Dobyns Bennett Football

GC (Gilligan Clark) had his only college D1 player off last years team transfer to him last summer and he had to work on his transripts too. He should have been working harder on getting the ball to him in a game that counts. Year after year, SOS. DB football and GC are like watching Gilligan's Island. Coach Gilligan will always find a way to blow it. 3 passes to to your best receiver in the playoff loss, and you really think he can get the ball to Steele? GC will work Chris to death. He will stay injured most of the season (I hope he doesn't) just like last year because GC will not use his bench. Chris stayed injured in track, he can not take the stupid call playing of DB football. If you wonder why Sylvester isnt %100 on football, just ask his brother. He played hurt many games, sometimes wanting to come out but the staff wouldn't take him out. GC bragged in the paper how hurt Chris was last year in a game, but still had him playing when the game was out of reach. A couple of teams will get DB this year, maybe more if Chris is out. Somebody needs to rescue DB football and Coach Gilligan. But we all know that will not happen until a few more years when he can get his son a scholarship. Any coach will figure out it is Chris run the ball and pass to Steele or Rusty, oops that was last year. Not enough speed,size or strength and same players playing the entire game and season, 8-2 with one of the rivals beating them. Playoffs? Does it matter, save yourself from the embarassment.

AMEN! Same song,same beat.Nothing has changed except the players. Sorry Batman.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC (Gilligan Clark) had his only college D1 player off last years team transfer to him last summer and he had to work on his transripts too. He should have been working harder on getting the ball to him in a game that counts. Year after year, SOS. DB football and GC are like watching Gilligan's Island. Coach Gilligan will always find a way to blow it. 3 passes to to your best receiver in the playoff loss, and you really think he can get the ball to Steele? GC will work Chris to death. He will stay injured most of the season (I hope he doesn't) just like last year because GC will not use his bench. Chris stayed injured in track, he can not take the stupid call playing of DB football. If you wonder why Sylvester isnt %100 on football, just ask his brother. He played hurt many games, sometimes wanting to come out but the staff wouldn't take him out. GC bragged in the paper how hurt Chris was last year in a game, but still had him playing when the game was out of reach. A couple of teams will get DB this year, maybe more if Chris is out. Somebody needs to rescue DB football and Coach Gilligan. But we all know that will not happen until a few more years when he can get his son a scholarship. Any coach will figure out it is Chris run the ball and pass to Steele or Rusty, oops that was last year. Not enough speed,size or strength and same players playing the entire game and season, 8-2 with one of the rivals beating them. Playoffs? Does it matter, save yourself from the embarassment.

Although I do agree with some of what you said Im ready to step back in line and get behind the team and all the coaches. And lets not stoop so low as to call coach Clark "Gilligan". That name is reserved for that goof ball over in Johnson City. (0-2) against Clark and the Indians by the way. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This is a new season about to start and DB will be behind the 8 ball right out of the gate. Clark has been a very good coach in the past. I think he did a good job the years that he got DB to the simi-finals. I can't fault him for losing to Red Bank in a monsone. Most people that had seen both teams will tell you that DB wins that one on a dry field. I can't fault him for losing to Riverdale in the Simi's. A mistake by a DB player on a punt cost the Tribe that one. Red Bank and Riverdale went on to win the State easly the very next week. So I think that Clark and DB would have 2 state championships under their belt if not for freak circumstances. The first round loses that draws all the hooplau has really hurt DB's reputation. The only first round loss that was understandable was the loss to William Blount. (can't remember the year). I thought Clark did a good job in 2007. They ended up losing to Farragut in the second round. Farragut was the better team so I had no problem with that. Last year something changed in Clarks play calling at half time of the Oak Ridge game. From that point on he coached like he was always saving something. The McMinn Co. game was a huge embarressment for the school, the coaching staff and the players. Even though that is old news now it will stick in the back of our minds forever. So this is a new year and Clark is our coach so lets get behind him and see how it goes.

You know if Coach Clark ever doesn't feel welcome at DB, we would be thrilled at Volunteer to have a coach that could get us 8 or 9 wins a year, even if we did get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All kidding aside, Coach Clark is a great coach, he always has his boys ready for the big games year after year. Hope the Indians have a good season and stay injury free.

Although I do agree with some of what you said Im ready to step back in line and get behind the team and all the coaches. And lets not stoop so low as to call coach Clark "Gilligan". That name is reserved for that goof ball over in Johnson City. (0-2) against Clark and the Indians by the way. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This is a new season about to start and DB will be behind the 8 ball right out of the gate. Clark has been a very good coach in the past. I think he did a good job the years that he got DB to the simi-finals. I can't fault him for losing to Red Bank in a monsone. Most people that had seen both teams will tell you that DB wins that one on a dry field. I can't fault him for losing to Riverdale in the Simi's. A mistake by a DB player on a punt cost the Tribe that one. Red Bank and Riverdale went on to win the State easly the very next week. So I think that Clark and DB would have 2 state championships under their belt if not for freak circumstances. The first round loses that draws all the hooplau has really hurt DB's reputation. The only first round loss that was understandable was the loss to William Blount. (can't remember the year). I thought Clark did a good job in 2007. They ended up losing to Farragut in the second round. Farragut was the better team so I had no problem with that. Last year something changed in Clarks play calling at half time of the Oak Ridge game. From that point on he coached like he was always saving something. The McMinn Co. game was a huge embarressment for the school, the coaching staff and the players. Even though that is old news now it will stick in the back of our minds forever. So this is a new year and Clark is our coach so lets get behind him and see how it goes.

