D2 - Class A Analysis

genesis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know that dca has a couple of young athletes that have alot of potential. The main one being colin johnston. He is their wide reciever, running back, everything boy. I know that dca has recruited some new players for next year, but I do not know about their talent level. This year will be an interesting year for dca after the loss of their starting qb braden anderson.

Have to agree about the excitement this year with more teams. Do not blame ECS and Webb for moving down. Numbers usually always win. How many students does MUS have? I wonder why the large school in memphis that plays DII AA does not win with their numbers? Is it christan brothers?

Per TSSAA, MUS has 828 students. Christian Brothers has 1,778

CBHS has under 900 students...

Still have not seen an answer to this question:

With 2 districts apiece in the East/Central and the West regions for DII-A, will only the district games count towards the district standings and thus towards playoff qualification? Or will all the region games played against teams from your region but in the other district count in the standings for the playoffs?

Example: Harding is in District 1-West. St. George's is in District 2-West. If they play each other will the game count towards their district standings and towards the playoffs or will Harding's games against only District 1-West opponents count towards the playoffs?

• 2 weeks later...

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

See page 5 of the PDF or scroll down

Here's the playoff format. Looks like East/Middle decided not to form 2 districts but the West is going with 2 distinct districts. Just one big region but not round robin for the East/Middle. Not sure still if games for West teams against the other district in the West will count in the standings...guess not.

Interesting to see that they aren't going to have a West champ and East/Middle champ meeting for the championship but are going to mix the two regions all through the playoffs.

---------------------------

In Class A, there will be an East/Middle and a West Region. The West Region shall be split into two districts.

There shall be twelve total teams that qualify for the football playoffs. The top three teams in each of the West

districts and the top six teams from the East/Middle Region shall qualify for the football playoffs. In the

East/Middle Region each team will play a seven game region schedule. The schools shall declare the seven

games which count towards region standings prior to the start of each season. To determine the place of each

team, follow the playoff series criteria as set forth in III E. The bracket shall be as follows:

1st round BYE-#1 East/Middle

#2 West District 1 (H)

#5 East/Middle

#3 East/Middle (H)

#3 West District 1

1st round BYE-#1 West District 2

1st round BYE-#1West District 1

#4 East/Middle (H)

#3 West District 2

#2 West District 2 (H)

#6 East/Middle

1st round BYE-#2 East/Middle

The higher seeded team in each bracket shall host until the championship round.

Have to agree about the excitement this year with more teams. Do not blame ECS and Webb for moving down. Numbers usually always win. How many students does MUS have? I wonder why the large school in memphis that plays DII AA does not win with their numbers? Is it christan brothers?

Per TSSAA, MUS has 828 students. Christian Brothers has 1,778

Those numbers are doubled because they are a single sex high school. Their actual enrollment is 1/2 of that number.

I did hear that ECS total enrollment is down some 20-30% this year. Not sure how that will play out as far as football. I would have to guess that ECS or USJ would be 1, followed by the other, then St. Georges

In looking at all the state rankings for the last 10 years Webb and ESC typically appear among the top 30 teams in the state regarding all classifications. They have played tough schedules year in a year out and both are always top 10 schools in their cities, Knoxville and memphis. They are actually moving down a division so anyone would have to put them at the front. FRA and DCA use to have strong programs in the late 90's, but im not sure how they have been of late. I hear the jackson school has had a few good teams aswell. I think ECS and Webb are quite a bit better than the old D2A teams that have played since 2005, but thats all i know. I think they should have kept Webb and ECS in D2's upper division.

ECS will hand Davidson their hat if and when they play this season. Christian Brothers is in the top seven of number of state championships in all sports in the state of Tennessee. This is remarkable considering they can't compete in girls sports for state titles, this number reflects only boys

sports which makes it even more remarkable. Don't forget to YOU TUBE when Davidson plays ECS, I will watch that. :o

In looking at all the state rankings for the last 10 years Webb and ESC typically appear among the top 30 teams in the state regarding all classifications. They have played tough schedules year in a year out and both are always top 10 schools in their cities, Knoxville and memphis. They are actually moving down a division so anyone would have to put them at the front. FRA and DCA use to have strong programs in the late 90's, but im not sure how they have been of late. I hear the jackson school has had a few good teams aswell. I think ECS and Webb are quite a bit better than the old D2A teams that have played since 2005, but thats all i know. I think they should have kept Webb and ECS in D2's upper division.

ECS will hand Davidson their hat if and when they play this season. Christian Brothers is in the top seven of number of state championships in all sports in the state of Tennessee. This is remarkable considering they can't compete in girls sports for state titles, this number reflects only boys

sports which makes it even more remarkable. Don't forget to YOU TUBE when Davidson plays ECS, I will watch that. :o

You maybe right....however you never know....I will never speak of something I am not familiar with....While you are in Cookville at the end of the year, why don't see for yourself? I mean while you are there anyway, you can................................oh....i forgot...your a Pope Guy. You probably will not be there. I will be happy to post for you. I suppose if I was due another O FER I would not be happy either. I respect every team and any team can be beat on a given night. Good luck to Pope as well.

No hard feelings stbulldog and hope you get to feeling better.

Have to agree about the excitement this year with more teams. Do not blame ECS and Webb for moving down. Numbers usually always win. How many students does MUS have? I wonder why the large school in memphis that plays DII AA does not win with their numbers? Is it christan brothers? ECS will hand Davidson their hat if and when they play this season. Christian Brothers is in the top seven of number of state championships in all sports in the state of Tennessee. This is remarkable considering they can't compete in girls sports for state titles, this number reflects only boys

You maybe right....however you never know....I will never speak of something I am not familiar with....While you are in Cookville at the end of the year, why don't see for yourself? I mean while you are there anyway, you can................................oh....i forgot...your a Pope Guy. You probably will not be there. I will be happy to post for you. I suppose if I was due another O FER I would not be happy either. I respect every team and any team can be beat on a given night. Good luck to Pope as well.

No hard feelings stbulldog and hope you get to feeling better.

You stated that you never comment on something you are not familiar with. But you have done it twice already. First of all where in heavens name did you get the idea that I am a JPII fan, you are the only poster that thinks that. I support the Fighting Irish at Father Ryan, always have, always will. If you are getting froggy, how bout a game between the cubs and Irish. I feel great, and good luck to the cubs err I mean bears, you are going to need it. Its not going to be as simple as trying to outscore other teams anymore, you got some big boys playing now. You are not in the parochial league anymore, but you may wish you were before the season is over. :o

• 2 weeks later...