Sequatchiee Valley Jamboree @ Grundy Co.

I will give my take on the Jamboree:

SP came out running the spread instead of the wing T and did a pretty good job executing it. I still think T. Robinson (QB) needs to get better looking at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers and not giving up which receiver he is throwing to so soon. Defense look amazing. Sequatchie has a lot to work on but had a lot of bright spots. There is some talent in that backfield.

Jasper (coached by the Living Legend Ken Colquitte :thumb: ) did not impress me at all. I thought T. Hill did a great job running the veer, but outside of him, I really didn't see much. B. Gibbs #10 is the man to watch... not C. Brocks. Whitwell has improved and if not for the turnovers on that last drive, they may have scored and won.

And as far as the last game... well, Grundy beat Jasper... enough said. I hope it was redemption for the Colquitte haters... now move on and lets all have a great season. BTW, nice move Jasper, have to keep Brocks in the game in order to score.. :lol:

Best: SP

Worst: LV/Seq

Most improved: Bledsoe

Best win: Grundy over Jasper

Yeah we are doomed I tell ya......................lol...............We are terrible!!!!!!

Marion will beat whitwell and grundy by at least four or five touchdowns apiece. It was a lot like SP did in their second game against whitwell. Mostly jv with some starters playing other positions like corpio mixing in at running back when he scored. He wasn't in there every play. Very vanilla all night like most teams are on jamboree night............we probably ran a whole 3 plays, maybe four. Think what you want, of marion, I think they will probably be just fine.

And let me remind you that outside of SP's Robinson, Jones, and Fennell... there is not much playing time between the rest. #2 was a freshman... starting RB is a Sophmore, our middle linebacker that got an interception in the first game is a sophmore, the other linebacker is a sophmore... so wow, our JV is our starters. We may need to bring up our Middle School team against Marion.. :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give my take on the Jamboree:

SP came out running the spread instead of the wing T and did a pretty good job executing it. I still think T. Robinson (QB) needs to get better looking at the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers and not giving up which receiver he is throwing to so soon. Defense look amazing. Sequatchie has a lot to work on but had a lot of bright spots. There is some talent in that backfield.

Jasper (coached by the Living Legend Ken Colquitte :thumb: ) did not impress me at all. I thought T. Hill did a great job running the veer, but outside of him, I really didn't see much. B. Gibbs #10 is the man to watch... not C. Brocks. Whitwell has improved and if not for the turnovers on that last drive, they may have scored and won.

And as far as the last game... well, Grundy beat Jasper... enough said. I hope it was redemption for the Colquitte haters... now move on and lets all have a great season. BTW, nice move Jasper, have to keep Brocks in the game in order to score.. :lol:

Best: SP

Worst: LV/Seq

Most improved: Bledsoe

Best win: Grundy over Jasper

Yeah we are doomed I tell ya......................lol...............We are terrible!!!!!!

Marion will beat whitwell and grundy by at least four or five touchdowns apiece. It was a lot like SP did in their second game against whitwell. Mostly jv with some starters playing other positions like corpio mixing in at running back when he scored. He wasn't in there every play. Very vanilla all night like most teams are on jamboree night............we probably ran a whole 3 plays, maybe four. Think what you want, of marion, I think they will probably be just fine.

And let me remind you that outside of SP's Robinson, Jones, and Fennell... there is not much playing time between the rest. #2 was a freshman... starting RB is a Sophmore, our middle linebacker that got an interception in the first game is a sophmore, the other linebacker is a sophmore... so wow, our JV is our starters. We may need to bring up our Middle School team against Marion.. :lol:

It would only be fair.. :lol:

[quote name=

And let me remind you that outside of SP's Robinson' date=' Jones, and Fennell... there is not much playing time between the rest. #2 was a freshman... starting RB is a Sophmore, our middle linebacker that got an interception in the first game is a sophmore, the other linebacker is a sophmore... so wow, our JV is our starters. We may need to bring up our Middle School team against Marion..

