District 4 AAA

LCityplayer

hey dyron i was just wondering your basketball qualifications that would make you such an expert to call out someone as their knowledge to be nonexistient??? everyone is entitled to an opnion and you may know more than i do but hutch may be considered to be the best coach in that district now. but that is just my opnion and im not very knowledgeable either.

Yeah i agree that calling someones knowledge "nonexistent" to be a little rude and over the top but thats just me.

However in Defense of the LC poster, it seems like a lot of people have been saying that the District is wide open and could end up a lot of different ways. With this said I would just for the sake of Pre-Season rankings pick the wide-open team with the "Best Player". If you asked who is the best player in District 4 AAA then Im pretty sure everyone (except Spurrier) would pick Tyler Hood. So i would give the nod to the LC.

On a side note...i keep hearing how awesome Catholic is going to be. Didn't they barely win their first district game, lose the championship and then get blown out by Carter in AA? just wondering which is easier AA or AAA (Kingston, CAK, Anderson Co. vs. Bearden, Maryville, and Farragut) just throwing it out there

Carter was a really good team, they beat Catholic then went on to beat A-E, they also made state and should have beat Booker T. in the first round of the state tournament. You talk as if Carter was a lousy team. I'm sure they were better than LC last year. Catholic did lose in the district tournament championship game by 5 to Stone Memorial another good team. Know one said they were awsome, just a good team. This years team is a LOT better than last years team, more mobile post players, better shooters and the juniors, who all played JV as sophomores showed this summer they are ready to play. The best player doesn't win a league title, the best team does. Clarify your statement barely win their first district game? They won their first district game by like 14 points last year on the road and with out key players who were out winning a state championship in football. And to remind you last year was suppose to be a rebuilding year for the Irish (they had graduated 8 seniors from the year before) and found a way to finish 18-9 (10-2 in their district). I never said they would win the district, they would be competitive. I can tell you this, LC won't win the distirct just because Tyler Hood is the best player. West has the most talent, Maryville and Bearden are always loaded, and Farragut will be better than people think. William Blount looked good too, so this is wide open. But, if you want to, go ahead and crown the Panthers district champs, before a game has been played, this is after all, just people's opinions and everyone has theirs. With the district tournament being held at LC, they could win that. It seems to me that the LC contingent is basing their 2010 district championship on 2 victories last year, Farragut and Maryville, which is fine. Good luck this season.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dyron i was just wondering your basketball qualifications that would make you such an expert to call out someone as their knowledge to be nonexistient??? everyone is entitled to an opnion and you may know more than i do but hutch may be considered to be the best coach in that district now. but that is just my opnion and im not very knowledgeable either.

Yeah i agree that calling someones knowledge "nonexistent" to be a little rude and over the top but thats just me.

However in Defense of the LC poster, it seems like a lot of people have been saying that the District is wide open and could end up a lot of different ways. With this said I would just for the sake of Pre-Season rankings pick the wide-open team with the "Best Player". If you asked who is the best player in District 4 AAA then Im pretty sure everyone (except Spurrier) would pick Tyler Hood. So i would give the nod to the LC.

On a side note...i keep hearing how awesome Catholic is going to be. Didn't they barely win their first district game, lose the championship and then get blown out by Carter in AA? just wondering which is easier AA or AAA (Kingston, CAK, Anderson Co. vs. Bearden, Maryville, and Farragut) just throwing it out there

Carter was a really good team, they beat Catholic then went on to beat A-E, they also made state and should have beat Booker T. in the first round of the state tournament. You talk as if Carter was a lousy team. I'm sure they were better than LC last year. Catholic did lose in the district tournament championship game by 5 to Stone Memorial another good team. Know one said they were awsome, just a good team. This years team is a LOT better than last years team, more mobile post players, better shooters and the juniors, who all played JV as sophomores showed this summer they are ready to play. The best player doesn't win a league title, the best team does. Clarify your statement barely win their first district game? They won their first district game by like 14 points last year on the road and with out key players who were out winning a state championship in football. And to remind you last year was suppose to be a rebuilding year for the Irish (they had graduated 8 seniors from the year before) and found a way to finish 18-9 (10-2 in their district). I never said they would win the district, they would be competitive. I can tell you this, LC won't win the distirct just because Tyler Hood is the best player. West has the most talent, Maryville and Bearden are always loaded, and Farragut will be better than people think. William Blount looked good too, so this is wide open. But, if you want to, go ahead and crown the Panthers district champs, before a game has been played, this is after all, just people's opinions and everyone has theirs. With the district tournament being held at LC, they could win that. It seems to me that the LC contingent is basing their 2010 district championship on 2 victories last year, Farragut and Maryville, which is fine. Good luck this season.

I respect your opinion...however, Carter was nowhere near as good as any of the top teams in LC's district last season. Carter would have finished low behind: Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, LC, Sevier Co, and William Blount

Carter was a really good team, they beat Catholic then went on to beat A-E, they also made state and should have beat Booker T. in the first round of the state tournament. You talk as if Carter was a lousy team. I'm sure they were better than LC last year. Catholic did lose in the district tournament championship game by 5 to Stone Memorial another good team. Know one said they were awsome, just a good team. This years team is a LOT better than last years team, more mobile post players, better shooters and the juniors, who all played JV as sophomores showed this summer they are ready to play. The best player doesn't win a league title, the best team does. Clarify your statement barely win their first district game? They won their first district game by like 14 points last year on the road and with out key players who were out winning a state championship in football. And to remind you last year was suppose to be a rebuilding year for the Irish (they had graduated 8 seniors from the year before) and found a way to finish 18-9 (10-2 in their district). I never said they would win the district, they would be competitive. I can tell you this, LC won't win the distirct just because Tyler Hood is the best player. West has the most talent, Maryville and Bearden are always loaded, and Farragut will be better than people think. William Blount looked good too, so this is wide open. But, if you want to, go ahead and crown the Panthers district champs, before a game has been played, this is after all, just people's opinions and everyone has theirs. With the district tournament being held at LC, they could win that. It seems to me that the LC contingendt is basing their 2010 district championship on 2 victories last year, Farragut and Maryville, which is fine. Good luck this season.

