Trousdale fans I have a question for you.

crow

Haven't heard anything in a while on Jared. It's a shame too! Can someone explain to me how a Mr. Football kicker can't even get a real look from an in-state D1? The award is only given to one kicker, obviously he was the best in the state. The East/West all-star game may have hurt him a little, but according to his dad, he worked with one holder all week at practice. When gameday rolled around, the coaches switched the holder (that makes a lot of sense). Regardless, he is somewhat of a legacy at UT. His uncle played there, in the '70's I think? He may be just as good as Daniel Lincoln. I've personally watched TTU's kicker the last 3 years, and I know for a fact that Jared is better than he is/was. TC practiced at Tech before last years Blue Cross Bowl. Not one coach from the staff even made an attempt to walk outside their offices to take a look! I bet if he kicked at some Academy, he'd be big time D1. I know somewhere in another thread, someone posted that "if you are D1 talent, they will find you". I tend to agree with this statement, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.....

As all around TC knows, getting coverage by the media for TC is at the bottom of the barrel. No

surprise there. As for the TTU coach, this is strange to say the least. Doesn't speak very well for

the coach. If I had an all state kicker on my field, I'd have to take a look just out of curiosity, whether

I needed a kicker or not. Jared is a top notch place kicker & punter. Maybe Jared can get a position

in another school in the conference, and have the chance to return the favor. :thumb:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard anything in a while on Jared. It's a shame too! Can someone explain to me how a Mr. Football kicker can't even get a real look from an in-state D1? The award is only given to one kicker, obviously he was the best in the state. The East/West all-star game may have hurt him a little, but according to his dad, he worked with one holder all week at practice. When gameday rolled around, the coaches switched the holder (that makes a lot of sense). Regardless, he is somewhat of a legacy at UT. His uncle played there, in the '70's I think? He may be just as good as Daniel Lincoln. I've personally watched TTU's kicker the last 3 years, and I know for a fact that Jared is better than he is/was. TC practiced at Tech before last years Blue Cross Bowl. Not one coach from the staff even made an attempt to walk outside their offices to take a look! I bet if he kicked at some Academy, he'd be big time D1. I know somewhere in another thread, someone posted that "if you are D1 talent, they will find you". I tend to agree with this statement, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.....

In D1 - u have to have the grades - maybe that was an issue

Agreed. That has been a problem with some of our players who have had D1 talent, but not with this kid.

Grades are definitely not an issue with Jared. :D

Yea yea were dont with that .Is SP the Only team that youve ever faced with a good team cause i cant find a team ever that youve beat that was worth nething hidding in 1A all this time when you moved to 3A you were nothing so does ne one know the Answer to this question,

Uhhhhh?? What was the question, nimrod? Come back in a few years when you start school & try again.