Big 8

NETFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This conference has three of the great Running Backs in the state.

Senior this year Keenan Shepard of Tennessee High.

Junior Chris Sensabaugh of Dobyns Bennett.

Sophomore Devin Rogers of Volunteer High School.

Look for all three of these young men to have big seasons.

From everything I have heard I think Senior Qb Luke Cradic of Volunteer High School could be one of the best Qb's in this conference.

Would love to hear who else you all think could be stand out players in the big 8 this season?

This conference has three of the great Running Backs in the state.

Senior this year Keenan Shepard of Tennessee High.

Junior Chris Sensabaugh of Dobyns Bennett.

Sophomore Devin Rogers of Volunteer High School.

Look for all three of these young men to have big seasons.

From everything I have heard I think Senior Qb Luke Cradic of Volunteer High School could be one of the best Qb's in this conference.

Would love to hear who else you all think could be stand out players in the big 8 this season?

I wouldn't count him as a great RB yet. He really didn't have much of an impact in '08 but Ryan Mitchell at Science Hill is very fast. Probably as fast as Derek Steele and maybe faster. If he matured any since last year he may very well make some noise.

Sounds too much like a Volunteer fan talking rather than open eyes.

Don't see either as great from last year. Cradic was not even close as a QB last year and the Rogers kid did not come close to living up the hype you guys gave him last year.

Sensabaugh, Shephard and Mitchell were all good last year.

Don't think there is a great QB this year. Someone will have to earn that during the year. What QBs are coming back other than Cradic at Volunteer and Connell at Boone (Understand he was not here all summer for baseball so it will be interesting).

Any word on Norris at the Hill. Will he play QB this year or has being gone all summer ended that?

The "Big 8" QBs I know about:

Volunteer: Cradic, 1500+ passing yds last season, too many rookie mistakes last year

( I should know :lol:)

Boone: Connell , Good hard-nosed kid that can run over you

TN High: Harmon , Maybe the best arm in the conference

DB: Roop , 1st year starting but definitely worthy of 1st team

South: St. Clair or Haden, I know little about either one

Central: ???

Crockett: ???

Science Hill: Norris?, I hear he may be back from Baseball about week 3 :lol: Go figure.

Sounds too much like a Volunteer fan talking rather than open eyes.

Don't see either as great from last year. Cradic was not even close as a QB last year and the Rogers kid did not come close to living up the hype you guys gave him last year.

Sensabaugh, Shephard and Mitchell were all good last year.

Don't think there is a great QB this year. Someone will have to earn that during the year. What QBs are coming back other than Cradic at Volunteer and Connell at Boone (Understand he was not here all summer for baseball so it will be interesting).

Any word on Norris at the Hill. Will he play QB this year or has being gone all summer ended that?

First off you have to love these message boards, any idiot :lol: such as yourself can get on the boards and talk about a player you have probably never seen play in person.

The reason why Devin is getting so much hype is because is in middle school he had over 1500 yards rushing and 22 td's in only 9 games and playing only the first half in almost every single game.

Last season if he would have played Freshman football he would have had over 2,000 yards rushing. Playing 3 games on JV he had over 600 yards total offense and 8 td's.

On Varsity he started the last 5 games of the season and ended up with over 500 yards rushing and 2 td's, He could have had more td's but they put in a jumbo package with a senior running back when they got into the red zone. Against Greeneville he had over 150 yards rushing against a team that ended up in the state semi-finals. So I really wouldn't say that last season he didn't live up to the hype that was surrounding him. Maybe if the O-line can open some holes for Devin you might be able to see the true talent he holds.

As for Luke Cradic I believe he will be an outstanding QB this season, he has worked very hard over the past year to become a better player. So far during the summer he has looked great.

I hope that Volunteer can surprise some people this season.