Class 5A Coaches Poll

Guest catsvoice

Your questioning my knowledge? Ok bud two can play this game. What about you how much do you really know about east tenn. teams, the reason most didnt reach to far in the playoffs is because maryville and also who...yep thats right west if it wasnt for maryville, the past two years west would have easily been a 3rd 4th round team now that the big bad bullies maryville have gone up let the other easy tennessee teams show you how high school football is over here. Trust me when I say were more then ready to pick up the slack.

Yeah, I question your knowledge...big time!

You said Melrose had no athletes....haha! Not very intelligent.

You questioned Gallatin, then when I replied you gave me a "Maryville and also who..yep thats right West". Uhhh...Maryville yes ...West no. West's best year this decade has been 7-4 in 04'. Last year ya'll went 4-6. West is no East State power my friend. In fact West has had only 3 winning seasons over the past nine. Dude Gallatin has been winning region titles this past decade with undefeated regular seasons....why are you comparing the Wave with ya'll. Come on my friend, look at who has been winning titles in this state at the highest classification...middle Tenn teams. Maryville is a power but West is not making anybody in East Tenn shake. And definitely not in middle.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton has more weapons than just the QB. They have one of the best RB (Westin Hazelhurst) and TE (Joel Chapman) in the district! Now i will say that Clinton's defense has given up way too many yards over the years and they will be using a different type of defense this season. But Clinton hasnt won anything yet......i still think favorites to win the district or not......Clinton just needs to show up and take care of business and try not to let all the talk about being favorites go to their heads!! Anything can happen, thats why we play the game!

Well why did you guys not play Catholic? They were needing games and since you guys have all this talent you should have played them. Like they say, put your money where your mouth is.

Well why did you guys not play Catholic? They were needing games and since you guys have all this talent you should have played them. Like they say, put your money where your mouth is.

I guess because Dobyns-Bennett and T.C. Roberson, NC was easier games......lol /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yeah, I question your knowledge...big time!

You said Melrose had no athletes....haha! Not very intelligent.

You questioned Gallatin, then when I replied you gave me a "Maryville and also who..yep thats right West". Uhhh...Maryville yes ...West no. West's best year this decade has been 7-4 in 04'. Last year ya'll went 4-6. West is no East State power my friend. In fact West has had only 3 winning seasons over the past nine. Dude Gallatin has been winning region titles this past decade with undefeated regular seasons....why are you comparing the Wave with ya'll. Come on my friend, look at who has been winning titles in this state at the highest classification...middle Tenn teams. Maryville is a power but West is not making anybody in East Tenn shake. And definitely not in middle.

East Tenn. has the best high school teams in the state over here the competition is so tough even our middle of the pack teams (like west) make the best middle and west Tenn. have to offer look second rate. The east is where the true competition is when your gatlin or melrose team come over here and play teams in the east and have success then talk to me about how good they are. To me and a bunch of other people those to teams amoung others still arent proven.

Hopefully we can get this discussion back on track - the Coaches' preseason Top Ten Poll in Class 5A.

More than any other classification, this one may be the most unique. The old dominance of Middle Tennessee from the old Class 5A and Maryville from the old Class 4A are both gone. That leaves things wide open.

With coaching changes at Hillsboro and Catholic, the two returning title winners in this class, that seems to open things up even more. This is going to be a really fun classification to watch develop over the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if teams from all three areas of the state won titles in this class in the coming seasons.

East Tenn. has the best high school teams in the state over here the competition is so tough even our middle of the pack teams (like west) make the best middle and west Tenn. have to offer look second rate. The east is where the true competition is when your gatlin or melrose team come over here and play teams in the east and have success then talk to me about how good they are. To me and a bunch of other people those to teams amoung others still arent proven.

You play for your mythical East Tenn championship bud. I think Gallatin will stick with playing for the State Championship. When you decide to look at the facts then come talk to me. How many of these "second rate" middle teams has your Knox West team beaten? I think Gallatin is recognized state wide and has more than one state title to show for it!

but have they won state in recent history...im not bein smart im actually curious

I'm curious why a Knoxville West person (zero state championships in their history, and has won just 45% of their football games since 1997. ) is belittling Middle TN high school football to a Gallatin person (3 state championships in their history and has won 63% of their football games since 1993.)

High school football in Middle TN is very solid.

and if those three teams are west's only loses then they can go to the playoffs because 4 teams go it would jus depend on west and cathlic beating beardon if that happends then west is in the playoffs.

but dont even be so quick to say that cathlic beats west i heard there not goin to be running the wing-t anymore and if there not i dont see them having as much success with a fresh new offense. west and cathlic will be a good game and west may win they have won quite a few games that they werent suppose to win in past years take last year against clinton they pulled it off, or playoffs last year at red bank went to three over times and they pulled out the win or even against halls they still pulled out the upset dont count them out just yet

A coach once told me "an offense doesn't make the players, it's the players that make the offense" KCHS may not run the wing-t this year, but they are loaded with talent, especially in the junior class. Don't kid yourself, Coach Pemberton has stocked piled talent for Coach Meadows, and the incoming freshman class is loaded with players. I know it's srimmages but how has West done the last few years in the scrimmages vs the Irish? I was at the scrimmage last year when KCHS won and did not play any of their key people except for Tyler Williamson.

A coach once told me "an offense doesn't make the players, it's the players that make the offense" KCHS may not run the wing-t this year, but they are loaded with talent, especially in the junior class. Don't kid yourself, Coach Pemberton has stocked piled talent for Coach Meadows, and the incoming freshman class is loaded with players. I know it's srimmages but how has West done the last few years in the scrimmages vs the Irish? I was at the scrimmage last year when KCHS won and did not play any of their key people except for Tyler Williamson.

I hear Meadows wants to score the most points in high school football in tennessee. And if i had to bet, i think they will do it. Rebelfan, i look forward to seeing the game against you all and im not trash talking or anything, im just as excited as you. I cant tell you how excited the players are this year though. All of knoxville im telling you now. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED.

but have they won state in recent history...im not bein smart im actually curious

Depends on how you define recent history. Last ten years no. Since the TSSAA instituted the playoffs as we know it today, yes 3 times. Been runner-up another 3 times as well.