MAJOR UPSETS

Striker86

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol You just had to imply that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No shot intended at Alcoa with that statement. They are also a tremendous program with rich tradition, but it was just a HUGE DEAL for HHS to finally beat Maryville in the State Championship as much as it was for Maryville to lose in general, from my perspective. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Maryville, but the 3 gold footballs in the Maryville trophy case at the expense of HHS are reason for relishing in the glory of that 2008 HHS team's accomplishments a bit longer...at least until the 2009 season begins.

A couple of upsets through the years come to mind. 5-5 Dickson County beat Riverdale 10-0 Riverdale (around '99 0r 2000) in Round 1 of the playoffs and I don't know if this should be considered an upset seeing how they have faired in the playoffs, But DB seems to have it's problems in the first round with sub par teams also. Last year for example.

Guess it is not an upset when you get the Nickname "First Round GR......" as it seems people have gotten used to beating them early.

I respect and really enjoy reading all the serious posts on this website.

I wanted to have a little fun with this one.

What game on your schedule would be considered a MAJOR UPSET?

Whether your team is the winner or loser in the outcome, who would it be?

I just want to see if any of these happen to pan out as the season gets underway.

Best of luck to all.

...Week 'zero'>>> 6A-Ooltewah at 3A-Tyner (any margin of victory for the "RAMS") /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />