. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP says it's kinda like breeding Mexican "mule" (had to edit) with a Tenn Stud, goin to produce some ackward youngons. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP says best thing for them ther Jasper fellers to do is perhaps pray none is x-eyed & Hope For The Best.

SORRY MODS, op asks for a little forgiveness......

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Jest like them ther Jasper fellers a trying to up the blood line a tad. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Recon them ther SP gals have some strong stud genes too, since they a come from one most likely. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP says it's kinda like breeding Mexican "mule" (had to edit) with a Tenn Stud, goin to produce some ackward youngons. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OP says best thing for them ther Jasper fellers to do is perhaps pray none is x-eyed & Hope For The Best.

SORRY MODS, op asks for a little forgiveness......

I don't know about that, OP... Them gal sports at SP have been weak for a long, long, time...

Now that is just a down right mean thaing for a feller from J-@ss-per to say. OP left out of his story how Jasper got the name for its mascot. It started out around 1908 as the Jasper Worriers and somewhere along the line, someone misspelled it.

Edit: The town got its name because of being the county seat. They were responsible for conducting the census which including figuring out important statistics such as how many Jack @sses Per mile there were.

OP, I'm afraid you have probably gone and started a brawl. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wonder how long before we see that moderator from Bridgeport High? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />