Anderson Co.

Space3

how many players won Mr.Football on those teams?

Who won it on the other team? If you are trying to talk about the Price kid come on. He was a good player I won't take that away from him. He quit what 2 or 3 times in college because he wasn't good enough to play. Those teams can not match the speed or power of the mid 90 teams. We are talking about teams not 1 player.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who won it on the other team? If you are trying to talk about the Price kid come on. He was a good player I won't take that away from him. He quit what 2 or 3 times in college because he wasn't good enough to play. Those teams can not match the speed or power of the mid 90 teams. We are talking about teams not 1 player.

I think PUNISHER is talking about teams, too. The Price kid was good enough for a MR. FOOTBALL title. We are talking about high school not college. If you want to talk about speed, Kenny Patterson and Frank Phillips come to mind. I could have swore when Patterson caught a hitch down the sideline, I saw blue smoke come off the back of his heels as he ran away from a Fulton defender. I believe he ran about a 4.3 maybe 4.2 40. If you want to talk about strength, I'll put the 2001-2002 team against any in the region for that matter, let alone one of AC's best. Just ask ANYBODY they played against in the region. They said"We're running the ball this way..." and by grannies they did. Adam Coleman, Travis Jacks, to name a few, were as hard nosed as any football players I've EVER seen. Period. Mean, too. Believe me, Justin Price realizes his Mr. Football title was not just of his contributions on the field, he had a LOT of help from his teammates.

dude how come the 01 team set every offencive record other than the rushing part! Your teams are good, not great. probably in two years combine the 01 team still would have at least half the offencive yards. did i mention that we also broke ticket sales also.

dude how come the 01 team set every offencive record other than the rushing part! Your teams are good, not great. probably in two years combine the 01 team still would have at least half the offencive yards. did i mention that we also broke ticket sales also.

Your teams played n 3A with the same amount of students that the older teams had. How far did your teams make it in the playoffs. How high were they ranked. What was their final ranking. In 96 they were #1 and finished #3 or #4 in 4A. No way those little cats could run and handle Kerr, Alley, Rowland, Tackett, Cross, Camp. None of them could catch Larue. I am talking about a team that went 99 yards against a Cleveland team that had never lost a game. 3 State Title, SR's were unbeaten. Avg over 35 points a game and was shut down. Not to take away from your teams, they were good for 3A but not against the big boys like the mid 90 teams played.

Your teams played n 3A with the same amount of students that the older teams had. How far did your teams make it in the playoffs. How high were they ranked. What was their final ranking. In 96 they were #1 and finished #3 or #4 in 4A. No way those little cats could run and handle Kerr, Alley, Rowland, Tackett, Cross, Camp. None of them could catch Larue. I am talking about a team that went 99 yards against a Cleveland team that had never lost a game. 3 State Title, SR's were unbeaten. Avg over 35 points a game and was shut down. Not to take away from your teams, they were good for 3A but not against the big boys like the mid 90 teams played.

Perhaps it's my age, but I've got to agree with you. I have a little personal knowledge about how good the AC team was in 96. Halls was VERY good then (and never should have lost to Pearl Cohn). When there were fewer classifications it was a tougher row to hoe.

Halls beat AC twice in 96, regular season 14-7, semis 21-7. How can a fair catch illegal or legal make the score 21 -7. I wish somebody had the stats for that semi final game cause I think we held there star RB under 100 yards both time we played em. And I know there hole OL and DL didnt bench on or about 400 pounds. Kerr might have benched 310-315 at most. We had some of the strongest players in history at Halls, BIG Stacey, DJ, Saterfield. May those guys all benched over 325 pounds. Yea, your right we shouldnt have lost to Pearl Conn, neither should have Maryville the next year.

How many times have AC gone to the title game - ZERO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA. Even when they dropped down to a lower class they still couldnt make it to the big game - well I gues some made it to watch but they didnt play!

Halls beat AC twice in 96, regular season 14-7, semis 21-7. How can a fair catch illegal or legal make the score 21 -7. I wish somebody had the stats for that semi final game cause I think we held there star RB under 100 yards both time we played em. And I know there hole OL and DL didnt bench on or about 400 pounds. Kerr might have benched 310-315 at most. We had some of the strongest players in history at Halls, BIG Stacey, DJ, Saterfield. May those guys all benched over 325 pounds. Yea, your right we shouldnt have lost to Pearl Conn, neither should have Maryville the next year.

How many times have AC gone to the title game - ZERO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA. Even when they dropped down to a lower class they still couldnt make it to the big game - well I gues some made it to watch but they didnt play!

Yea, and what the heck has HALLS done since Larry Kerr left?..... Exactly! so shut up and dont comment on this thread anymore! This is a great thread and dont need to be ruined by you, and its a good thing that halls wasnt in that 3a region, because they get beat by AC, FULTON, A-E, KINGSTON, AND CATHOLIC! WHAT ROUND PLAYOFFS DID YOU GET TO LST YR? THATS RIGHT! HALLS DIDNT GET IN DID THEY?

If that 4a region was so great! how many state championship did those teams from that region win? 2001 A-E, 2002 Fulton lost ,2003 Fulton won. 3yrs 01-03 two teams won it, and one played twice in it, and your goin to try to compare that with your so called great 4a region? i was part of a mircale, the only team as county champs, a region champ, 3rd and 2nd round playoffs and finished top 3 in the state, and set and broke more school records than those teams ever did. oh! we were also the only team to go UNDEFEATED @ HOME IN 02!

Hands down there is no question that Anderson County played there best football 95-97 and no doubt about it at all they played in one of the hardest conferences during those years. Halls went to the State championship game and nearly won it. So it will be hard to compare any past team during those years. The point is can they better themselves beginning this year?

If that 4a region was so great! how many state championship did those teams from that region win? 2001 A-E, 2002 Fulton lost ,2003 Fulton won. 3yrs 01-03 two teams won it, and one played twice in it, and your goin to try to compare that with your so called great 4a region? i was part of a mircale, the only team as county champs, a region champ, 3rd and 2nd round playoffs and finished top 3 in the state, and set and broke more school records than those teams ever did. oh! we were also the only team to go UNDEFEATED @ HOME IN 02!

Again teams that are in 3A. Did you not see where AC scrimmaged AE and the starters only played about 10 plays. That year AE we to the Qrts or Semis so can't say they were not that good. I also believe Maryville started going to the state and putting together their dominate play in '97 which AC beat them that year. So in 4A Halls went to state in 96 (AC semis,which none of your teams made it) and Maryville went in 97. The 96 team made farther in the playoffs in 4A than any other AC team has in any division. By the way you don't go to the 2nd and 3rd round and "finished top 3 in the state". The 96' team DID finish 3rd.

Again teams that are in 3A. Did you not see where AC scrimmaged AE and the starters only played about 10 plays. That year AE we to the Qrts or Semis so can't say they were not that good. I also believe Maryville started going to the state and putting together their dominate play in '97 which AC beat them that year. So in 4A Halls went to state in 96 (AC semis,which none of your teams made it) and Maryville went in 97. The 96 team made farther in the playoffs in 4A than any other AC team has in any division. By the way you don't go to the 2nd and 3rd round and "finished top 3 in the state". The 96' team DID finish 3rd.

once again how many teams won it all from that region in that 3yr period! your 96 team was good, and did a awesome thing by beating cleveland, but no way, on gods green earth they would of ever pulled off what the 01 team did to fulton! remember this the 96 team put AC on the map, but the 01 team put it back on the map! it would be great to see them play each other, but at the end of the day were all still part of the herd!