A few points

-People are so sensitive and have selective reading. I said the District was "Wide Open" and for the sake of pre-season rankings i was going with the team that has the dominate palyer. Not crowning anyone district champs

-Once again i could be wrong here but i thought Catholic got a First Round bye in the district and their first game was a 2pt win over a powerhouse Scott Co. Team

-I think its funny you sing the praises of Carter for being so awesome and LC for being all hype around one player and Carter happens to have a dude Named Lester Wilson who carried that team on that big run

I will close with my 3rd time saying "District is wide open"

Good point Downtown and easttnbball, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers just expressing an opinion. It should be an interesting season this year. By the way, I never said Carter was awesome, I said they were a good team, and they got hot at the right time. If I'm not mistaken, Lester Wilson did lead his team to the state tournament and he had some good complimentary players around him, Meady, Charles, Stanton, Ballinger and Bennett. Before you implode, I do believe that Hood is the better all around player and he plays in a very tough AAA district, while Wilson (who is an incredible athlete) has to go through Fulton and A-E.

Carter was head and shoulders above William Blount and Sevier County. They had a better starting 5 than most of the teams in AAA. Carter had a lot of swagger and were very physical at times. They just never had chemistry until tourney time when they rolled AE, Catholic, and Union. They could have competed in AAA, but their downfall was a lack of leadership.

Hearing a lot about West and how athletic they are. Who are their main players and will they compete for the top spot?

I think Scott is right on.

Maryville and Bearden are always good. They will compete. LC is going through a coaching transition, and I think things will probably not settle down for them until after Christmas. West is really impressive with their team quickness and shooting. Catholic probably has the most purely competitive coach in the district - and one of the few coaches in the district that will change what his team does based on the talent for a given year. I expect Catholic to do very well this year. Farragut will be good, but this will be the smallest Farragut team in years as well as the most inexperienced. I would say that Maryville, Catholic, West and Bearden are likely the teams that will be at the top through Christmas. Farragut could be in that group depending on how the team comes together but they always seem to have a winning record. Likewise, LC could end up there based on just how the coaching change goes.

I do expect that William Blount and Heritage will struggle.

This district has become a very strong district with the addition of West and Catholic. It should be fun to watch this year.

William Blount is going to really surprise people! Saw them this summer and it's obvious that they have senior leadership and a great coach...not to mention they have arguably the second best player in the district in Ballard. I look forward to seeing the Govs compete this year.

Downtown,

I have to temper my enthusiasm with WB because I am obviously a homer and very close to the team. But I will say this, for someone to predict that "William Blount will struggle" makes me wonder if this particular poster has any knowledge of WB basketball at all.

Lack of a true, big post will hurt the Govs, but I would be very surprised and disappointed if they are not very competitive in their district this season.

William Blount is going to really surprise people! Saw them this summer and it's obvious that they have senior leadership and a great coach...not to mention they have arguably the second best player in the district in Ballard. I look forward to seeing the Govs compete this year.

Downtown,

I have to temper my enthusiasm with WB because I am obviously a homer and very close to the team. But I will say this, for someone to predict that "William Blount will struggle" makes me wonder if this particular poster has any knowledge of WB basketball at all.

Lack of a true, big post will hurt the Govs, but I would be very surprised and disappointed if they are not very competitive in their district this season.

GovMan,

I am not a WB fan. Simply a fan of seeing basketball coached and played the right way. For anybody that has ever been around Coach Baumann and Micah Ballard, how can you not love their passion for the game. The Govs are in an extremely tough district. Probably the most difficult in East TN. However, It's rare to see a coach get so much hustle, effort, and enthusiasm out of players the way Coach Baumann does. This is a veteran team that is hungry for success, and from watching them this summer I get the impression that they believe that they can compete with the front runners. The only team I've seen play defense with more intensity is Fulton. I hope the Govs have a great year!

I think Scott is right on.

Maryville and Bearden are always good. They will compete. LC is going through a coaching transition, and I think things will probably not settle down for them until after Christmas. West is really impressive with their team quickness and shooting. Catholic probably has the most purely competitive coach in the district - and one of the few coaches in the district that will change what his team does based on the talent for a given year. I expect Catholic to do very well this year. Farragut will be good, but this will be the smallest Farragut team in years as well as the most inexperienced. I would say that Maryville, Catholic, West and Bearden are likely the teams that will be at the top through Christmas. Farragut could be in that group depending on how the team comes together but they always seem to have a winning record. Likewise, LC could end up there based on just how the coaching change goes.

I do expect that William Blount and Heritage will struggle.

This district has become a very strong district with the addition of West and Catholic. It should be fun to watch this year.

It's way to early to predict who will win this district, I do believe that it will be an interesting race and that a 9-5 record could win 4AAA. I don't think there will be many games you can call an upset win (maybe Heritage, no offense intended). Everyone has their strength and weaknesses I think it will be fun and I know the players and coaches at Catholic are very excited about playing in this new league. Looking at Catholic's schedule reminds me of the days when they were playing Baylor, McCallie, Notre Dame and Brentwood Academy when they were loaded. Can't wait till the season starts.

Downtown and Govman I couldn't agree more. William Blount is solid for two reasons the heart they play with and it's leadership. That includes you Govman. William Blount to me is what high school sports should be about. However, I must say I'm a little biased on the side of the Panthers.