any guys to keep our eyes on?

VOID70

LETS GO PEOPLE. WHO SHOULD WE WATCH FOR??!

I might be going out on a limb, but I think Tate Darymple from Bolton is going to be a tough one next year. He gave up a ton of weight last year (he weighed 88lbs for a couple of matches), but I heard that he broke 90lbs earlier this summer. If he gets up to 95-98 by the season start he is going to be tough on anybody.

His dad wasn't a bad wrestler himself back at Deshler High School in the early 80's.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these west Tennessee wrestlers this year. We, in middle Tennessee and the other parts of the state don't usually get to see these guys. Collierville, Bartlett, White Station, and Bolton will all be at our January 16th regular season tournament. We're really glad these guys committed to our tournament and hope they'll keep coming back.

Ravenwood should have alot of wrestler to watch for this season with alot of kids coming up from sunset middle putting back the group of kids that went 10 and 0 lots of light weights like Jacob Travis- Jacob Freeman are just a few and with the return of David Chege -Brian Kiefer- Johnathan Mabry -Brian Ward- Cody Stewart 160-Donovan Freeman at 152 -Dillion Yeager- Harrison Hawthrone this will not only be a team to watch for but also alot of guys to watch out for as individuals - also i expect to see alot from Brandon Brunner with tallahoma at 103 this year as well as Parker Smith Cenntenial high and lets not forget Caleb little of Independance all in all middle tenn is starting to bring the level up in our great sport

To mythreewrestlers

Thanks for the good words about my son Brandon Brunner. We are looking forward to high school wrestling.

Ravenwood should have alot of wrestler to watch for this season with alot of kids coming up from sunset middle putting back the group of kids that went 10 and 0 lots of light weights like Jacob Travis- Jacob Freeman are just a few and with the return of David Chege -Brian Kiefer- Johnathan Mabry -Brian Ward- Cody Stewart 160-Donovan Freeman at 152 -Dillion Yeager- Harrison Hawthrone this will not only be a team to watch for but also alot of guys to watch out for as individuals - also i expect to see alot from Brandon Brunner with tallahoma at 103 this year as well as Parker Smith Cenntenial high and lets not forget Caleb little of Independance all in all middle tenn is starting to bring the level up in our great sport

To mythreewrestlers

Thanks for the good words about my son Brandon Brunner. We are looking forward to high school wrestling.

Watch out for the CoachT bullies!!! But from me:> Good luck to your wrestlers as well as to your son at 103 Brandon Brunner. I will keep an eye on him!

On the DII side of things, Baylor will be strong as always. They always have a way of reloading. Father Ryan, McCallie and the Brothers will still be behind Baylor trying to figure out who will be in second. I've heard several times that the Brothers have a strong frosh class coming in this year. Does anyone from the west have any details?

On the DII side of things, Baylor will be strong as always. They always have a way of reloading. Father Ryan, McCallie and the Brothers will still be behind Baylor trying to figure out who will be in second. I've heard several times that the Brothers have a strong frosh class coming in this year. Does anyone from the west have any details?

Just a note but one of the three teams you listed as fighting for second did manage to knock off Baylor in the state individuals last year. They won't be unbeatable. Tough to beat, yes... unbeatable, no.

CBHS does have a very good freshman class coming in but the vast majority of them are not expected to see the starting line-up this year. That said I would put it up against any other freshman class coming in this year in a heartbeat, but then again I am a bit biased :lol:.

Have to add in Brandon Greer of Antioch in that 103/112 category. Remember he defeated both those guys on the list in route to a 40 win season. State draw sucked, or IMO he would have placed.

Brandon Greer is a good wrestler ; but the question is how was his state draw that bad ...I went back and looked at the brackets and didnt see him face anyone tougher than any of the other state placers.

All 6 state placers @ 103 were solid wrestlers ...kinda suprised someone would use excuses for there guy not placing.

Greer beat Dalrymple

Loss to Maxwell

Beat Keeling

Loss to Mullins

1 Pitts lossed to Noone beat gardner heath vankham kermick maxwell

2 Maxwell lost to Pitts beat Keeling Greer Mullin alvarado

3 Avarado lost to Maxwell beat pennington bates shaffner martin mullin

4 Mullins lost to Maxwell and Alvarado beat maples aumen greer bates kermick

5 Kermick lost to Pitts and Mullins beat burris martin bradley martin

6 Martin lost to Kermick and Alvarado beat beaty burris bradley gardner

Never use excuses, just a bad draw for a good season. If you look at his qtr bracket, two guys placed in the top 4 in the state. Not going to get into all of this. All I am saying is watch out for him this season. If he gets down to 103, might be a good bet to win it all.

Baily Jones (Cleveland)

Marvin Lopez (Cleveland)

Bradley Colbuagh (Bradley)

Trevor Herron (Bradley)

Vince Augilar (Bradley)

Tyler Pitts (Bradley)

Tucker Bolton (Bradley)

Campbell Lewis (Soddy Daisy)

Isiah Simpson (Walker Valley)

OK ........ Why would you leave off Chris Augilar and Ethan Hames?

^_^

any idea what weight Augilar will be at? he medaled at state at 145 but was a pretty solid 180 at the freestyle tournaments i saw him at.

While I don't know what weight Aguilar will be at this next season I do know he was as low as 160 for the Southeast Regions this summer.