Trousdale fans I have a question for you.

crow

Just talking to a friend the other day & the punter from the 2008 Trousdale team came up. I was just wondering if anyone signed him or if he was recruited by any major schools. That kid had a big leg even if the east / west game didn't show it that well. Also wondering about the back from the same team. I would absolutely butcher his name if I attempted to spell it so I'll just refer to him as #5.

Thanks in advance for you time & information.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just talking to a friend the other day & the punter from the 2008 Trousdale team came up. I was just wondering if anyone signed him or if he was recruited by any major schools. That kid had a big leg even if the east / west game didn't show it that well. Also wondering about the back from the same team. I would absolutely butcher his name if I attempted to spell it so I'll just refer to him as #5.

Haven't heard anything lately on the kicker, Jared White. There was some talk at the end of the season

about Carson-Newman, but there seemed to be a lack of interest in kickers at the time. I'll check into it.

As for #5, Tacola Seay, Cola, as we call him, is doing just fine, grown a bit from last year, and ready

to get it on again. He won't have to carry the load alone. He'll have help, with Edwards, Cox, Payne.

Haven't heard anything lately on the kicker, Jared White. There was some talk at the end of the season

about Carson-Newman, but there seemed to be a lack of interest in kickers at the time. I'll check into it.

As for #5, Tacola Seay, Cola, as we call him, is doing just fine, grown a bit from last year, and ready

to get it on again. He won't have to carry the load alone. He'll have help, with Edwards, Cox, Payne.

Thanks Grunt & Shady for the info. I must have been misinformed about Cola as you call him. I was told he was a senior last year. Then again it may have just been wishful thinking :mrgreen:. Best of luck to your swarm this year . . . until, that is, we meet again.

Thanks Grunt & Shady for the info. I must have been misinformed about Cola as you call him. I was told he was a senior last year. Then again it may have just been wishful thinking :mrgreen:. Best of luck to your swarm this year . . . until, that is, we meet again.

Thanks crow, Good luck to the Indians as well,....until we meet again, LOL. Could very well happen.

Grunt, you heard anything about Jared White? This kid looked like he had a ton of talent as a kicker & I'm interested in seeing what happens with him.

Haven't heard anything in a while on Jared. It's a shame too! Can someone explain to me how a Mr. Football kicker can't even get a real look from an in-state D1? The award is only given to one kicker, obviously he was the best in the state. The East/West all-star game may have hurt him a little, but according to his dad, he worked with one holder all week at practice. When gameday rolled around, the coaches switched the holder (that makes a lot of sense). Regardless, he is somewhat of a legacy at UT. His uncle played there, in the '70's I think? He may be just as good as Daniel Lincoln. I've personally watched TTU's kicker the last 3 years, and I know for a fact that Jared is better than he is/was. TC practiced at Tech before last years Blue Cross Bowl. Not one coach from the staff even made an attempt to walk outside their offices to take a look! I bet if he kicked at some Academy, he'd be big time D1. I know somewhere in another thread, someone posted that "if you are D1 talent, they will find you". I tend to agree with this statement, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.....

Haven't heard anything in a while on Jared. It's a shame too! Can someone explain to me how a Mr. Football kicker can't even get a real look from an in-state D1? The award is only given to one kicker, obviously he was the best in the state. The East/West all-star game may have hurt him a little, but according to his dad, he worked with one holder all week at practice. When gameday rolled around, the coaches switched the holder (that makes a lot of sense). Regardless, he is somewhat of a legacy at UT. His uncle played there, in the '70's I think? He may be just as good as Daniel Lincoln. I've personally watched TTU's kicker the last 3 years, and I know for a fact that Jared is better than he is/was. TC practiced at Tech before last years Blue Cross Bowl. Not one coach from the staff even made an attempt to walk outside their offices to take a look! I bet if he kicked at some Academy, he'd be big time D1. I know somewhere in another thread, someone posted that "if you are D1 talent, they will find you". I tend to agree with this statement, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.....

Agreed... SEVEN

He was one of Trousdales most valueable players, it didn't bother them one bit to get into a field position game,Trousdale was going to win every time. He also had exelent range on field goals. I really enjoyed watching him . He will be missed this season. Hopefully he will get a shot somewhere.