Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those really upset over this, I'd like to see their top 25, in order, then 25 more in alphabetical order-without missing anyone who's been offered or even talked to by a Division I coach (add 25 or 50 more in alphabetical order if needed). Don't forget, you're judging from Bristol to Memphis, Lake County to Copper Basin.

I'll check back later for the lists.

Those really upset over this, I'd like to see their top 25, in order, then 25 more in alphabetical order-without missing anyone who's been offered or even talked to by a Division I coach (add 25 or 50 more in alphabetical order if needed). Don't forget, you're judging from Bristol to Memphis, Lake County to Copper Basin.

I agree

I can't answer that because I haven't seen a lot of the girls from middle and east tenn..I'm sure that would be the problem for most fans..People from East Tenn has never seen Molly Wallsmith,T.T. Flowers etc..I have seen most of the West Tenn players and teams..Gibson Co. Pioneer and some others will say Heather Bulter is better than T.T. And probably have a legimate claim..T.T. is very good as a sophmore..but just that a sophmore..She's going to get better..I saw Pioneer posted he thought Butler was better than T.T...I also see that Molly Wallsmith is in the best of the rest or the next 25..I believe Griffin from Gibson Co was somewhere in the top 20 and Reedy in the next 25..Does Pioneer think both of these players are better than Wallsmith..I would personally pick T.T. over Wallsmith but I could see a lot of people going with Molly also..Both are terrific players..I believe Molly is a better shooter maybe while T.T. is a lot faster and plays better defense..But I'd love to have both of them ..Butler was very impressive the few games I saw Gibson Co..But so was everyone on the team..Gibson Co is able to play in and out..If you go inside they can hurt you but if people converge or collaspe to help out,leaves Butler open..Butler is a good shooter so that gives her very good looks..T.T. has to create just about everything she does by herself..I'd love to see T.T. and Butler go at it one on one..Both have great speed and T.T. is strong at getting to the goal..G.C. Pioneer has posted that T.T. doesn't dribble the ball well with her left hand..A lot of teams haven't been able to take advantage of that for some reason and the Bolus ratings have her pretty high..I'll make sure the next time I watch Gibson Co play..pay a lot of attention to Butler..How much she uses her right and left hand..plays defense..etc..I see a lot of times Butler will have 25 points and another top guard may have 10..But that player on the other team may have had to try to help out down low and Gibson Co fire the ball back out to Butler for an open look..

I can't answer that because I haven't seen a lot of the girls from middle and east tenn..I'm sure that would be the problem for most fans..People from East Tenn has never seen Molly Wallsmith,T.T. Flowers etc..I have seen most of the West Tenn players and teams..Gibson Co. Pioneer and some others will say Heather Bulter is better than T.T. And probably have a legimate claim..T.T. is very good as a sophmore..but just that a sophmore..She's going to get better..I saw Pioneer posted he thought Butler was better than T.T...I also see that Molly Wallsmith is in the best of the rest or the next 25..I believe Griffin from Gibson Co was somewhere in the top 20 and Reedy in the next 25..Does Pioneer think both of these players are better than Wallsmith..I would personally pick T.T. over Wallsmith but I could see a lot of people going with Molly also..Both are terrific players..I believe Molly is a better shooter maybe while T.T. is a lot faster and plays better defense..But I'd love to have both of them ..Butler was very impressive the few games I saw Gibson Co..But so was everyone on the team..Gibson Co is able to play in and out..If you go inside they can hurt you but if people converge or collaspe to help out,leaves Butler open..Butler is a good shooter so that gives her very good looks..T.T. has to create just about everything she does by herself..I'd love to see T.T. and Butler go at it one on one..Both have great speed and T.T. is strong at getting to the goal..G.C. Pioneer has posted that T.T. doesn't dribble the ball well with her left hand..A lot of teams haven't been able to take advantage of that for some reason and the Bolus ratings have her pretty high..I'll make sure the next time I watch Gibson Co play..pay a lot of attention to Butler..How much she uses her right and left hand..plays defense..etc..I see a lot of times Butler will have 25 points and another top guard may have 10..But that player on the other team may have had to try to help out down low and Gibson Co fire the ball back out to Butler for an open look..

I really hope this T.T. girl has a good head on her shoulders. She is extremely young to be a sophomore.

The continual posts that are being made on this board, EVERY thread, about how good she is I am afraid, is just making the target on her back larger and larger. I do not know her, and not very familiar with Lake County even, but before I ever open ANY thread on girls basketball, I start thinking that the first thing I see is going to be something about T.T. I wish her well and hope she lives up to everyone's expectations, but geez you all are heaping it on this child.

I can't answer that because I haven't seen a lot of the girls from middle and east tenn..I'm sure that would be the problem for most fans..

No one would expect you or anyone else to, that's why the uproar over a few missing names or some

"out of order" is silly. Another thing, it would be like putting together an Alabama or Georgia list since he's doing this from Kentucky.

