7AAA Preseason Prognostications

PHargis

WOW I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING HERE!!!! where did all this fussin come from? We are about to embark on an exciting season and not much talk or predictions about that? lets get back to the original topic and let all that other drama go. Not everyone is going to have a good experience at all the schools some people stick it out and work through it and others leave. either way it is thier option and decsicion. so when they leave we must move on as well.

I am real excited about RIVERDALES upcoming season Nicole will be back this year Rachels knee is getting better and J is well...J Nat is gonna shoot FROM ANYWHERE LOL Candace is gonna be a great role player and Aubrey is gonna knock some shots down and lets no forget about Kobie she is the real deal

GO LADY WARRIORS ALL THE WAY TO STATE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD, this site this time of the year should be more about things which are partison but shouldnot get to the point of name calling and "serious, serious disagreements". There's enough time the rest of the school year for that. Keep your head up, everybody, there is too much talent and too much competition in this District for us not to forget the goal. Every night's play is like a STATE TOURNAMENT. Two and a half months is about where the start line is. Enjoy the time before the season, its too short.

Riverdale will be very deep this year barring injuries. No doubt about that. I'm not very familiar with Lavergne, but everything I hear is good. After watching Blackman at camps this summer, it is clear to me that they are going to be VERY good this season (once again, barring injuries). At this point, I would lean more toward Blackman winning the District in a very hotly contested season. Time will tell...

GO BLAZE!!!

Riverdale Man and Phargis.....

You both have excellent points! Sorry I get a little emotional and defensive but I would like to be able to post just like anyone else without have a few certain "people" attacking me. As RD said, people make decisions, right or wrong, to do what is best at the time for their kids. Riverdale Man, you are a true fan, through good and bad and you are to be commended for your support - and you have always been nice to us.

I have one in college and one graduating and I would like to enjoy this season without all of the DRAMA. We do not have DRAMA at Blackman and for the first time in 3 years of high school basketball, THAT is "refreshing" and I plan on enjoying EVERY minute of it! As I mentioned in an earlier post---my daughter is smiling and laughing for the first time in a long time! She has fully recovered from her foot surgery and was "officially re-released" again in March. She is playing pain free for the first time in a long time. These girls are very closely knit and have so much in common and share goals that are not just about "the gold ball"! They laugh about rolling up one of the players in a floor mat by mistake--they are not talking about who got drunk at a party last night. The experiences they share together as a team will carry them very far in life. I give credit to their parents for raising such awesome girls! Isn't that what we all want for our daughters?

Our district is full of wonderful players, coaches that care and great fans!

Best of luck to everyone and I pray that not one player will suffer an injury this season! GO BLAZE!

I know high school sports are highly emotional and when people live with rose colored glasses on about their child it makes it much worse. I too am very emotional and loyal to who I care about. In this case when people are wrongly accused it hurts and you want to defend them. I am a fan just like everyone on here and no this is not the place to air feelings towards people unless the stone is cast first.

I will disagree with you on the drama issue. All schools and teams have drama. Everything is great until playing time becomes an issue. When your daughter is riding the pine it is always someone else or an excuse why. Not saying this in your case but in general. But if the shoe fits then so be it. My daughter plays in a different district than Murfreesboro so I don't have a dog in this discussion. If I could choose a coach for her to play for it would be at Riverdale. Maybe I will move to the boro so that can happen. I look forward to a great season from the Lady Warriors and keeping up with all those predictions. Maybe the blaze will make it back "when pigs fly".

how many coaches did we lose I know coach Williams went to florida who else left

Thanks riverdale man for knowing I am in sunny Florida. I miss all the people at Riverdale. When Mr. Nolan calls it the greatest in State of TN he is not kidding.

Tell Coach Maxwell-Hodges and Coach Broadway Hello and all the girls I miss them. I can't wait to come back to see them play for a gold ball. Will things every die down on here about the Riverdale?

I know high school sports are highly emotional and when people live with rose colored glasses on about their child it makes it much worse. I too am very emotional and loyal to who I care about. In this case when people are wrongly accused it hurts and you want to defend them. I am a fan just like everyone on here and no this is not the place to air feelings towards people unless the stone is cast first.

I will disagree with you on the drama issue. All schools and teams have drama. Everything is great until playing time becomes an issue. When your daughter is riding the pine it is always someone else or an excuse why. Not saying this in your case but in general. But if the shoe fits then so be it. My daughter plays in a different district than Murfreesboro so I don't have a dog in this discussion. If I could choose a coach for her to play for it would be at Riverdale. Maybe I will move to the boro so that can happen. I look forward to a great season from the Lady Warriors and keeping up with all those predictions. Maybe the blaze will make it back "when pigs fly".

Gapet, you are correct in your saying that sometimes we look through rose colored glasses and I'm sure I've been guilty of that from time to time. However; I'm sure of this much, I have the most loving and wonderful Christian daughter that a mom could have and only wish that I could live by example as she does every day. I'm not perfect by any means, but I hope that somehow I've taught her to take up for herself and be tough because life isn't always easy. As far as playing time, that is not up to me--Coach Hibdon will decide if and when she gets to play. There is some really good talent in the guard/shooting guard positions there in Shelby, Konner, Chelsea, Kelsey and on and on, but she will be happy just being around these awesome role models. Yes, I'm sure there is "some" drama there, but it is truly the closest team I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of and look forward to a great season at BHS.

When it comes to making a "move"---no matter who the coach is....think long and hard about it. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side. I was WARNED many times over from some people at IHS, but laid my ears back and did it anyway. But even though mine was a mistake--yours might work out perfect---I'm just saying to take a long time and think it over.

I too know what it is like to be "wrongly accused" of something. It may be years down the road, but the truth will prevail. It always does.

Best of luck to your daughter too! :popcorneater:

UMMMM, Daughter..........Doesn't play in the Boro...........Is your daughter, by chance, a 6'1" point guard that used to live in Franklin County and could be an All State player.? No couldn't be her...........MM was pulling our leg...................Well, do you?????????? We're trying to find that child enrolled in the BORO.

Smokymountains it sounds to me like you are just jealous that your daughter is not on one of those Nike AAU teams. And if you wanted to be a good example for your daughter why would you consistantly badger someone? If your daughter loves basketball so much I am sure whe will go into coaching, do you think she will like it when a parent chooses to make a move and then causes problems the whole time? You need to let it go and enjoy your daughters last year of basketball. Unfortuantely 10 years down the road instead of having great memories you are choosing to have bad ones. Life is a choice and you have a choice how you are going to deal with the situation. And go back to english class and learn about "quotations"