Signal Mountain Eagles Scrimmages

smeagle1

Its clear Coach Price wants the team to face some tough competition early. He has them going to a four team scrimmage on July 31st against host 3A Tyner along with 6A McMinn Co and 6A Coffee Co. Then off to Tennessee Tech on Aug 7th to face 6A Cookeville. They will then face Tyner again in the Jamboree at Finley Stadium on Aug 15th. I guess we will see how they sack up against big physical teams after these test.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear Coach Price wants the team to face some tough competition early. He has them going to a four team scrimmage on July 31st against host 3A Tyner along with 6A McMinn Co and 6A Coffee Co. Then off to Tennessee Tech on Aug 7th to face 6A Cookeville. They will then face Tyner again in the Jamboree at Finley Stadium on Aug 15th. I guess we will see how they sack up against big physical teams after these test.

...It should be a interesting scrimmage on this Friday...Coach Price is building a good program...from all that I have heard and read the Eagles have an excellent team...I can hardly wait!!!

Why would a team having success in their first varsity year mean they were recruiting? SM played a JV schedule last year and had success so this really isn’t their first year. Every player is returning and they have been playing together for a year now. Heck, most of them have been playing together since 6th grade, so this gives them some chemistry.

Expectations are high because last year in 10 JV games they scored 524 points and gave up 130. They played some traditionally very good JV teams from South Pittsburg, Ridgeland and Cookeville. Realizing these were JV teams and they don’t get the practice that varsity team’s do everyone knows this year will be tough. But they have been working hard to get better and want to play tough competition in scrimmages like Tyner and Cookeville because it will make them better.

Besides Coach came from Coffee County how would he even know who to recruit?

Also a team becomes excellent by good coaching not recruiting. This was proven by Phil Fulmer, he was a great recruiter that got excellent players but the teams didn’t produce excellent results.

Oh I see. smeagle1, I don't keep up with jv games much but when they played these teams did they play these teams varsity roster for this season? If all of these teams played everyone on the team except for the seniors against Signal last season in JV then I understand why all of the excitement. I guess the question I am asking is did South Pitt's upperclassmen also play in the jv game last season? Someone else from SP might be able to answer that question for us better. If anyone knows then please enlighten us.

O.k. let me get this straight Signal Mtn. is playing in two Jamboree's? The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree on Friday Aug. 14th and then again the next night in the Chattanooga Jamboree at Finley? :roflolk:

after these test.O.k. let me get this straight Signal Mtn. is playing in two Jamboree's? The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree on Friday Aug. 14th and then again the next night in the Chattanooga Jamboree at Finley?

Signal Mountain isn’t in the Sequatchie Valley Jamboree this year. They are playing in the Jamboree at Finley Stadium on Saturday Night. They played in last year’s jamboree and I have seen other post that have them playing in this years too. I assume the Signal Mountain website is correct http://www.signalmountaineaglesfootball.com it shows both the Middle School and High School playing at Finley.

Someone is taking notice.

Boyd-Buchanan No. 2 In Fair's 2A Preseason Rankings

Five Area Players On Preseason All-State Team

by special report to The Chattanoogan

posted July 30, 2009

Boyd-Buchanan has been ranked No. 2, Marion County No. 3 and Signal Mountain No. 10 in Murphy Fair's Preseason Top 10 high school football rankings.

Fair, Tennessee's high school football guru, recently listed the rankings in his annual magazine "Tennessee High School Football.''

Fair's magazine can be purchased for $10.00 at Sweeney's Bar-B-Q on Broad Street or online at www.murphyfair.com.

Coming Friday, Aug. 31: Class 3A rankings and preseason all-state team.

Class 2A Top 10

1. Trousdale Co. (12)

2. Boyd-Buchanan

3. Marion County

4. Friendship Christian

5. McKenzie

6. Humboldt (1)

7. Mt. Pleasant

8. Oneida

9. Cascade

10. Signal Mountain

after these test.O.k. let me get this straight Signal Mtn. is playing in two Jamboree's? The Sequatchie Valley Jamboree on Friday Aug. 14th and then again the next night in the Chattanooga Jamboree at Finley?

Signal Mountain isn’t in the Sequatchie Valley Jamboree this year. They are playing in the Jamboree at Finley Stadium on Saturday Night. They played in last year’s jamboree and I have seen other post that have them playing in this years too. I assume the Signal Mountain website is correct http://www.signalmountaineaglesfootball.com it shows both the Middle School and High School playing at Finley.

Maybe someone should have told them? The schedule I have has them playing in the 2nd Quarter against South Pittsburg and the 6th against Marion County!

Maybe someone should have told them? The schedule I have has them playing in the 2nd Quarter against South Pittsburg and the 6th against Marion County!

SM backed out....jamboree will be one quarter shorter. Schedule is being changed today