LOL, watch Butler.... She plays great defense, uses her left hand alot (passing, layups, dribbling etc...), and can score at will and that's evident by the state tournament appearances she had. I don't think she even averaged 20 a game during the season, I'm guessing around 16-17 PPG. She's a team player and creates openings for other players to feed off of, especially the post players. She makes very few mistakes with the ball and does not force many shots. By the way, the AAU team she was on (TNWings) just finished 8th in the nation down in Orlando earlier this week.

I'm not knocking TT because she's an outstanding player. That was just the main thing I noticed with her last year when I saw them play was that she didn't like to use her left hand. She may have worked on that over the summer for all I know. I haven't gotten to see her play. There's no doubt she will have a phenominal career at Lake Co. and could probably go down as one of the best to come through there. Her speed and athleticism is not something every player is gifted with and she is definately taking advantage of it! Good luck to her over the next 3 years!!!!!

movinonup, the hype is legit! The girl is extremely good.

As for Heather Griffin, she's headed D1. She's very tough to stop and very strong!

LOL, watch Butler.... She plays great defense, uses her left hand alot (passing, layups, dribbling etc...), and can score at will and that's evident by the state tournament appearances she had. I don't think she even averaged 20 a game during the season, I'm guessing around 16-17 PPG. She's a team player and creates openings for other players to feed off of, especially the post players. She makes very few mistakes with the ball and does not force many shots. By the way, the AAU team she was on (TNWings) just finished 8th in the nation down in Orlando earlier this week.

I'm not knocking TT because she's an outstanding player. That was just the main thing I noticed with her last year when I saw them play was that she didn't like to use her left hand. She may have worked on that over the summer for all I know. I haven't gotten to see her play. There's no doubt she will have a phenominal career at Lake Co. and could probably go down as one of the best to come through there. Her speed and athleticism is not something every player is gifted with and she is definately taking advantage of it! Good luck to her over the next 3 years!!!!!

movinonup, the hype is legit! The girl is extremely good.

As for Heather Griffin, she's headed D1. She's very tough to stop and very strong!

I agree with you Pioneer..The times I watched Butler,she played very well..But I was actually please with your girl down low..That must have been Griffin..I know it wasn't Reedy..Seems to jump pretty well also..Also in your reply to movinonup..I gree with both of you..T.T. has played pretty well and a lot of the hype or most of it has been from me..A lot of that was because most have her as one of the top freshmen last year..She led Lake Co all year..played well in the state tournament as a freshman and just turned 14 I believe,,But didn't make the Writers all state team..Like Pioneer said..she is legit..She still has things to work on..should get better with 3 years left..But she hustles all the time..The other thing I think she needs to work on is she likes to go down the middle a lot and sometimes draws unneccesary charges..Still a lot of things can happen..especially with girl players..and I don't mean that in a bad way altogether..grades..boyfriends..and a couple or at least one other thing..I don't think T.T. will fall into any of those catergory's but never can tell..!As for not knowing much about Lake Co..Still a very young team..mostly sophmores and freshmen..May be another year away from really making their statement.!

Griffin is the more athletic one between our 2 post players. Don't let Aubrey Reedy fool you though. She's extremely tough and strong with and without the ball. Her and Griffin play great together down there in the post and they both know where the other is at all times.

Aubrey Reedy's little sister, Tori Reedy, is going to be phenominal at GC over the next 4 years. She'll be a Freshman this year and could get playing time on the varsity if she keeps working hard. She's very tough to stop and is very strong for her age. I look forward to seeing how she progresses at GC over the next 4 years. She's a great talent for sure!

I wouldn't pretend to be able to do this, I just wish others who say they can wouldn't pretend they could either. If I did, I surely couldn't completely omit ESPN's 44th ranked player in the nation from a list of Tennessee's supposed best.

ESPN's "Hoopgoob's" list is just as bad as Bolus's..........the lists are all about the ties you have to AAU/Travel clubs and has very little to do with the kind of player you are. Ask all the high school coaches and 90% of them will tell you they have never been contacted about any of the so-called "experts" about their players. Everyone in the women's game has gotten all caught up in the "Hoopgoobs"/Ratings hoopla and forgotten that there are good players all across the state. There are kids in Bolus's top 10 that Hoopgoobs doesn't even rate.

The ratings don't mean much in my opinion. Just my two cents worth........ :D

ESPN's "Hoopgoob's" list is just as bad as Bolus's..........the lists are all about the ties you have to AAU/Travel clubs and has very little to do with the kind of player you are. Ask all the high school coaches and 90% of them will tell you they have never been contacted about any of the so-called "experts" about their players. Everyone in the women's game has gotten all caught up in the "Hoopgoobs"/Ratings hoopla and forgotten that there are good players all across the state. There are kids in Bolus's top 10 that Hoopgoobs doesn't even rate.

The ratings don't mean much in my opinion. Just my two cents worth........ :D

Amen!