WATCH OU WACO IS BACK IN TOWN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> THE FUN WILL NOW BEGIN FOLKS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You have some valid points but I will have to say this, Their is nothing embarassing about D-B football. Yes, the playoffs matter to our players and win or loose they will not be an embarrassment. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You're correct. Chris does'nt need to be in on special teams because he would hurt someone or worse even hurt himself. I have said since he was in middle school that he should play mostly on defense. He is a fullback type runner on offense but is a true middle linebacker on defense. He has been great on offense but i don't believe his future is to carry the rock. But, you never know, he looks a lot like Jamal Lewis, he could develop into a great runningback. I believe to do this he will have to improve his speed and have some workouts with a very good runningback coach who can teach him to run around people sometime instead of trying to bull everyone over. I've watched this young man since his days at the boy's club, and man what a talent. People from South always feel like they have the best players. Hey guys, if you had this kid you would have forgotten about all the others.

It's good to hear someone speak realistically about CS. I have only seen him play a couple of times. 3 coaches in the area echoed the same sentiment as I feel about him. He has potential and currently is good. As you allude to 91 he needs to grow his method. I don't feel he is D1 at RB. But many coaches recruit potential. He has many issues as a running back and these issues are glaringly evident on film. No one has taught him how to run the ball. He just does it. And does pretty darn good to not have had any technique coaching. I think all players that had to go up against him and coaches in NET will agree that Taylor Fletcher was the best RB to have come out of our area in some time. If CS had #15's technique coupled with his own bullishness then we would see a D1 RB. He will recruit better than #15 simply because he is black. That is not a racial slurr...it is just a cold hard fact. I wish him a stellar season as well as the Indians in general. But, Keenan Shephard is a force. And he is a RB with issues as well. But I see him correcting his problems and having a superb year. Don't discount Bobeye Taylor. He may not have the break away speed that the previous have but he has better technique than CS or KS. These 3 RB's will be a study in the position this fall for the students of the game.

This post is not intended to be combative and I hope anyone who replies will do so with Objective evaluation as the forefront of their intention. If we are to enjoy each others comments we should at least be able to speak freely of their pros and cons. After all...they are not in the NFL yet. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Glad to see you back on board Jack. Now, what 8 ball are the Indians behind? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's good to hear someone speak realistically about CS. I have only seen him play a couple of times. 3 coaches in the area echoed the same sentiment as I feel about him. He has potential and currently is good. As you allude to 91 he needs to grow his method. I don't feel he is D1 at RB. But many coaches recruit potential. He has many issues as a running back and these issues are glaringly evident on film. No one has taught him how to run the ball. He just does it. And does pretty darn good to not have had any technique coaching. I think all players that had to go up against him and coaches in NET will agree that Taylor Fletcher was the best RB to have come out of our area in some time. If CS had #15's technique coupled with his own bullishness then we would see a D1 RB. He will recruit better than #15 simply because he is black. That is not a racial slurr...it is just a cold hard fact. I wish him a stellar season as well as the Indians in general. But, Keenan Shephard is a force. And he is a RB with issues as well. But I see him correcting his problems and having a superb year. Don't discount Bobeye Taylor. He may not have the break away speed that the previous have but he has better technique than CS or KS. These 3 RB's will be a study in the position this fall for the students of the game.

This post is not intended to be combative and I hope anyone who replies will do so with Objective evaluation as the forefront of their intention. If we are to enjoy each others comments we should at least be able to speak freely of their pros and cons. After all...they are not in the NFL yet. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ok here's my reply with "Objective evaluation".

This is the worst post you've ever made. You must of been drinking with Otis last night. Sober up and get back to us.

I'm still laughing about the poster who said CS "looks a lot like Jamal Lewis." I hope that meant running style or something because physically the two look NOTHING alike. Jamal was one of the most freakishly gifted 18 year olds I've ever seen at the college level. Other than the fact Jamal brought another 40-50 lbs of solid muscle to the table and was faster than CS, yeah, they look a lot alike. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I love CS to death and think he has a chance to be a D1 recruit (if not at RB then another position) but let's not be insane here.

Chris S. is a force to handle its just most of the boys around hear don't want to handle it. Yes he was hurt a lot last year but when you run the ball 95 percent of the time then the opossing side knows were to go for the tackle (and I mean the whole team). Chris is a power house! Thats his style to power threw and that he does. The whole line folded on him last year and he still got his yards in. If D-B offense opened up more(which I think they will) Chris will be very, very hard to stop. Expecially in one on one play, Chris would be the one standing. I actually hope they do under estimate Chris, because he will capitalize on it. I'm sure you did not mean your comment to be racial but I will have to disagree, I don't think a college recruit will care if a kid is black or white. It's all about their talent and how they are ADVERTISED!

A BIG THANK YOU to Coach Clark and some local buisness people for donating a BUNCH of NEW footballs to the Kingsport Boys and Girls Club!

Also...

Sign-ups are underway for the KBGC 2009 Football Season! We have 3 divisions... Flag, Jr. Pee Wee, and Pee Wee. Last year we had over 350 children to participate in our program. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be playing on our BRAD NEW football field this year! DEADLINE to register in August 21, 2009! For more info call Worley at the KBGC at (423)230-4160.

VOLUNTEER COACHES are ALWAYS needed!