Tony Franklin at Wilson Central

TheSpoon

Alot of folks like the WingT also, but it has yet to win the Gold Ball in 5A in Tn.

My biggest question is has the TF system won the Gold Ball ANYWHERE in the US? Until it has it is just another system making one person money.

I will say this to the "Wing-T" theory...Oakland lined up in a Dead I Formation (double tights) for a majority of the season and state championship game, never threw the football when it counted in that game, and took home the hardware.

??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of folks like the WingT also, but it has yet to win the Gold Ball in 5A in Tn.

My biggest question is has the TF system won the Gold Ball ANYWHERE in the US? Until it has it is just another system making one person money.

I will say this to the "Wing-T" theory...Oakland lined up in a Dead I Formation (double tights) for a majority of the season and state championship game, never threw the football when it counted in that game, and took home the hardware.

??

Good post...............I agree!

How about this; If you have the players; it really makes no difference what you run!!

and to MiniHorse; the grape kool-aid is the best.

??

Good post...............I agree!

How about this; If you have the players; it really makes no difference what you run!!

and to MiniHorse; the grape kool-aid is the best.

I prefer the cherry flavor myself :thumb: but thanks for the tip.

OK first off most folks on the board know I am NOT real happy with the WingT. Especially if you don't pass and folks load the box on you.

Is the TF systems better? I honestly do not know. I DO know a couple of things about 'HOOVER' though. One is they recruited real good back in the day when they were beating everybody. Of course in those days R'dale was doing pretty good itself.

Will it help WC? I honestly doubt it because they may have the 'system', but they do not have the personel to impliment it. Coaches or players.

High School is not College, just like College is NOT pro. There are some things you can run at some levels, where other things will be a complete failure. Fantastic on paper is NOT a given on the grass.

OK first off most folks on the board know I am NOT real happy with the WingT. Especially if you don't pass and folks load the box on you.

Is the TF systems better? I honestly do not know. I DO know a couple of things about 'HOOVER' though. One is they recruited real good back in the day when they were beating everybody. Of course in those days R'dale was doing pretty good itself.

Will it help WC? I honestly doubt it because they may have the 'system', but they do not have the personel to impliment it. Coaches or players.

High School is not College, just like College is NOT pro. There are some things you can run at some levels, where other things will be a complete failure. Fantastic on paper is NOT a given on the grass.

I concur with you on all points !!! TF nor WingT do not win games w/out the personnel nor coaches who dont pass with WingT OR Run with TF..ITS TAKES TIME FOR EITHER TO EFFECTIVE BUT PERSONNEL IS FOREMOST.!

This offense DOES WORK!!! The average improvement is 3 wins. There is a lot more to the offense than just throwing the ball down field. There is a lot of hard work that goes into running the system, everything from kids working hard to coaches working hard as well. I don't know how things are being run at Wilson Central, but the work begins with the coaches installing drills and putting the kids where they need to be to be successful. The Tony Franklin System provides the coaches with enough resources to be successful, it just takes work!!! The coaches have to do their homework. The coaches also need to be upbeat during practice and the young people WILL feed off the energy the coaches provide. This is an UPTEMPO offense and if you don't practice with that kind of tempo there is no way that you will play with that kind of tempo. The one thing that made us successful was the overall hard work that everyone put in. Good Luck.

MINIHORSE

If "average improvement" is 3 wins; then WC may bring the TF average down some (LOL .......actually not funny). I did some checking on the actual costs of this thing. Did WC attend the coach/player sessions at MTSU this season? This cost a bundle per player!! WC and players MAY have spent over $10,000 on the "Tony" ( if 20 players attended).

Mini..........I got to tell you!! In the words of the circus guy (Barnum??) "There's a sucker born every minute".

Also, 82.7% of statistics are made up on the spot!! :thumb:

This offense DOES WORK!!! The average improvement is 3 wins. There is a lot more to the offense than just throwing the ball down field. There is a lot of hard work that goes into running the system, everything from kids working hard to coaches working hard as well. I don't know how things are being run at Wilson Central, but the work begins with the coaches installing drills and putting the kids where they need to be to be successful. The Tony Franklin System provides the coaches with enough resources to be successful, it just takes work!!! The coaches have to do their homework. The coaches also need to be upbeat during practice and the young people WILL feed off the energy the coaches provide. This is an UPTEMPO offense and if you don't practice with that kind of tempo there is no way that you will play with that kind of tempo. The one thing that made us successful was the overall hard work that everyone put in. Good Luck.

MINIHORSE

If "average improvement" is 3 wins; then WC may bring the TF average down some (LOL .......actually not funny). I did some checking on the actual costs of this thing. Did WC attend the coach/player sessions at MTSU this season? This cost a bundle per player!! WC and players MAY have spent over $10,000 on the "Tony" ( if 20 players attended).

Mini..........I got to tell you!! In the words of the circus guy (Barnum??) "There's a sucker born every minute".

I can't wait to see tem(WC) in the jamboree next week.

OK first off most folks on the board know I am NOT real happy with the WingT.....

They must first make a commitment to excel instead of just participate.

• 5 months later...