[quote name=

And let me remind you that outside of SP's Robinson' date=' Jones, and Fennell... there is not much playing time between the rest. #2 was a freshman... starting RB is a Sophmore, our middle linebacker that got an interception in the first game is a sophmore, the other linebacker is a sophmore... so wow, our JV is our starters. We may need to bring up our Middle School team against Marion..

From this perspective, it looked like every team has plenty to work on. The Warriors and The Pirates both looked like they have alot of speed and alot of athletic players on the field. This was the first jamboree I have made it too since 2006 so it was exciting to see all of the schools play. I haven't been into highschool ball the past two years, but I can finally feel the excitement back in the air again. Goodluck to all the teams this season.

[quote name=

I'm the ? You have a load of seniors as you say trying to learn the veer in one season... and who's the ? I respect Boeck and always will. Trey Hill did a great job with the veer' date=' but if he goes down, you are ! Matt Zehman will be a great quarterback in the future but will take at least a full season of playing time at the high school level. SP has 4 QB's capable of running our offense, several RB's, several wide receivers. Yes Jones and Fennell are key players, but they are seniors with tremendous ability and should be that good. If Jasper plays like they did in the jamboree, they are doomed. And you say SP over-pursues??? I am sure you were only focused on the 1 or 2 guys that kept chasing the QB, but if you rewind and pause, the other 4 or 5 guys hang around the line of scrimmage waiting. So learn a little about football before you call me an !!!![/quote]

Yes you are.........The veer is a very simple offense to learn. You only have a couple of reads in the offense, it isn't nearly as complex as some think. You study the complexities Veer offense at Gamestop??? :roflol::roflol: I believe our kids will be fine with a spring and summer under the coaches. They ran a version last year in the second half of the season, so it was already in place.......but KC has been helping them understand it more. If Trey gets hurt, Matt won't be the QB it will be corpio and the difference in them are corp is faster and trey can throw better. The similarities are the same with SP no matter what you say. SP has a QB that has a cannon for an arm and is commited to UTC. No offense to Zones boy, because he is a pretty good athlete, but SP's offense would suffer if Terrell went down. Both teams are a couple of injuries away from being mediocre. I am sorry that I didn't record and study SP's defense like you do, But we will see how it all goes in three weeks..............I just hope that marion doesn't get embarrassed like you say they will. There is just no way we can score on the D and we will never be able to stop yall with all the athletes all over the field :roflol:

Yes you are.........The veer is a very simple offense to learn. You only have a couple of reads in the offense, it isn't nearly as complex as some think. You study the complexities Veer offense at Gamestop??? :roflol::bored: I believe our kids will be fine with a spring and summer under the coaches. They ran a version last year in the second half of the season, so it was already in place.......but KC has been helping them understand it more. If Trey gets hurt, Matt won't be the QB it will be corpio and the difference in them are corp is faster and trey can throw better. The similarities are the same with SP no matter what you say. SP has a QB that has a cannon for an arm and is commited to UTC. No offense to Zones boy, because he is a pretty good athlete, but SP's offense would suffer if Terrell went down. Both teams are a couple of injuries away from being mediocre. I am sorry that I didn't record and study SP's defense like you do, But we will see how it all goes in three weeks..............I just hope that marion doesn't get embarrassed like you say they will. There is just no way we can score on the D and we will never be able to stop yall with all the athletes all over the field :roflol:

Ok, so it was in place last year and your backup in the jamboree couldn't run it correctly??? Your back up took 2 steps back then went down the line, then made bad reads and pitches? If so easy, then maybe you try putting an OL in there to run the veer, probably will do a better job than the second team. And as far as Travis, I have full confidence in him now after seeing how he played in the jamboree. Putting Brocks at QB is like us putting Jones at QB. They both can play the position and run the ball as a QB, but neither are true QB's. Good luck and obviously you think you know where to find me.... cya in 3 weeks TTP which could stand for another acronym in my book! :roflol: