District 9-A

Eagles13

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does everyone think is the favorites in 9-A in '10? Who are some of the top returning players from 2009? Please comment back! I can't wait to see other people's opinions!

I can tell you are new to CoachT. CoffeeBreak and myself posted stuff all season long about 9-A and got 0 responses. Guess no one wants to step on toes on here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Allright Eagles 13, Cougarball, and coffebreak, let us start with some some good discussion on the first day of baseball practice. Beautiful day here in the Boro for baseball. A balmy 23 degrees with snow and ice covered field. Should be a pitchers dream. Hitters dont want to hit the ball in this cold.

What does everyone have returning this year? Who wins the district? What 2 teams will host the district tournaments? Lots of good stuff. Let the fun begin. :thumb:

Allright Eagles 13, Cougarball, and coffebreak, let us start with some some good discussion on the first day of baseball practice. Beautiful day here in the Boro for baseball. A balmy 23 degrees with snow and ice covered field. Should be a pitchers dream. Hitters dont want to hit the ball in this cold.

What does everyone have returning this year? Who wins the district? What 2 teams will host the district tournaments? Lots of good stuff. Let the fun begin. :roflol:

Stay warm and good luck im 2010

We lost two pitchers, out catcher and our second baseman but we have some pretty good kids to take their spots. I like our chances at Eagleville this year. I know Cascade, MTCS and Chapel Hill all lost some key players but I'm sure their coaches will have these spots filled as well. Unionville has a new coach, I don't know anything about him. Should be an interesting season.

Cascade loss two very good starting pitchers and a good relief man. Anyone close to the program knows we had at least eight guys who saw time on the mound last year so we should be able to fill the void. Starting infield and catcher return along with two outfielders who had several starts. I can't see much of a dropoff from the team that made a deep run in the State tournament last year. Until someone proves otherwise I don't see how you could pick against Cascade.

Here is the way that I see it as a broad overview. As far as I know all of the teams lost quite a bit of talent. Some more than others, some lost pitching while others lost fielders. I do think think it should make for a great season and a great opportunity for some young guys to step up and fill a void. I know at MTCS we have a lot lot of young talent with potential, I know eagleville has a bunch of kids and the last few years have been a scrappy bunch. Cascade is Cascade, Bassham will have them ready and it will always be tuff game. Not sure about Forrest as they lost 2 big seniors last year. I do not know alot about Moore County(other than I hope that the fried pie guy is still on the square when we go down there to play). Also Huntland is a mystery. As the season starts I am sure that the word will travel on the up and coming players and the returning ones to watch out for. Should make for a great season.

I still think pitching will be a big part of these games. Would not surprise me if we see a lot of 4-3,5-4,3-2, games. Might come down to whoever plays small ball best wins.

I cant wait.

:x

Cascade loss two very good starting pitchers and a good relief man. Anyone close to the program knows we had at least eight guys who saw time on the mound last year so we should be able to fill the void. Starting infield and catcher return along with two outfielders who had several starts. I can't see much of a dropoff from the team that made a deep run in the State tournament last year. Until someone proves otherwise I don't see how you could pick against Cascade.

C11 - Brown and Mullins were great last year, threw lots of district innings and basically shut teams down. I think everyone in the district is hoping there is at least a little drop-off.

I bought my boy a pair of snowshoes for baseball this year!

C11 - Brown and Mullins were great last year, threw lots of district innings and basically shut teams down. I think everyone in the district is hoping there is at least a little drop-off.

I bought my boy a pair of snowshoes for baseball this year!

I think Carcuff, Bishop, Saylor, and Rippy. (Sure I'm leaving some out) will pick those innings up. Expect a dropoff to start the season, but they should be strong at the finish. I heard Comstock is going to be helping the pitchers more this year and that will show up quickly.

I THINK MTCS MAY BE THE SURPRISE IN THE DISTRICT. THEY HAVE SEVERAL RETURNING PLAYERS THAT WILL BE AN IMPACT IN ALL GAMES. SENIORS ROSS PEPPER, AND ETHAN ANDERSON ARE CONSISTENT AND HARDWORKING.THEY ARE THE LEADERS AND ROLE MODELS FOR THE COUGARS.

THE SAME AS OTHER TEAMS IN THE DISTRICT , THEY WILL RELY ON YOUNGER KIDS TO STEP UP AND PRODUCE. WE ARE ALL EXCITED ABOUT THIS YEAR.