11AA

ksgovols

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game date is still up in the air now. I heard MC wanted to play it tonight and SC wanted to play it on Saturday night. Neither team could reach a 100% agreement so there is still a looming question and in the meantime both teams are scheduled to play for tomorrow night and neither team wants to do so.

This is so off-based its not even funny. Who is your source? Did it come from Coach Holliday or Coach Craig? If neither, then you are starting rumors that cannot be backed up.

The game date is still up in the air now. I heard MC wanted to play it tonight and SC wanted to play it on Saturday night. Neither team could reach a 100% agreement so there is still a looming question and in the meantime both teams are scheduled to play for tomorrow night and neither team wants to do so.

This is so off-based its not even funny. Who is your source? Did it come from Coach Holliday or Coach Craig? If neither, then you are starting rumors that cannot be backed up.

I talked to a very reliable source but it wasn't Holiday or Craig..........I am glad the teams are playing tonight and wish Montgomery Central the best of luck ;)

great hard fought game stewart co. really showed heart. with 1 second left in the game it was tied 13-13 mc ball on the sc half yard line 4th down and sc stopped them. they did not let them score in overtime then sc scored on third down and won.

if anyone could please clarify a rule for me stewart co. was punting the ball and 3 sc players surrounded the ball and touched it to down it they started to walk off then realized a mc player picked up the ball and was running it for a td. i was told that the ref told the coach that a player must pick up the ball and hand it to the ref but i had never heard that and no other ref had used that rule.

It is called: "The 1st Touch" rule. If the punting team does not pick the ball up and hand it to the ref, the ball is not considered dead until both teams deem the play dead. At the point of 1st touch, the return team at that point can pick up the ball and return it. Anything that happens after that cannot hurt the return team. Ex: If the return team returns a 1st touch ball and ends up fumbling the ball back to the kicking team, the rule states that the return team will regain possession at the point of 1st touch. It forces coaches to teach their kids to pick up the ball until it is blown dead. I have seen this play many times in my career, & I have even had two successful returns becasue of this rule. If Montgomery Central took advantage of this rule, kudos to them. :thumb:

great hard fought game stewart co. really showed heart. with 1 second left in the game it was tied 13-13 mc ball on the sc half yard line 4th down and sc stopped them. they did not let them score in overtime then sc scored on third down and won.

if anyone could please clarify a rule for me stewart co. was punting the ball and 3 sc players surrounded the ball and touched it to down it they started to walk off then realized a mc player picked up the ball and was running it for a td. i was told that the ref told the coach that a player must pick up the ball and hand it to the ref but i had never heard that and no other ref had used that rule.

The Montgomery Central quarterback broke the plain on the 3rd & goal sneak last night at Stewart County. The officials blew that one. On the 4th down play illegal motion was called and the offensive foul did end the game (which is correct). In overtime the officials threw a flag for an illegal formation which is fine HOWEVER why did they wait until the pass was caught for a TD by the Indians receiver before they threw the flag????? Hmmmmm..........that seems a little "smelly" to me dry.gif

As for the punt play it is called "the 1st touch rule". If you down a punt you are taught to PICK IT UP and hand it to an official. If you touch the ball and leave it there then the return team can run it back for a touchdown. If the return team even tries to return it and turns the ball over in that situation then they still get the ball where it was origianlly touched down by the punting team.